JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote code for Pirelli HY2000-OT or HY2600-OT needed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgou1969

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Remote code for Pirelli HY2000-OT or HY2600-OT needed. Reply with quote

Hello

I am looking Remote code for Pirelli HY2000-OT (or HY2600-OT) STB. I searched the forum but nothing found.
Please anyone can help lets drop a reply.

Thanks in advance...
jimdunn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9479

That contains the functions for a Pirelli HY2000 learnt from a Harmony database download.

If you need to recreate the binary files, instructions for using the rmdu to program your Slingbox are here:
Wiki:Using JP1 with your Slingbox - Creating your own Binary files using RemoteMaster

If it doesn't work, post back with answers to the questions in the Readme file, and we'll investigate further.
sgou1969

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: worked !!!! Reply with quote

Hello jimdunn

You are my man !!!!
The file you sent me worked just perfect !!!!!
I was dissapointed i could find a remote file, but you made the up down.
My son is gratefull to you cause now he can watch his favourite kids programs from everywhere!

Thanks again and keep doing this great service !!!! Very Happy
jimdunn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: worked !!!! Reply with quote

Thank you for posting back to let us know it worked - feedback is always appreciated. Very Happy

sgou1969 wrote:
but you made the up down.

Very Happy At first I thought this meant I'd swapped the up/down 'arrow' functions, so I checked, and they seem to be the same as the Harmony download, and seem to be mapped correctly in the rmdu - so I guess you probably meant something else, which I'm missing in translation... Very Happy

If they are swapped for your Pirelli STB then please let us know and I can "fix" the file(s) for future users.

If everything is ok, and I've just confused myself... then "thanks for the thanks", and you are very welcome.

Jim
sgou1969

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Hi Jim

lol...up down has nothing to do with the remote functions...they work perfect..
i meant that you gave me the solution the time i thought the game was lost...
i think it was a translation to english thinking greek... Very Happy
By the way one more question please...
I have a SAMSUNG DVD SH-895 and i found in the forum remote file for the
SH-893. This file works perfect except that it does not have a source button and i cannot change the source from HDD to DVD to USB and so on...
Maybe the 893 missed a hard disk and the remote file doesnt have this function...
Do you have smthng better , meaning a remote file for SH-895 ;

Thanks again and sorry if i ask to much Embarassed
jimdunn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: thanks Reply with quote

sgou1969 wrote:

lol...up down has nothing to do with the remote functions...they work perfect..
i meant that you gave me the solution the time i thought the game was lost...
i think it was a translation to english thinking greek... Very Happy

That's what I thought - your English is far better than my Greek!!! Smile

sgou1969 wrote:

By the way one more question please...
I have a SAMSUNG DVD SH-895 and i found in the forum remote file for the
SH-893. This file works perfect except that it does not have a source button and i cannot change the source from HDD to DVD to USB and so on...
Maybe the 893 missed a hard disk and the remote file doesnt have this function...
Do you have smthng better , meaning a remote file for SH-895 ;

Thanks again and sorry if i ask to much Embarassed

There are some source keys available in the Harmony download for that SH-895.
Code:

Next Input = OBC   223   

HDD Input  = OBC   0
DVD Input  = OBC   227
USB Input  = OBC   4   

I created a new file at:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9481

You might want to follow the instructions in the Wiki link above to move the keys around and regenerate your BIN files if you don't like where I put the buttons -
I just kind of threw them into the "extra buttons" bit at the bottom because I couldn't see an "obvious" place for them to go...
sgou1969

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: SH 895 Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Jim....
i ll give it a try a inform you about....

bye for now Very Happy
jimdunn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.

Incidentally, I hear you loud and clear on this comment!!
sgou1969 wrote:

My son is gratefull to you cause now he can watch his favourite kids programs from everywhere!

We have a networked media player which contains, amongst other things, hundreds of hours of my 7 year old's favourite music, movies, dvds etc.

It is the end of the world if she finds any TV screen, computer, games console or portable wireless device from which she cannot view these files... Very Happy
sgou1969

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Giving the children satisfaction and hapiness is more than getting the pleasure for yourself.... Wink
i am at work and i cant test the dvd now... but as a newbie that i am tell me...
can at the same time sharing the slingbox many people;
i mean when they learnt at work what i managed, they want to watch football games from my IPTV...
is it possible ;; cause till now when i go to connect and someone else is in, it has to through him first out...
and smthng else...i dont know what this Harmony is (Greek word by the way) but it is a real harmony for me !!!
Very Happy
jimdunn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgou1969 wrote:
Giving the children satisfaction and hapiness is more than getting the pleasure for yourself....

Yes, it is... Smile

sgou1969 wrote:
can at the same time sharing the slingbox many people

I'm not actually a Slingbox user - I just know how to create the JP1 files you need to create your custom remotes, which is a pretty straightforward process for any reasonably experienced JP1 user, thanks to the great software support built into our tools by the real experts here - (the Slingbox uses a JP1 compatible chip).

From what I found in a quick search, seems like you might be able to share access to the stream, but maybe only one user at a time - someone will correct me if that's wrong.Confused

Since you can log into your setup over the internet, I see no basic theoretical reason you couldn't give someone else your login details and let them use your setup, provided they can install the necessary software. This may help, but it's not very detailed: http://www.ehow.com/how_6187809_multiple-viewers-slingbox.html

Of course, they might be controlling your devices - or you'd be controlling what they saw - so that might be inconvenient if you wanted to watch something else !!! And, obviously you'd want to be very careful who you gave details to...

There might be other restrictions in the Slingbox software that prevent this sort of thing - I'm not an expert.

This article: http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/review/slingbox-pro-hd/
does say this:
Quote:
Due to concerns from content providers, the Slingbox can only stream to one client at a time. This prevents the simultaneous use of the Slingbox by multiple users. The Sling setup provides a general password and an administrator password; as long as you keep the admin password to your self, you can always kick off other users.

sgou1969 wrote:
i dont know what this Harmony is (Greek word by the way)

Yes - I recognise it's Greek - I learnt Ancient Greek at school many years ago - if I ever slip through a time warp and meet Aristophanes, and need to warn him that he needs to stop writing plays about birds, wasps and/or frogs for a while, and head for the hills, because the Peloponnesians are storming the ramparts, I might be able to have a shot at it...

Seriously, I know the alphabet, which can be useful (especially for local signage when I visited) and since Ancient Greek is the root of many English and Scientific words I might not otherwise recognise, it's a very helpful education which I'm constantly glad to have had, and much of it "stuck" Smile . It's also a very beautiful language, in many ways.

Modern Greek, though - I know nothing except what I can guess from the above - so basically nothing at all.

Anyway, back on topic...

Harmony is a "family" of Universal Remotes made by Logitech.
They tend to be much more expensive than JP1 remotes, and you can only program them with horrible online software.

I have one because my wife likes them - I don't personally care for them either to use, or to program (the software is horrible) - but, as we've seen here, and in other places, having access to their download database can be very useful.

To create an upgrade using the Harmony I have to download the device, learn all the buttons on a JP1 learning remote, then create the relevant JP1 files from the decoded Harmony learns. There's no quicker way, because the Harmony software uses a proprietary, closed format, binary "blob" of the entire user setup each time you download.

That means it takes me at least around 20-30 minutes to create one of these upgrades - mostly due to the horrible, slow Harmony software.

Did I mention the Harmony software was horrible, and slow? Twisted Evil

hope some of that rambling response helps... Smile
sgou1969

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: SH 895 Reply with quote

Hi Jim

i just tested SH 895 files and i think the mistake is mine...
actually the source button exist and is the setup choise in MENU (changes from AV1 to AV2 to ....).
What i really need is a choise that returns me to HDD mode (hard disk drive) when i am in DVD mode (custom 15) or in USB mode (choise External).
So to make it clear i can go to DVD and USB mode, as above but i cant return to HDD mode which is the requested !

As for the slingbox sharing you are right...only one viewer can watch at a given time. This is logical for me cause otherwise there would be a legal problem.

And for conclusion....You suprise me with your greek knowledge...
What i want you to know is that the greeks respect australians a lot and i think you have a big greek comunitty there...
Even we are in the 2 earth edges take a thought to visit Greece somewhen and you wont miss...
I beleive that instead my awful english you got the point...
waiting your answer... Laughing
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: thanks Reply with quote

jimdunn wrote:

Code:

Next Input = OBC   223   

HDD Input  = OBC   0
DVD Input  = OBC   227
USB Input  = OBC   4   

I don't have the DVD in question, so I can't confirm it works this way, but from the function names, I would imagine that:
Next Input pressed repeatedly cycles through all the inputs
HDD Input pressed once takes you directly to HDD input
and so on...

I included those functions in the upgrade I created - so they should be available - if you want to put them somewhere more "convenient" you would need to follow the instructions at:
Wiki:Using JP1 with your Slingbox - Creating your own Binary files using RemoteMaster
and recreate the BIN files.

You may be confused because the buttons ended up on different/odd keys in the final binaries the way I generated them (when RM remaps for the different layouts ) - so the best way to be sure you have all the functions mapped to the buttons you want is to do that part yourself as per the wiki link - all of the functions are available in the rmdu file for you to put wherever you like.
sgou1969

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: sh 895 Reply with quote

thanks Jim.
It works...Volume up function returns me to HDD mode.
Once more thank you for spending time for me and wish you and your family the best..

Regards
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: sh 895 Reply with quote

sgou1969 wrote:
thanks Jim.
It works...

Thank you for letting us know Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: