JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Insignia JP1.3 extender beta version

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Insignia JP1.3 extender beta version Reply with quote

I will shortly upload Beta V0.02 of the extender for the Insignia 31473147 JP1.3 remotes. Two remotes are currently supported by this extender. Both report the 31473147 signature. These are:

Insignia NS-RC01G-09 - 4-device (8 internal)
Insignia NS-RC02U-10A - 4-device (8 internal) with backlit keys

I have done all of my testing on the backlit version. But given that UEI has always loaded the same firmware into remotes with the same signature this should be safe on the non-backlit version.

While Beta is ongoing, please report all issues with the extender here. Hopefully this beta will be pretty short since this was a relatively simple port of the RCA RCRP05B extender with only one curveball thrown at me by UEI.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extender is now uploaded. The file is here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9539
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But given that UEI has always loaded the same firmware into remotes with the same signature this should be safe on the non-backlit version.

Not quite, they reused the signature on some of the millenium remotes and some replay remotes.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh.... I didn't know that

Well, the activation process does some rudimentary checking before it does its magic and would likely NOT activate if the remote is not the same. gfb has one and is testing the extender so we'll know soon enough if it works

-bill
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comes from the RCA RCRP05b topic, but it is also applicable to the Insignia extender.

unclemiltie wrote:
you may have found a bug... I suspect that no one really separates the menu keys from the other keys and thus this never showed up.

Do me a favor, can you test by changing the value at $0761 from $04 to $05 in the raw data, then APPLY that change and upload to your remote. Let's see if that fixes it. I may not be searching all of the keylists, and of course since Menu is the next to last, that's the one that is falling off the list.

To everyone using this extender: this turned out to be a real bug in the logic that figures out which keyset you are using. the net is that the Set_Menu command does not work and menu keys are considered other keys.

This will be fixed in the release version of the extender. Meanwhile, if you change the value at $761 from $03 to $04 in the RAW tab, apply and re-upload the remote will work properly. (this is different from the RCA since the Insignia extender does not have a PIP HT keyset since there are no PIP keys)
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that any global macro I put on a shifted or xshifted key will not run. Shifted keymoves seem to work fine.

EDIT: Could it have something to do with the macro delay. What's a reasonable value? I tried to make a DKP macro, but I have to press the key extremely fast.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another apparent bug found by Greg Bush. the Discrete Off command doesn't work at all.

change the value at $6CD from $3F to $7F and that should fix it. let me know if it doesn't or if that breaks something else
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: