JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8060 Extender Beta
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: URC-8060 Extender Beta Reply with quote

I have uploaded the Beta Extender 1 for the URC-8060 to the jp1 group file section
URC-8060 Extender Beta 3
    This version includes:

Faster Macros
    Nested macros
    Macros on all buttons (except SCREEN)
    Very different device selection
    Pause protocol
    Device Specific Macros
    ToadTog
    Long/Double Keypress

This version has 2 issues you need to be aware of:

1) The backlight is sporadic with motion detection. Keypress always turns the backlight on.
    2) Menu and Guide do not act like the unextended remote you will need to use screen to scroll through the screens.

See the included ReadMe.txt for details on installing and using the extender.

Post any problems or requests in the thread.

Good luck and have fun Very Happy

Last edited by Nils_Ekberg on Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
silron1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks from Europe Nils - have just downloaded it - watch this space

Ron Very Happy
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silron1 wrote:
Thanks from Europe
Ron Very Happy
We have to keep our friends across the pond happy... Very Happy
RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

I've never used an extender before so appologies in advance for any stupid questions!

I got as far as step 4 in the Install.txt file, then I got stuck, there is no INSTALL.BAT to modify, where should I get this from? I would assume that it is a simple file that runs EXTINSTALL, but I'm not sure what the parameters should be.

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. I guess I forgot to include it in the beta zip file. Here is what the .bat file should be

extinstall 8060ex1.hex "old.txt" "new.txt"
    pause

RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

Yes I figured that out from the EXTINSTALL readme file.

I run the install.bat that I created and then loaded the combined txt to the remote. I pressed TV and then Power and the IR light flashed several times, then the remote hung completely.

The combined file has a new protocol and several device upgrades (two very simple which are there to support a couple of key moves, one a full device key set), so I tried to load just the extender. Same result it hung on me as soon as I pressed TV - power.

When I uploaded the txt file IR said that the 'signature' in the remote was different from that in IR, I don't know if this is normal or not for extenders.

Any thoughts as to where the problem may lie?

Richard
silron1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Nils will answer in full but regarding the differenr sig. message, IR always complains about this with most extenders when installed for the first time.

However just agree with it and I think you will find it is not a problem.

Just dying to try this extender but my own Windows PC is down at the moment Crying or Very sad

Ron
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, if you were not getting the "signature" error with the output of the ExtInstall then something did not go well with the install. When you load the "URC8060 Extender 1" that I provided you should get the signature message the first time since the signature of the extender is intentionally different than the original. If you accept it then all should be well. Try using the one I provided and add your upgrades just like you would with and IR build.

If the remote hangs after the install look close at the macros that were migrated with ExtInstall. If there are any with the native device names change the native to X_. In other words if there is DVD in a macro change it to X_DVD. The extender does not like native commands like that. IF you don't get by this upload the combined file so I can get a look at it. Also look for any that have a button name of say KEY### since that could also cause a problem since I had to remove a couple of buttons.

By the way, if you look at the RDF files the first 8 chars are the signature.

Last edited by Nils_Ekberg on Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Richard, if you were not getting the "signature" error with the output of the ExtInstall then something did not go well with the install. When you load the "URC8060 Extender 1" that I provided you should get the signature message the first time since the signature of the extender is intentionally different than the original. If you accept it then all should be well. Try using the one I provided and ad your upgrades just like you would with and IR build.

By the way, if you look at the RDF files the first 8 chars are the signature.

Yes thats exactly what happens, if I load the extender then I get the message if the current content of the remote is not extended, then no message, then a message again when the non extended txt is loaded into the extended remote.

I've tried it several times and exactly the same thing happens each time, press the TV button, press the power button and then the remote stays iluminated and is dead. The only way to get it back is to remove the battery or JP1 it again.

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, reread my post above. I think I edited after you read it with some tips. The big one being try the file I supplied and add your upgrades to it.
RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

I tried the extender (URC8060 Extender 1.txt) exactly as supplied, no device upgrades, no new protocols, not even any devices selected. It behaves the same, after the extender is activated the remote is stuck. Is' it possible that my URC-8060 is not quite the same as yours?

Richard
RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've found the problem!

After uploading to the remote I have to wait until the remote goes to sleep before pressing TV and Power to activate the extender. If I do this then it does not hang the remote.

Now I've some macros to try and figure out!!

Thanks for being patient Nils!

Richard
RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, maybe I spoke too soon.

Leaving the remote until it powers down does prevent it hanging, but pressing TV Power does not seem to activate the remote correctly. It flashes the transmit light, then sends the remote into the 'reprogrammed' mode (all lights on dim). Pressing another button then wakes it up.

So far so good. However none of the macros work and pressing TV Power again re-activates the extender again. You can go through this as many times as you like, but none of the key macros are run, its as though the extender has not been initialised.

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, try doing a 981 reset then load the basic txt file I supplied. After the 2 flashes of the red light on the bottom of IR press the TV then power button and see what that does. After the reset it will then give you the signature error again but pressing OK is the right thing to do.

Oh yeah, there is that possibility that the remote is very different but should still work.
RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done all that and it still behaves the same, the extender does not seem to be loaded correctly when you press the TV then Power buttons, it just hangs.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: