JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMIT GB620-IPTV (Nextvod) remote for slingbox
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: SMIT GB620-IPTV (Nextvod) remote for slingbox Reply with quote

I don't have a JP1 remote.
I read many posts in the forum and try to understand how tocreate slingbox bin file through Remote Master.
I can get IR codes by IRCtrl (www.irctrl.com) like '62D68F70'. Could the codes convert to which Remote Master know?
I would like to use SMIT GB620-IPTV in Slingbox
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my article at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6413

It tells you all you need to know about it.

And for you SMIT, check out check out this thread: http://answers.slingbox.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.
Gemma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read your article.
I have tried a learning remote, but it doesn't work. Maybe it is not JP1 compatible.
Caould I read IR code from the remote control directly, then put to Remote Master?
alanrichey wrote:
Read my article at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6413

It tells you all you need to know about it.

And for you SMIT, check out check out this thread: http://answers.slingbox.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that is what you are doing, reading the IR codes from the remote.

But you have to have some sort of sensor to pickup the signal, and as the Article said, this is either a Learning Remote or an IR Widget. What else were you thinking of ?

I guess you could use the IR sensor on some older mobile phones but I don't think anyone has ever written the software.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemma wrote:
I have tried a learning remote, but it doesn't work. Maybe it is not JP1 compatible.

What model remote control was it, and who manufactured it ?

Quote:
I can get IR codes by IRCtrl (www.irctrl.com) like '62D68F70'. Could the codes convert to which Remote Master know?

The website at irctrl.com just times out and won't load for me at the moment - can you describe what it is, and how it works - (I've personally not heard of it) ?

I don't immediately recognise '62D68F70' as any full remote control code format I can remember seeing - it doesn't seem to match JP1 learned format or the usual Pronto format - maybe someone else recognises the format...?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
But that is what you are doing, reading the IR codes from the remote.

But you have to have some sort of sensor to pickup the signal, and as the Article said, this is either a Learning Remote or an IR Widget. What else were you thinking of ?

Sorry, I had forgotten your earlier post. But as Jim says those numbers don't make any sense in this context, although one of the experts that hang around this forum will undoubtedly know better.
Gemma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimdunn wrote:
Gemma wrote:

What model remote control was it, and who manufactured it ?

I bought it from supermarket. There is not manufacturer information in the learing remote.

jimdunn wrote:
Gemma wrote:

The website at irctrl.com just times out and won't load for me at the moment - can you describe what it is, and how it works - (I've personally not heard of it) ?

I don't immediately recognise '62D68F70' as any full remote control code format I can remember seeing - it doesn't seem to match JP1 learned format or the usual Pronto format - maybe someone else recognises the format...?

IRCtrl is a PC IR Remote Control. It could read a IR code from a Remote Control throught IR receiver then map to a keyboard/mouse action on software like MediaPlayer, ACDSee, etc.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to reach www.irctrl.com either. However, 62D68F70 is a reasonable set of hexadecimal digts for a 32 bit IR protocol. Notice that 8F and 70 add to FF, which suggests NEC and a few others. Please post a few function names and numbers like 62D68F70. We could start by just assuming it is NEC1. Perhaps it is device 70.22 (or 185.233, or ....) It depends on how irctrl.com formats the numbers.
Gemma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess the only way is to buy a JP1 compatible Learning Remote or an IR Widget?

My question is :
I have the remote of my device SMIT GB620-IPTV. I have a IR receiver in my computer. Is there any way to read each IR code of button in my remote then let slingbox learn without buying other hardware?
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I can't seem to reach (www.irctrl.com) either. However, 62D68F70 is a reasonable set of hexadecimal digts for a 32 bit IR protocol. Notice that 8F and 70 add to FF, which suggests NEC and a few others. Please post a few function names and numbers like 62D68F70. We could start by just assuming it is NEC1. Perhaps it is device 70.22 (or 185.233, or ....) It depends on how irctrl.com formats the numbers.

Yes, I didn't spot the complement Embarassed - I guess if we can actually reach the website at some point it might help to remove some of the educated guesswork...

Last edited by jimdunn on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemma wrote:
I have a IR receiver in my computer. Is there any way to read each IR code of button in my remote then let slingbox learn without buying other hardware?

Well, if you tell us exactly what the receiver is, or we could access the website Sad , possibly we might be able to find a way to help you use it for this - there are lots of resourceful people here. Smile

There's also http://remotes.slingbox.com, which I believe lets the Slingbox itself do the learning, in case you haven't come across it, which could be less complicated.
I think that just makes you a custom remote file for the Sling - which may be all you need, if all you want to do is use this device with your Slingbox.

Once you've done that, if you need the actual codes for some other reason, there is a way to extract UEI learned signals from an xml file, which should give you just about any information you need - I can't tell you exactly how to get the xml file (Alan Richey could do that, I'm sure) - but I have seen the learned signals in these files. All of this paragraph is somewhat irrelevant, though - if all you need is the custom Sling remote. Smile

Last edited by jimdunn on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I can't seem to reach (www.irctrl.com) either. However, 62D68F70 is a reasonable set of hexadecimal digts for a 32 bit IR protocol. Notice that 8F and 70 add to FF, which suggests NEC and a few others. Please post a few function names and numbers like 62D68F70. We could start by just assuming it is NEC1. Perhaps it is device 70.22 (or 185.233, or ....) It depends on how irctrl.com formats the numbers.

Power :
62D68F70 --> Click 1st time
18B5A3DC --> Click 2nd time

Home:
62D70EF0 --> Click 1st time
18B5C3BC --> Click 2nd time

Mute:
62D77E80 --> Click 1st time
18B5DFA0 --> Click 2nd time
Gemma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimdunn wrote:
3FG wrote:
I can't seem to reach www.irctrl.com either. However, 62D68F70 is a reasonable set of hexadecimal digts for a 32 bit IR protocol. Notice that 8F and 70 add to FF, which suggests NEC and a few others. Please post a few function names and numbers like 62D68F70. We could start by just assuming it is NEC1. Perhaps it is device 70.22 (or 185.233, or ....) It depends on how irctrl.com formats the numbers.

Yes, I didn't spot the complement Embarassed - I guess if we can actually reach the website at some point it might help to remove some of the educated guesswork...

I also tried many times then downloaded IRCtrl successfully. This site is China site. There is older version in http://members.multimania.co.uk/irctrl/IRCtrl2.1.zip.
A simple readme in http://members.multimania.co.uk/irctrl/indexoldcom2.htm in Chinese.
Gemma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimdunn wrote:

There's also http://remotes.slingbox.com, which I believe lets the Slingbox itself do the learning, in case you haven't come across it, which could be less complicated.
I think that just makes you a custom remote file for the Sling - which may be all you need, if all you want to do is use this device with your Slingbox.

Once you've done that, if you need the actual codes for some other reason, there is a way to extract UEI learned signals from an xml file, which should give you just about any information you need - I can't tell you exactly how to get the xml file (Alan Richey could do that, I'm sure) - but I have seen the learned signals in these files. All of this paragraph is somewhat irrelevant, though - if all you need is the custom Sling remote. Smile

I know the site. I have tried, too. My Slingbox is SB151-130. Unfortunately, it doesn't be supported. I got the following message : This Slingbox does not support learning new remote controls. Crying or Very sad

Believe me. I have tried all I could google from Internet. I know my device is not public enough. It is only sold in Taiwan. So I don't expect that I could just post the model in this forum then get the custom remote file for the Slingbox. That's why I ask some many questions and try to make the custom remote file by myself.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemma wrote:
I know the site. I have tried, too. My Slingbox is SB151-130. Unfortunately, it doesn't be supported. I got the following message : This Slingbox does not support learning new remote controls. Crying or Very sad

Ok - then that's not going to be any help, it seems... Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: