JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BBK:DK1910SI & Octagon:SF-1008 on URC9960B01 [solved]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimdunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Jim,
I used WaveReadr to look at the contents of your second wav file. (Copy from Copy_Paste tab into RM\Advanced\Import Raw Upgrade--make sure the remote is set to 9960 before pasting in.)
It shows NEC 1 device 7. There are no keymoves. Example functions:
Code:

CH+   039   00039   74   AD
CH-   059   00059   11   2F
Power   185   00185   1   7F
Menu   116   00116   20   D7
Up   118   00118   22   97

Uh...
That's weird Surprised

Code:
CH+   039   00039   74   AD
CH-   059   00059   11   2F
Power   185   00185   1   7F

are correct (and so is NEC1 device 7)

but Menu and Up are not.... should be EFC 249,233
(116 is PLAY, 118 is PAUSE)

How can that be ?

IR shows the correct values before exporting the wav...

My 7562s are wav upgradeable - I'll create an upgrade for them and see what happens if I load it...

Last edited by jimdunn on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimdunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimdunn wrote:

My 7562s are wav upgradeable - I'll create an upgrade for them and see what happens if I load it...

Ok - I did that, and it loads fine into my 7562 EBV0EBV1 via the modem with Magic-997. Menu=EFC 249 Up=EFC 233 (and all others correct) in the upgrade device that appears after wave upload to a blank remote(981 reset).

@3FG - I've put the 7562 wav file here.
Could you possibly run that through the same "WaveReadr" procedure, and see if we get the same inconsistency or not?
I tried it, and I get your ("wrong") result for the Kameleon wav file, and a different, ("wrong") result for the 7562 wav file (Menu 234, Up 228, for example) - but I'm possibly doing it wrong...
We now know from my test that this one (7562) loads fine via the modem, giving the correct EFCs in the wave upgraded remote...

@denis_naum:
Could you please try the new file (version 2) at: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9515
and, after you upload it to the remote, test by assigning DVD/2013 to a device button.
    1. Does it upload ok to the remote via modem?
    2. Can you then successfully assign DVD/2013 to a device key?
    3. Does that then control your device at all (any buttons)?
In answering [1] and [2], compare the behaviour of the remote to what happened when you loaded the Octagon wave file I created, earlier, which you said was completely successful...
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
This is interesting. I won't have time to look at this until later tonight. I would comment that the EFCs are "right". It's the button names which are "wrong". I think this has to do with the way upgrades are stored, with a bit mask indicating which buttons are assigned, and which ones in the list of buttons have been skipped in the shorter list of hex data.

Between you original rmdu file and for example, the 7562 9as imported from the wav file) the EFCs are off by one button in the list.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Jim,
This is interesting. I won't have time to look at this until later tonight. I would comment that the EFCs are "right". It's the button names which are "wrong". I think this has to do with the way upgrades are stored, with a bit mask indicating which buttons are assigned, and which ones in the list of buttons have been skipped in the shorter list of hex data.

Between you original rmdu file and for example, the 7562 9as imported from the wav file) the EFCs are off by one button in the list.

Yes, I was just starting to notice that all the right EFCs seemed to be there, but "shuffled", and it is more apparent in the 7562 file with the "off by one".
I hope it's not too hard to find - because that is a nice tool.

At least the whole thing has forced me to "refresh" myself on wave files - I hadn't actually uploaded one through my speakers for years, until today.

On the thread topic, we'll have to wait until the OP can test the new wav file before we can move on here.

If it doesn't work, I guess we're left with a choice of:
    1. The Harmony data is wrong.
    2. The remotes aren't really the same for these devices, even though manuf. says they are

From there, if we can't get more info from the manuf. via the OP, or Google anything better, then the OP is left needing to
    1. Solder in pins and buy a cable, or
    2. Find someone local with a cable/learning remote to help him, or
    3. Send his OEM remote to someone to learn

unless someone can think of a better option I'm missing.

Anyway, sleep calls - I'll catch up with this later...
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The op has a 9960b01, which takes 5 digit efc's.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of 9960B01's lying around that I haven't touched for years, that already have the pins in them. (and I have a USB JP1 cable around here somewhere as well) I could load the stuff that you're doing via the JP1 cable and then use my IR widget to tell you what's coming out the other end.

(that is in between finishing the RCA RCRP05B extender upgrade, back-porting all of those changes to all of the other JP1.3 extenders, and getting the Insignia JP1.3 extender out the door, all the while chasing an issue with Extinstall for Vicky and ......)
jimdunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
The op has a 9960b01, which takes 5 digit efc's.

I've been using 9960 B01 for all the files I've created in RM and IR - I see now I've been less than completely clear in this thread and I've been quoting them as if they were 3 digits.

One of the 2 wave upgrades worked fine, and if you look at the rmdu and the codes in the code boxes above, you'll see the 5 digit EFCs.

The signals were learnt from a Harmony, and the OBCs used to create the rmdu.

I think that procedure should work ok?
(1 of the 2 upgrades created this way is successfully controlling its target device)

Last edited by jimdunn on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
jimdunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
I could load the stuff that you're doing via the JP1 cable and then use my IR widget to tell you what's coming out the other end.

If you have time, that would be great, but since the OP is using wav files, that's what I'd really like to check - what the remote spits out after a modem upload (and ideally how IR sees the upgrade after loading it by modem into a clean, reset remote, too):
This one, mainly: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9515 (DVD/2013), because the other device in this thread works ok via wav.

I'm leaning towards thinking the wav is probably ok (if I use the same procedure and data to make a wav for my 7562, it uploads perfectly via modem to that remote, when I examine the result in IR), and I'm starting to think that either it isn't getting correctly tested, or the Harmony data it's based on is not correct for this device - my favourite "guess" is that the information he says he got from the manufacturer that his device uses this same remote as its "sister" device is not correct, or misunderstood, but it's not much more than educated guesswork at this point, and would be much less so with that test.

There's also still just a tiny nagging possibility in my mind that maybe I've misunderstood and the OP isn't using the exact wave file I generated, and has somehow generated a different one of his own, following the earlier instructions right at the start of the thread - we're still waiting for him to categorically confirm that, and that's the reason it's still nagging at me a little bit...

I suppose there's also an outside possibility of bad decodes from the Harmony learns - but all >35 of them were easy, decode the same, and seem ok, so that feels a bit like clutching at straws...
(edit: I just downloaded the Harmony stuff and learnt it again - here's c.20 of them if anyone wanted to confirm they look good.)

This kind of thing is just so much easier to diagnose when everyone involved has an interface cable... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding WavReadr, I forgot an important point. Before importing the Raw Upgrade, it is not only necessary to specify the remote, it is also necessary to specify the device.

The Device number is on the Table tab of the spreadsheet, column T. If you don't know the device name associated with a device number, look in the RDF. In this case device = 3, and DVD is the 4th type listed, which is 3 in zero based indexing.

Actually you don't need to use wav files at all to see this behavior. Just take an upgrade from the output tab of RM, and import it into another instance of RM. If the device isn't set properly, things get scrambled.

So I'm confident that the wav file "should work".
jimdunn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Regarding WavReadr, I forgot an important point. Before importing the Raw Upgrade, it is not only necessary to specify the remote, it is also necessary to specify the device.

Et voila - if I do it like that it works exactly as advertised - excellent Smile
Everything imports correctly...

Quote:
So I'm confident that the wav file "should work".

Yes, that's pretty much where I am, too.

If it's not controlling the device I'm very much leaning towards that being because it's not being installed and tested correctly, or, more likely (since there was no problem here installing and testing the other one), because that protocol/device/codeset isn't the right one for that device (Harmony download or manufacturer info that it should control the "sister" model incorrect)

Next step if the OP tests this wav file and reports it not working again, seems to be to get him to fire some 5 digit EFCs at the device using built in setup code DVD/0815 at which point if that gets no result we can pretty much say it isn't NEC1 Device 7 with those EFCs.
denis_naum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.

Step by step I will describe my researches:
1. Factory Reset (Setup-Other-981);
2. Loading of updating for Octagon SF-1008 (Setup-Other-997).
After loading WAV two button IR segments flash twice.
3. Has entered a code 2011 two button IR segments flash twice.
Has checked up - all buttons work correctly.
4. Loading of updating for BBK DK1410SI (the second edition).
After loading WAV two button IR segments flash twice.
5. Has entered a code 2013 two button IR segments flash twice.
Has checked up work remote with DVD and the part of buttons works, but carry out absolutely other functions.

If it is necessary I can check up all buttons and write what buttons what functions carries out.

P.S.: guys, please, use simple words and short phrases. It is very heavy to me to understand that you write.

P.S. #2: What means OP?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP means Original Poster. In this case denis_naum. Very Happy

Yes, please list each button and the function that it causes.

The wav file is intended to assign the following EFCs and buttons.
0 00101
1 00057
2 00037
3 00041
4 00043
5 00056
6 00036
7 00040
8 00042
9 00121
CH+ 00039
CH- 00059
Power 00185
Play{pip-swap} 00116
Pause 00118
Rewind{pip-on/off} 00053
Fwd{pip-size} 00055
Stop 00122
Menu 00249
Up 00233
Down 00228
Left 00229
Right 00230
OK 00232
Enter{Skip} 00235
Skipback{pip-freeze} 00059
Skipfwd{pip-move} 00039
Exit 00234
Info 00184
denis_naum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The table of conformity of buttons

URC-9960___________________RC073-01R
2______________________________CH +
4______________________________VOL-
8_____________________________BOOST
SKIP____________________________MUTE
1_____________________________REPEAT
3____________________________KARAOKE:D
PAUSE___________________________EJECT
CH+___________________________ST/5.1
UP_____________________________A-->B
5___________________________SKIPBACK
LEFT_________________________SKIPBACK
SKIPFWD_______________________ST/5.1

That's all Sad
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
OP means Original Poster. In this case denis_naum. Very Happy

Yes, please list each button and the function that it causes.

The wav file is intended to assign the following EFCs and buttons.
0 00101
1 00057
2 00037
3 00041
4 00043
5 00056
6 00036
7 00040
8 00042
9 00121
CH+ 00039
CH- 00059
Power 00185
Play{pip-swap} 00116
Pause 00118
Rewind{pip-on/off} 00053
Fwd{pip-size} 00055
Stop 00122
Menu 00249
Up 00233
Down 00228
Left 00229
Right 00230
OK 00232
Enter{Skip} 00235
Skipback{pip-freeze} 00059
Skipfwd{pip-move} 00039
Exit 00234
Info 00184

I loaded the wav into my 9960b01 and it lines up and shoots as advertised.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
5___________________________SKIPBACK
LEFT_________________________SKIPBACK

Do both 5 and LEFT cause skipback? That would be odd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: