JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

jp12serial version 0.18 for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: jp12serial version 0.18 for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X Reply with quote

Version 0.16 of the JP1.x serial library added, among other things, support for the JP1 EEPROM Programming Adapter developed by Kevin Timmerman and marketed by Tommy Tyler. Due to an issue not noticed at the time, that support failed if the adapter was used with RMIR rather than IR.exe.

Version 0.17 is now available. It includes the amendment needed to make the adapter work properly with RMIR. There is no difference from version 0.16 if the library is used either with IR.exe or with RMIR other than with this programming adapter.

The package includes the Windows version jp12serial.dll and both 32-bit and 64-bit Linux versions libjp12serial.so.

The source code of version 0.17 is available here.

Link to the announcement of jp12serial version 0.16.

Last edited by mathdon on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 0.18 of the JP1.x serial library is now available. This adds support for Mac OS X to that previously available only for Windows and Linux, and includes versions for all three processor types PowerPC and 32-bit and 64-bit Intel. For the history of the development of the Mac OS X versions, see this thread.

There are no functional changes from version 0.17 but other changes have been made to enable a common source code to be compiled under all three operating systems.

When used with a JP1.x USB interface cable such as that available from Tommy Tyler's Store, version 0.18 enables RemoteMaster (RMIR) to be used under Mac OS X to download from, and upload to, JP1.2 and JP1.3 (Flash-based) remotes. If such a cable is used together with the JP1 EEPROM Programming Adapter, also available from Tommy Tyler, it also enables downloading and uploading with JP1 (EEPROM-based) remotes.
doucetlaurier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: RM and IR with Mac OS X? Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Version 0.18 of the JP1.x serial library is now available. This adds support for Mac OS X to that previously available only for Windows and Linux, and includes versions for all three processor types PowerPC and 32-bit and 64-bit Intel. For the history of the development of the Mac OS X versions, see this thread.
Hi

I just want to make sure I understand the above correctly. Does it mean that with the appropriate interface I could use my Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 to program my remotes. I currently own two URC 8910 and one URC 9910.

Thanks
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: RM and IR with Mac OS X? Reply with quote

doucetlaurier wrote:
I just want to make sure I understand the above correctly. Does it mean that with the appropriate interface I could use my Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 to program my remotes. I currently own two URC 8910 and one URC 9910.

Yes. You will need both Tommy Tyler's interface cable and his JP1 EEPROM Programming Adapter. There are other sources for interface cables but only Tommy can supply the programming adapter that you will need.
doucetlaurier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: RM and IR with Mac OS X? Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
doucetlaurier wrote:

Yes. You will need both Tommy Tyler's interface cable and his JP1 EEPROM Programming Adapter. There are other sources for interface cables but only Tommy can supply the programming adapter that you will need.

Thanks for your reply. I will get back to Tommy with whom I had talked before getting an answer to my question here.

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: