JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

dreambox dm7000s remote - how to copy/initialize
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mieczotronix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: dreambox dm7000s remote - how to copy/initialize Reply with quote

Hi.
I've been using Dreambox DM7000s sat receiver for a while and I've recently decided to buy a replacement remote for it. I picked something from ebay, which was advertised to work with dm 7020 (and 7000) series as well. However upon receiving it I've found that the new remote can not control my dreambox.
I have now two remotes: the old one - working, but heavily worn out and the new one, working (IR LED flashes - checked it with a vidcam) but not compatible.
I attempted to re-configure the new remote by pressing DVB-shift/setup for 2 secs then entering some codes I was able to find (like 1237 & some other) but it didn't help.
The question is can I somehow reconfigure the new one to control my DM7000s. Both remotes have the JP1 connector. So if the easy-way (shift/setup) is not the option, maybe I could somehow copy the old one to the new one?
Any ideas?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What remote did you buy?
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
mieczotronix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought this one
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The listing shows a sticker in the battery compartment cover, with a model number starting with URC. What is that model number?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, do you have a JP1 EEPROM cable and/or JP1.2/3 Flash cable?
mieczotronix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the original remote is URC-39730 B02-00. The one I've bought has no such sticker inside (only XLF Q.C. passed). I bought it from a HK seller on ebay, so I guess it must me some kind of a clone or whatever.
Although it does have a 6 pin header labeled JP1.

I don't have the cable yet. But if needed, I can build one (ig. the JP1 EEPROM LPT1). I also thought I'd buy a JP1.2/3 Flash USB cable, but now I think I've read somewhere it is not compatible with dreambox remotes.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mieczotronix wrote:
I don't have the cable yet. But if needed, I can build one (ig. the JP1 EEPROM LPT1). I also thought I'd buy a JP1.2/3 Flash USB cable, but now I think I've read somewhere it is not compatible with dreambox remotes.

At least one dreambox remote, the V4 URC-39930 BJ0, is a JP1.2 remote, but most of the Dreambox remotes are JP1 EEPROM types.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mieczotronix wrote:
... I also thought I'd buy a JP1.2/3 Flash USB cable, but now I think I've read somewhere it is not compatible with dreambox remotes.
A Flash cable will work with a JP1 EEPROM remote if you also buy the JP1 EEPROM adapter. That's a good solution if you have both types of remotes, but pricey if you only have JP1 EEPROM remotes. However, it works extremely well and doesn't depend on old OS's and obsolete LPT ports.
mieczotronix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. thanks. That clears a lot for me with these standards. But what should I do then? I mean is there anything I could try without building the cable? I mean, can I try some button+code magic?
I'm not that all against the cable, since now I use 4 remotes to control my hi-fi/tv setup, and only today I learned that I could control everything using a single JP1 remote. So I think I'll keep the new remote and try to hack it while using the old one as a backup unit.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try blinking back the signature of the new remote using SETUP-983(instructions are here)? I think(based on the pictures in the ebay listing) it is a 10691069 Dreambox V5 URC-39940 JP1.2.

What setup code are you using in the original remote Dreambox V3 URC-39730 JP1? We can check if that is available on your new remote.

Dreambox V4,V5,V6 remotes are compatible with the JP1.2/3 cable.
mieczotronix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing. I never though these remotes have so much features.
Strangely, neither of the two blinks anything back. The old one only produces a long blink already after 9-9-0, while the new one gives the long blink after the fourth digit, i.e. 9-9-0-x (x is a digit [1-5]).

They do not blink back any codes neither on DVB nor on TV device.

How can I check which setup code I am using on the original remote? Do I have to dig in into some files on my dreambox to tell that"?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky is after the 983 signature blink back, not the 990 code blink back. Check out the instructions for that at the bottom of that post and report the results please.
mieczotronix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 983 no blinking either. Both remotes behave exactly as I described with 990 (i.e. - one long blink after 3 (old) or after 4 (new) digits) regardless of the device DVB/TV.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old remote(URC-39730) doesn't have SET-983 command but does have SET-990 blink back setup code so that should work. I believe the SHIFT key is the same as the SET key. Perhaps a check on the manual would help validate the steps you are using to blink back the setup code. What setup code do you remember putting onto this old remote(31, 32, 33)?

I checked the codes and I don't see any match between URC-39730 OUKAOUK1 and URC-39940 10691069.

URC-39730 has setup code 0031 using protocol 016C(XMP) with fixed data 3F 0C 0F 44. Setup code 0032 uses protocol 004B with fixed data of 00. Setup code 0033 uses protocol 005A(NEC) with fixed data 20 9E 8F.

URC-39940 setup code 0031 uses 016C(XMP) with fixed data 3B 07 44 1A. setup code 0032 uses XMP with 3A 17 44 1A. setup code 0033 uses XMP with 39 27 44 1A. setup code 0034 uses XMP with 38 37 44 1A.
mieczotronix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't program the old remote. It was configured and worked right out of the box.
So you're saying I can not reprogram the new one using buttons? Do I get you right binky?
Will I then be able to reprogram the new remote using DIY LPT EEPROM JP1 cable?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: