JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SYLVANIA LD320SS1 32inch LCD/DVD Combo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joball70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: SYLVANIA LD320SS1 32inch LCD/DVD Combo Reply with quote

1. Device: TV
2. Type of device: SYLVANIA LD320SS1 tv/dvd combo
3. Year: 2010
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Millenium 4
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? no
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? no
9. Partially working setup code? no
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? no

need setup code and efc codes or jp1 file

I think i found a few of them under tv combo file search, but if anyone has this particlur file for this tv would be great.....Thx

I got this tv off of ebay, will receive it on wednesday. So i will try those files first.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh so you DO have a JP1 Cable!

Chances are pretty good that TV/0171 (Emerson 41) will give you partial control.

If the files that you found in the file section don't work,

My money would be on the
Emerson LC320EM8A_81 in the TV section
Emerson DVD EWD7003 in the DVD section

My guess is based on the Sylvania results in the Lookup tool that show both LCD and DVD

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
joball70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks vicky.....appreciate it. That tv can't come soon enough Smile
joball70

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: vicky....i need some more help Reply with quote

Hi Vicky,

My millenium 4 does not have much memory, so the problem i have been having is keymove space. Every time i substitute my remote from the files i downloaded, there are so many keymoves, my remote cannot take them all. Plus, when i program it using jp1 with IR.exe, for instance,
it says i need to keymove all the arrow keys, when i should not have to....ughh this is confusing. I am prolly not making any sense.

Do i need an upgrade protocol?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: vicky....i need some more help Reply with quote

joball70 wrote:
Hi Vicky,

My millenium 4 does not have much memory, so the problem i have been having is keymove space. Every time i substitute my remote from the files i downloaded, there are so many keymoves, my remote cannot take them all. Plus, when i program it using jp1 with IR.exe, for instance,
it says i need to keymove all the arrow keys, when i should not have to....ughh this is confusing. I am prolly not making any sense.

Do i need an upgrade protocol?

Joball,

I really need to see your IR files and upgrades to help, but I would think that you might be using the wrong kind of upgrade if you are getting so many keymoves. Just because this is a TV is no reason to use the TV type. Change the upgrade to Cable and that should eliminate a boatload of keymoves. This might effect punch through, but should eliminate a lot of keymoves.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
joball70

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Wow....Thanks vicky Reply with quote

Excellent. I did what u said about changing from tv to cable on remote master. And also, did it with some of my other devices.....and that freed up alot of space. Very much appreciate it Very Happy
joball70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention this in last post. One problem i have been having on my millenium4, is the power button. When i press power, it has no problem turning tv off. However, i try pressing power and it seems i have to press repeatledly to turn tv on, and its random of how many presses i have to do to turn on.

I dont think its a bad button on the remote, cuz the power button works on other things. Plus i programmed the same tv file on a gateway and power toggle works fine using the same efc code.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joball70 wrote:

Excellent. I did what u said about changing from tv to cable on remote master. And also, did it with some of my other devices.....and that freed up alot of space. Very much appreciate it

Switching your upgrades to cable will have one negative effect, that is punch through may not work as advertised. That means you may need to keymove the volume keys into cable mode because the volume punch through may not work correctly.

Quote:

I forgot to mention this in last post. One problem i have been having on my millenium4, is the power button. When i press power, it has no problem turning tv off. However, i try pressing power and it seems i have to press repeatledly to turn tv on, and its random of how many presses i have to do to turn on.

I dont think its a bad button on the remote, cuz the power button works on other things. Plus i programmed the same tv file on a gateway and power toggle works fine using the same efc code.

Again I don't know which upgrade or protocol you are using, but it could be that the minimum # of repeats in the protocol is not sufficient. What happens when you hold the power button down? Does it power up then?

joball70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i hold power button down for a few seconds, still won't turn on. But that was yesterday.

Today, i thought i would try something. I aimed remote away from infared signal on right side of tv and aimed to left side and it powers on....lol. Not sure why that is. Seems to work now....hmmm Confused

But here is the file i uploaded yesterday. I uploaded the file, without the power button assigned, because i was testing it with manual efc code punched on remote. I had it assigned before that.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9628
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This corresponds to TV/1886. TV/1886 is in the RCA RCRP05b and the 10820N series.

joball70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find the file tv/1886.....

But i was wondering about if there were any efc's for each input, for example, hdmi, component, tv? Not sure, cuz the original remote i dont think has seperate buttons for each input. Right now i only can find input select witch scrolls through each input with each press of button
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joball70 wrote:
I couldn't find the file tv/1886.....

No file, simply the matching entries in the Lookup tool, although the upgrades for these devices were similar.
Sylvania LD155SL8 Remote Part# NF602UD
Emerson LC320EM8A_81

Quote:

But i was wondering about if there were any efc's for each input, for example, hdmi, component, tv? Not sure, cuz the original remote i dont think has seperate buttons for each input. Right now i only can find input select witch scrolls through each input with each press of button

None have been reported. An EFC hunt might turn up something, but you can get into trouble with those too. Sometimes you turn up features other times you can get into system menus and reset.

joball70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Thanks vicky for all the info Smile

After u said to put devices under "cable"....i went from having only 5 left on move/macro bar in IR.exe to about 102 free on bar. Cleaned up alot of clutter on my memory-starved millenium remote.

Oh yea, one last question.

Are there any efc's for fast foward and rewind for the DVD part of tv?
All i have for rewind or fast forward is "next chapter" or "previous chapter". And those are efc codes 082 and 080.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joball70 wrote:
Oh yea, one last question.

Are there any efc's for fast foward and rewind for the DVD part of tv?
All i have for rewind or fast forward is "next chapter" or "previous chapter". And those are efc codes 082 and 080.

Read the TV manual. I read a couple of Sylvania manuals that seem to indicate holding the Skip button puts you into rewind and fast fwd modes and slowmotion if you are already paused.

joball70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that before.

However, i did find the efc's for ff and rewind for this tv using the old efc shortcut
The pressing of: setup, then efc code pointed at tv.
went from 000 to 255 to see what tv did.

Rewind is efc 207
Fast Forward is 211

the new uploaded file is:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9628
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: