JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

shift not working in ReplayTV 1.2 Extender

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ken_truesdale

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: shift not working in ReplayTV 1.2 Extender Reply with quote

I can't move the shift key in the ReplayTV 1.2 extender. It appears to work correctly in the default location (the "TV[Power]" key) but moving it to other keys doesn't appear to work.

I'm using the KeyCodes.htm file that came with the extender. And when I enter a key code on the General tab, I use a $ followed by the code from keycodes.htm. I can confirm that when I save and do a revert, the hex code changes to the corresponding number.

I've tried a couple of different buttons and they end up doing nothing. (I make sure that the button isn't mapped to anything on any device before trying a button.)

I know that Key Moves don't work with this extender so I'm testing the shift functionality with a macro.

Any suggestions on how to proceed with debugging? And maybe how to find out the correct code for a particular button so that I can confirm that the code in keyCodes.htm is correct?

(BTW, I can't use the default shift of the TV[Power] button because I need those two buttons to do the mode selection for the two devices I'm setting up. And that part of the functionality is working well now. But I need a power off sequence so I decided to go with a shift TV[Power] button to shut things off. Thinking that particular combo might be an issue, I've tried other buttons to shift and they don't work unless I use the default shift key of TV[Power].)
ken_truesdale

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: shift not working in ReplayTV 1.2 Extender Reply with quote

ken_truesdale wrote:
I can't move the shift key in the ReplayTV 1.2 extender. It appears to work correctly in the default location (the "TV[Power]" key) but moving it to other keys doesn't appear to work.

I did get other keys to work for shift. There were a number of problems. First of all, one of the things I was trying to test with shift was on a key move from Keymap-Master but since the ReplayTV remote didn't allow any key moves, the shifted sequence didn't come in to IR at all. Then when I was testing, the shifts that did work were ones I had created in IR for testing giving the appearance of some working and some not.

I've moved shift to the Zones button now (hex $28, decimal 40) since that's the button that has the least appropriate matches in other devices. And since the shifted Zones button is the internal mapping for Power on this extender, I added a macro for Power to do the TV off sequence. The TV on sequence is included in the macros for the device selection which I have bound to the "TV[Power]" and "ReplayTV[Power]" buttons. So I start watching by pressing the device button at the top and I'm ready to go. And when I'm done, I hit the Zones button twice.

Ideally, I had wanted a LKP so that I could just hold down either of the device keys at the top to do the power off (and leave Zones as a shift key for something else maybe later). But from what I can tell, LKP was never set up for the ReplayTV remote. Again, perhaps because key moves are not allowed. But if anyone has any ideas on how to get LKP to work on the ReplayTV remote, please share!! Thanks.
ken_truesdale

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: shift not working in ReplayTV 1.2 Extender Reply with quote

I also had issues with a macro definition on this extender. The instructions do indicate that the duration of sent codes is decreased and that appears to be a problem for my Panasonic TV. The instructions go on to describe what to do if the delay is a problem but they don't have a fix for the duration issue. I found that by just the right combination of switching to other devices and back and nesting of macros, I was able to get the macro to work for the TV.

This remote is now controlling my Comcast cable box, my MythTV, and the original ReplayTV. The first two are selected with the device buttons at the top and the third is selected with a shift (Zones)-"ReplayTV[Power]". If I come up with a 4th device to control, that one will go on shift-"TV[Power]".
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: