JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help to create ADB3000_RV bin file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prince_of_Siglap

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Need help to create ADB3000_RV bin file Reply with quote

I have a non-US Sling Solo (IR ver 4) and I needed the RV bin file for my ADB3000 cable box. I only can find the JU and PL bin file in the file download section of the forum. Would appreciate help from a kind soul here to help me convert the file. Btw, I am a newbie here and have no experience in doing this. Thank you in advance!
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an rmdu source file, and all the BIN files.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9513

I generated these files by doing Advanced-Import Binary Upgrade in Remote Master from the existing PL BIN which you already found.

You should learn how to do this for yourself, by reading:
Wiki:Creating your own Binary files using RemoteMaster

It really isn't very difficult, and then you won't "be a newbie" any more... Laughing

Please let us know if these files solve your problem.

On an unrelated note - does "Siglap" also have a King and Queen or is it a very small Royal Family to which you belong - I thought Singapore was a Republic these days? Twisted Evil
Prince_of_Siglap

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimdunn,

Thanks for your help. I will try the file out tonight.

Siglap is the name of the area I am staying in. It is on the eastern side of the island. I am a avid road cyclist and own a Pinarello Prince bike. Pinarello have made a special frame with the colour of Spain for the Spain national cycling team and name it Prince of Spain. My frame colour different but have all the colours of Singapore flag. So I decided to call my bike the Prince of Siglap. Hence my nick in the forum Smile.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince_of_Siglap wrote:

Siglap is the name of the area I am staying in. It is on the eastern side of the island. I am a avid road cyclist and own a Pinarello Prince bike. Pinarello have made a special frame with the colour of Spain for the Spain national cycling team and name it Prince of Spain. My frame colour different but have all the colours of Singapore flag. So I decided to call my bike the Prince of Siglap. Hence my nick in the forum Smile.

Cool Smile

That's fascinating - it always makes things feel a little more "alive" if the nick "means something", especially when it's an interesting one with a great story like yours. Smile

Thanks for taking the time out to "colour that in" for me - I really appreciate it Smile

Please don't forget to let us know if the upgrade works or not - we depend on that feedback, and sometimes it's disappointing when people just disappear without reporting back...
Prince_of_Siglap

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimdunn wrote:
Prince_of_Siglap wrote:

Cool Smile

That's fascinating - it always makes things feel a little more "alive" if the nick "means something", especially when it's an interesting one with a great story like yours. Smile

Thanks for taking the time out to "colour that in" for me - I really appreciate it Smile

Please don't forget to let us know if the upgrade works or not - we depend on that feedback, and sometimes it's disappointing when people just disappear without reporting back...

Jim, I have great news! The file works! Thanks for the help. You the man!
jimdunn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince_of_Siglap wrote:
The file works

Thanks for letting us know. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: