JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8060 Extender Beta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silron1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been trying to slowdown the macros, Sky digibox has very slow software on board Setup my keymove for TV 1104 & whatever hex I try its does not appear to make any difference.
Extracts:
Keymove = TV SHIFT-pause <N/A> TV 1104 $09 074

MacroSHIFT-SAT=
X_SAT;pp;X_SAT;1;X_Cancel;T_TV;SHIFT-pause;X_SAT;0;X_Cancel;T_TV;SHIFT-pause;X_SAT;1;XSHIFT-M1

MacroXSHIFT-M1= X_TV;power;X_Cancel;X_DVD;power;X_Cancel;T_TV;SHIFT-pause;X_DVD;M1;M1;X_Cancel;M_SAT;C_SAT

This works well in 8810, the only difference is using SHIFT_M1 instead of XSHIFT but the macros in 8060 seem to fly through.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take a look at the pause protocol since if anything it should have been too slow.

In the interim try creating a pseudo pause by putting 4 or so shift-Phantoms on it. Just make sure that neither button has anything else on it
RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Richard

I see the problem. With the extender we lost some keys that are in the same hex range as the X_,V_ etc buttons.

The functions that you have assigned to Rear/Cener for example need to be reassigned to the up/down/left and right arrows in KM. Same with Surround it needs to be reassigned in KM to the OK button. Then reload in IR and I think it will then work.

Nils

I don't understand what you are saying. I have (or thought I had) assigned the up/down/left/right arrows in KM, at least thats wat it says in KM and in the device in IR. I've uploded the KM txt file that I created so you can have a look, its here :

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/XP_Media_Centre_as_DVD.txt

The AUD device button has been re-assigned in IR to be a DVD type, maybe this is the problem?

Richard

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that KM does not support the protocol but I am not sure if that has anything to do with the problem since I know you have the protocol in IR and it worked unextended.

There is something else that I noticed in the extender that may be related. Sometimes it makes you hit the device button 2x to get the arrow keys mapped correctly. I noticed when this happens in the DVD device the arrows don't work unless I hit it 2x. I have fixed it but have not uploaded it yet.

Try reassigning the device to the DVD button, switch to DVD with the button, and see if the arrows work. If not hit DVD again and try it again. If they then work the problem is solved and I will upload the new version. The problem with this is the new version of the remote expected addition parms passed to it

I also fixed the problem Ron noted with the pause function. I thought I fixed everything when I changed it to the new remote code but missed that one.
RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
I see that KM does not support the protocol but I am not sure if that has anything to do with the problem since I know you have the protocol in IR and it worked unextended.

There is something else that I noticed in the extender that may be related. Sometimes it makes you hit the device button 2x to get the arrow keys mapped correctly. I noticed when this happens in the DVD device the arrows don't work unless I hit it 2x. I have fixed it but have not uploaded it yet.

Try reassigning the device to the DVD button, switch to DVD with the button, and see if the arrows work. If not hit DVD again and try it again. If they then work the problem is solved and I will upload the new version. The problem with this is the new version of the remote expected addition parms passed to it

I also fixed the problem Ron noted with the pause function. I thought I fixed everything when I changed it to the new remote code but missed that one.

Nils,

I've found out how to get round the problem, it looks as though it may be what you have fixed, or it may not be. Confused

Anyway, if I select the device, then press the uniluminated 'Scroll' button then the previously dead keys become active. Pressing the 'Scroll' key again (any number of times) does not deactivate them again.

Adding a 'screen' command to the end of the macro defined on the 'AUD' device (which is now a DVD device) does NOT correct the problem.

Richard
silron1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still fighting the pause slowdown problem. For the moment I'm making macros full of phantom buttons that I can call to give me enough delay. Is the fix in the last extender upload yet?.

I have also noted it needs 2 presses of the device button to make the navigation keys operate.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-8060 Extender Beta Reply with quote

OK.... You talked me into it, I have uploaded a new version of the Beta Extender 1 for the URC-8060 to the jp1 group file section. Test it then I will upload the release package in a day or so.

URC-8060 Extender 1 Beta 2-15-2004

This fixes the device selection (arrows) and the pause protocol. Actually fixes a few things that you may just not have noticed since they were more aesthetic than anything.
RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

A quick question on 'upgradeing' the extender : What is the bext way to do this to keep the various macros, keymoves etc? Can I just merge the new extender with my modified txt or will this cause problems?

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardP wrote:
Nils,

A quick question on 'upgradeing' the extender : What is the bext way to do this to keep the various macros, keymoves etc? Can I just merge the new extender with my modified txt or will this cause problems?

Richard
In this particular case you can take the last extender output file you created and remove the protocols and devices for the extender and save it with the name you use for input to the ExtInstall. There is not enough changed between the 2 extender versions RDF's that it would cause a problem. Make sure you do the install with the newest RDF

This may not always work if the RDF's are significantly changed but in this case it will be fine.
RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nils, at the moment everything seems to be working! Very Happy Many thanks again for your perseverance.

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way folks.. If you are interested in simulating the way the menu and guide buttons work on the unextended remote here is a tip.

Create 2 macros like this:
Phantom1;O_SAT;Shift-Menu;Scroll;Scroll
Phantom2;O_SAT;Shift;Guide;Scroll;Scroll

Then create a DSM for each like this
CBL/SAT;n/a;TV;1103;Menu;nn
CBL/SAT;n/a;TV;1103;Guide;nn

Where nn = hex value of button you choose for macro which you can get from the RDF (Phantom1 is 3A and 2 id 3B)

Then do the same for TV and VCR substituting the O_SAT for O_VCR or O_TV

By the way, you could put it all in the DSM if you want by just doing it with the hex values of the buttons in the first macros
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardP wrote:
Thanks Nils, at the moment everything seems to be working! Very Happy Many thanks again for your perseverance.

Richard
Great....Glad to hear that..

And, it is my pleasure
silron1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Nils for all your endeavours 8) .

It really is greatly appreciated - At the moment everything is looking good.

Will keep posting on further progress.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silron1 wrote:
Thank you Nils for all your endeavours 8) .

It really is greatly appreciated - At the moment everything is looking good.

Will keep posting on further progress.
Fantastic...

Enjoy
RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, one tiny problem (might be my misunderstanding of how this works).

I've setup macros on the device keys, specifically the SAT device. I've defined standard key assignment set to the Shifted Device key and then called this from the non shifted device button, that all works fine.

However, beacuse of my Satalite system, I always want to display the PVR screen (screen 3), so I defined three screen actions in the shifted SAT macro, works fine. But when I call the Shifted SAT macro from the SAT button it only wants two screen actions to get where I want. There are also a couple of other macros called which turn on the TV and AV amp and set the correct TV input.

Here are the macro definitions :

SAT : Phantom3; Phantom1; SHIFT-SAT,M1
SHIFT-SAT : X_SAT; P_SAT; M_SAT; C_SAT; T_SAT;O_SAT; shift; shift; shift
Phantom1 : X_TV; DiscreteON; X_SAT; DiscreteON
Phantom3 : X_TV; 9

What am I doing wrong here, why do I end up with different screens for the SAT and SHIFT SAT macros? SAT always gives one extre screen action than SHIFT SAT?

Richard
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: