JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DENON AVR-2802 Home theater receiver
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kovacslajcsi

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: DENON AVR-2802 Home theater receiver Reply with quote

1. Device: DENON AVR-2802
2. Type of device: Home theater receiver
3. Year:2003
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8206 / OneForAll Kameleon
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? YES
6. Still have original remote? NO
7. Checked the file section? YES, found a partially working code
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? YES, found a code table..
9. Partially working setup code? AUD:0004,0160,0272,0273,0274,0771,1360,1434,2279,2857 best:1460 but just the main buttons
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? YES, the partially working setup codes where from the tool.

Hi,

I found a code at R/C, with all of the buttons of the original remote, but it is in Pronto format.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/denon/avr-2802/page-1/

The code found here, in the file section is partially working. I upload them with IR.exe, the main functions are OK, but the OSD, and programing part of the receiver is unavailable without the missing buttons. (Only 20 commands are in the file, the original remote has 56 commands)

I'm an absolute beginner, it's my firt try with this type of remotes.

Thanks for any kind of help!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pronto hex is really easy to work with. You just add them as learns in IR and the codes are calculated for you.

Data shown in the grid
function, efc, 5-efc, dev, protocol, OBC
Code:
function       efc     5-efc    dev   protocol   obc      hex
power on       209     01981     2     Denon     225     B8 78
powr off       207     01917     2     Denon     226     B8 B8
0              050     01993     2     Denon     207     B8 0C
1              211     02045     2     Denon     227     B8 38
2              047     01897     2     Denon     202     B8 AC
3              176     01945     2     Denon     197     B8 5C
4              049     01961     2     Denon     201     B8 6C
5              044     01801     2     Denon     204     B8 CC
6              179     02041     2     Denon     195     B8 3C
7              048     01929     2     Denon     205     B8 4C
8              172     01817     2     Denon     196     B8 DC
9              111     01905     2     Denon     210     B8 B4
10+            046     01865     2     Denon     206     B8 8C
yellow         115     02033     2     Denon     211     B8 34
shift          048     33929    12     Denon     205     C8 4C
channel up     110     33873    12     Denon     214     C8 94
channel down   112     33937    12     Denon     213     C8 54
rewind         110     34129     8     Denon     214     E8 94
fast fwd       114     34257     8     Denon     215     E8 14
stop           113     34225     8     Denon     209     E8 74

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Sun May 15, 2011 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
kovacslajcsi

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I need to connect the remote, then open IR, Learned signals-->Add-->device: AUD, key: The key on the remote, format-->Pronto --> then I copy the sequence form RemoteCentral, then OK, and i need to repeat this step for all of the keys?

then Upload it, and ready to use?

so simple?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kovacslajcsi wrote:
Hi,

I need to connect the remote, then open IR, Learned signals-->Add-->device: AUD, key: The key on the remote, format-->Pronto --> then I copy the sequence form RemoteCentral, then OK, and i need to repeat this step for all of the keys?

then Upload it, and ready to use?

so simple?

Well yes and no.

The great tools hear make this so simple. Learned keys are really memory hogs, so what you want to do is make an upgrade from the learns.

I used IR to translate the codes into information that you can use to build an upgrade although you can use these as learns.

The Java program RemoteMaster(RM) or the Excel Worksheet KeymapMaster(KM) can create an upgrade for you. An upgrade is in essense a new setup code.

So you create a new upgrade, copy it into IR and assign it to a key.

Again so simple but a better practice.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
kovacslajcsi

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry, but i have problems again.. What i did:

downloaded RM, assigned the RDF's, and opened IR, then Learned signals tab, copied the first pronto code (power button) from RemoteCentral, then OK button.

Now, there is a line in IR for the first button, the power button. Then i tried to copy the data to RM. On the first page I found my remote, URC-8206, device type: AMP. On the functons TAB i searched for the power button, and tried to import the data from IR, but i failed. I clicked into the EFC field, and entered 246, then hex: 87, but in IR, the value for the OBC filed is 225, and RM tells me, that the maximal value for this field is 127.

Why?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, some basic information about how JP1 remotes work in relation to IR signals.

The IR signal for Power On for the AVR-2802 is Denon IR protocol, device 2, and function number 225. In JP1-speak, the function number is frequently called the OBC.

The remote sends IR signals using a protocol executor, which is just a subroutine in the microprocessor firmware. The subroutine is called with data. In JP1-speak, we refer to fixed data, which is the same for all functions, and some variable data, which we call Hex data. The EFC is an encoded representation of the Hex data, and generally unless you intend to manually program a remote, you should ignore and not use EFCs. Specifically, when you decode Pronto Hex data, you should only pay attention to the OBC, and ignore the EFC and Hex data.

In fact, showing an EFC or Hex data as part of a IR decode is a hangover from much simpler days, when UEI remotes could send Denon IR signals in only one way-- using the protocol executor that we call Denon. That executor takes one byte of Hex Data, and can only be used with one device number. These days, most people will need to use a different executor, which we call Denon Combo (Official). It uses 2 bytes of Hex data, and can specify a device number and OBC for each function.

That's the excecutor you need, since your receiver uses more than one device number.

Now for your particular problem, I guess that you didn't select a protocol executor on the Setup tab before entering the Functions tab. It is necessary to specify the executor first. However, once you have specified an executor, you only need to enter the OBC. RM will calculate the Hex data and associated EFC for you.

So:
In RM, on the Setup Tab, choose your remote, select a Device Type, and make up a Setup Code, e.g. 1560.
Select the Protocol (short for protocol executor) to be Denon Combo (Official). Don't use either Denon, which is limited to one device number, or Denon Combo, which is an executor that isn't built into your remote.

Now on the functions tab, enter device 2 and OBC 225. The EFCs and Hex data will be 01981, 209, and B8 78.

Now you can do the rest of the functions.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kovacslajcsi wrote:

Then i tried to copy the data to RM. On the first page I found my remote, URC-8206, device type: AMP.
Device type is an unimportant field. For the most part device types just effect which keys are active for the setup code. However it is important to choose a protocol on this page. The protocol in this case would be the Denon Combo(Official).

Quote:

On the functons TAB i searched for the power button, and tried to import the data from IR, but i failed. I clicked into the EFC field, and entered 246, then hex: 87, but in IR, the value for the OBC filed is 225, and RM tells me, that the maximal value for this field is 127.

Why?

Just use the device and OBC code and let the tools calculate the EFC. EFC's are dependent on the executor and will be different if you use the Denon or the Denon Combo or the Denon Combo (Official).

kovacslajcsi

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

today, i had some freetime, i tried what You wrote, but the remote does not work..

the file, for RM can be found here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2612469817/Denon_AVR-2802.rmdu

I used the Denon Combo(Official) protocol.

When i test the buttons, with the new setup code, the remote works, emmits IR signals, just it does not work with my amplifier.. Sad
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please upload your file to the diagnosis section in our File Section.

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, we need both the rmdu file and the IR file, or if you're using RMIR, the rmir file. That way we can see everything.

Upload the the File Section, Diagnosis.
kovacslajcsi

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I uploaded the files to the file section.

Here are the links:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9659

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9660
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kovacslajcsi wrote:
Hi,

I uploaded the files to the file section.

Here are the links:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9659

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9660

The files don't match.

The upgrade is for an audio device setup /1599

The IR file has one upgrade the /1161. From what I can tell the 1161 is the 1599, but the 1161 is not assigned to a button, so it can't work.

On the General tab in IR assign the audio code to a button. IR 8.03 has a code selector in the toolbar to help you find the correct upgrade.

kovacslajcsi

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

sorry, i was not at home, and my brother did not know the correct file name, it seems, he failed to find it..

Now i arrived to home, and downloaded the memory of the remote, this is what it is programmed for:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9661
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe IR file has two upgrades loaded:
1161 which is a Denon Combo Official upgrade
1599 which is a Manual Settings executor, but the corresponding executor isn't loaded. So there is no way it will work at present, because 1599 calls for a non-existant protocol executor.

Incidently, this information is trivial to see uing RMIR, and less obvious using IR.exe. I think RMIR is much easier to use.
kovacslajcsi

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I downloaded the RMIR, now i see, what You mean.. after setting it to denon combo (offcial), and uploading it to the remote, it works Smile

All buttons, except 5 or 6 buttons, and one of them is the OSD on button.. I tried 3 times to convert it, but it is the same..

It seems, that on RC the pronto code is wrong for this buttons. But the main problem is solved, the remote is working.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: