JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR Code for Thomson DTA (MediaCom Cable)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boekjar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: IR Code for Thomson DTA (MediaCom Cable) Reply with quote

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=17544625#post17544625

I tried the 2009fi.rid file. On the plus side, this seems to be the only code that I've tried that actually makes the light on the front of the DTA flash... On the down side, the DTA does not seem to respond otherwise to the remote's commands.
Now, let me pause here and say that this Thomson DTA is the DCI1011GEM1 (instead of DCI1011COM). Has anybody seen this yet, or tested it out? (I'm not finding anything across the internet...)

Can you help me?

(This is for the ReplayTV 5040. I don't know anything about making an rid file... I've only learned how to install them with WiRNS.)
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: IR Code for Thomson DTA (MediaCom Cable) Reply with quote

boekjar wrote:
Now, let me pause here and say that this Thomson DTA is the DCI1011GEM1 (instead of DCI1011COM). Has anybody seen this yet, or tested it out? (I'm not finding anything across the internet...)

(This is for the ReplayTV 5040)

Recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.
Unfortunately, I cannot get my RMDU file align with the ICT file. It seems the XMP fires a second signal which cannot be decoded properly as indicated in the DecodeIR.html document (http://www.hifi-remote.com/johnsfine/DecodeIR.html#XMP) The following is an example:

In the above example, signal 3 & 4 is the ChannelDown command as recorded from the LHD device profile. Signal 1 & 2 is ChannelDown command is recorded from my RMDU file uploaded to the Comcast-URC-1067 (CS301009). I'm not sure what to do from here. Is the second signal even necessary?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> ReplayTV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: