JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question about [ButtonMaps] section in RDF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digital Larry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Question about [ButtonMaps] section in RDF Reply with quote

I have an RDF that was developed for the UEI Gondar chip.

It looks like some of the buttons are mapped correctly and some are shifted, for example if you press the numbers they are all fine, but right arrow sends "menu" and some other discrepancies.

I see in the RDF there are 10 button maps and I assume that these correspond to the 10 device categories.

I had assumed that the listing of the keys under the "Buttons" section dictated the correspondence of the key number, but it looks like this is further subject to the [ButtonMaps] info. So, how would I go about making this correct if I know, for example, that when I send key 23, I get the code for key 17?

Thanks,

Digital Larry
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The button maps reflect tables in the remote that determine how upgrades are formatted. There is a post in here somewhere that describes how the upgrades are formatted.

If the button maps don't match what is encoded in the remote, you could see this behavior on upgrades, but fixing requires help of an expert in RDF construction. In the mean time, you could try building your upgrade using a different device type since that button map may be correct and your upgrade will then work
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The [ButtonMaps] section in the RDF reflects the built-in layout of keycodes available per device type. The layout is used in the formatting of device upgrades.

The [Buttons] section in the RDF reflects the physical button labelling. For example, if I press the physical button Power, I expect a certain keycode to be generated. This mapping is listed in the [Buttons] section. For the Slingbox/Hava boxes, this would be the virtual remote button labelling. If a user selects a virtual button labelled Power, they expect it to generate a certain keycode and this mapping is reflected in the [Buttons] section.

Once a keycode is generated(either by pressing the physical or virtual button), the Remote/UEI chip(JU/PK/PL/Axum/Gondar) looks that keycode up in the [ButtonMaps] layout and Device Upgrade to find the IR function/signal to send.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: