JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beta testers needed for RCA RCRP05B extender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
the keymoves should stay with the original device. I'm surprised that one "moved" as you said above. are you sure?

No, not anymore. I may have pressed the virtual button device at some point. I rechecked, and multiplex behaves as it usually did. So I can't use, but tested the heck out of it Evil or Very Mad I wish there was a log of the buttons I pressed Smile

unclemiltie wrote:
ElizabethD wrote:
3. I assigned dev5 to xshift-DVD, and dev6 to xshift-AUD. That didn't work at all, signals weren't going to dev5 and dev6. They work fine when mapped to other buttons such as A and B or Macro1 and Macro2.
Is this normal?

I'd say not. Are you sure that you fixed the Xshift value to be $C0 in the RDF? The extender code is expecting the Xshift keys to be there.

Yes I did change xshift to $C0 in the RDF. And I just confirmed what I wrote earlier. Xshift-AUD sends signals coded in dev4 which is on Shift-AUD. Xshift-DVD sends signals coded in DVD which is on the DVD button. When I changed to A and B it works.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
so far two suggested changes to V0.03

1: match up the LED flashing to Vicky's original picks
2: rearrange the key values in the RDF into "keyboard order" to make finding things easier within the tools.

1 - yes, good idea and a longer or double blink will be handy
2 - I like that as well, but will IR dropdown tables still be ok? or do they go by key number? I never really checked.

I haven't seen v0.03 yet.
R2-M0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Direct link to v0.03 of the extender, just for reader convenience

http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9472
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
unclemiltie wrote:
the keymoves should stay with the original device. I'm surprised that one "moved" as you said above. are you sure?

No, not anymore. I may have pressed the virtual button device at some point. I rechecked, and multiplex behaves as it usually did. So I can't use, but tested the heck out of it :evil: I wish there was a log of the buttons I pressed :)

unclemiltie wrote:
ElizabethD wrote:
3. I assigned dev5 to xshift-DVD, and dev6 to xshift-AUD. That didn't work at all, signals weren't going to dev5 and dev6. They work fine when mapped to other buttons such as A and B or Macro1 and Macro2.
Is this normal?

I'd say not. Are you sure that you fixed the Xshift value to be $C0 in the RDF? The extender code is expecting the Xshift keys to be there.

Yes I did change xshift to $C0 in the RDF. And I just confirmed what I wrote earlier. Xshift-AUD sends signals coded in dev4 which is on Shift-AUD. Xshift-DVD sends signals coded in DVD which is on the DVD button. When I changed to A and B it works.

Can you confirm in the raw data that the key value is indeed xshift? It will be the normal key value plus $c0

I see nothing in the code that would do this.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked Raw Data before and still see
Code:
Xshift-AUD=$D1          Xshift-DVD=$CA
Shift-AUD=$91             Shift-DVD=$8A
AUD=$11                DVD=$0A

Xshift-AUD macro is supposed to run dev6, and Xshift-DVD macro is supposed to run dev5.
In raw data, dev5=$76, dev6=$77, matches v0.02 RDF. Device types and setup codes at $0A... are all ok.

Maybe someplace is AND $BF that just clears bit 6 on the way of evaluating Shift($80) vs Xshift($C0) in those two top bits.
I have shift-AUD macro, that's what gets used when I press Xshift-AUD.
I have no shift-DVD macro, so maybe it just falls through to the base DVD when I press Xshift-DVD.
Pure speculation Smile
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My xshift-AUD and xshift-DVD macros run ok, so I think that much is fine. I'll have to test dev5 and dev6 again. They appeared to work last time I tried. Do you have a macro that also does all the set keys for those? If not, you'll get the result you're seeing now. Can you post your IR file?
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today results are slightly different, still not what I expect. I hate when that happens. And totally baffled.

Today, both Xshift-macros go to the base devices (AUD and DVD). See 2 pictures in the zip file, and my IR file.

Do you have a widget to try this?
The top 2 macros must setup Panasonic devices. Not Yamaha(NEC...) nor the JVC gear.
Just change Xshift-Aud to shift-A, Xshift-dvd to shift-B. I used 1,2,3 to test. After I press shift-A or shift-B the signals for 1,2,3 I expect go out to correct Panasonic devices.

I just made macros on shift-TV to use dev6 keys, and xshift-TV to use DVR keys. Both send signals to the TV device. So it looks like shift-device and xshift-device can't be used. Except that Shift-AUD works great on dev4.
SHIFT-TV = Dev_dev6;Phantom9
XSHIFT-TV =Dev_DVR;Phantom9
Phantom9 gives all keysets to the Dev_device.

I've been trying to post this and upload the file for hours. I will upload as soon as I manage. So far I keep being kicked out... looks like it di upload earlier
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9474
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a widget to check. The only strange thing I see so far is on the general tab you shift keycode = 88 and xshift keycode = 63. In my file those are 2 and 130, which I'm pretty certain are correct. Yours don't make sense to me.
R2-M0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your "General Notes" block indicates that you expect the Shift key to be "On Demand" (the same change I made on my remote). On Demand = hex $35 or decimal 53, however, so I'm not sure where the 88 ($58) in your Shift Keycode value came from.

Similarly, your current XShift Keycode value is 63, or hex $3F. $3F is one of the few unused keycodes under this extender. I'm not at all sure from the "General Notes" which button you really intended to use for XShift.

So I think mdavej is right -- something's definitely screwy with your Shift and XShift keycode values. It may not be *the* problem, but it certainly looks like *a* problem, and would be a good thing to fix first.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shift button: Ever since my Xshift troubles, shifts are 2 and 130. Not strange numbers. So I have no idea why you see different numbers. I did use OnDemand before my xshift troubles, then reverted to default.

Xshifts: I found a cause of failure by being lazy. Got tired of pressing xshift, so I made a macro for all that switching from device to device. This one works perfectly while manually they do not. Also few of my xshift keymoves are reliable when put into a macro.
Dash=XSHIFT-AUD;1;2;SHIFT-AUD;1;2;AUD;1;2;XSHIFT-DVD;1;2;SHIFT-DVD;1;2;DVD;1;2
So I suppose it's me. Which leads to a question: what, if any, are the timing constraints on pressing shift?

EDIT:I was going to upload my IR file again and the evidence, then realized why you might see different shift. You're likely on v0.03, while I'm still on v0.02. I plan to do v0.03 today.

Last edited by ElizabethD on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the default extender, Shift is $02 (the setup button) and Xshift is $82, which is a shift-shift. $82 is decimal 130.

you can, of course, change either of these in the general tab.

As for timing, there is no timing considerations for pressing xshift or shift for that matter. On keys pressed on the keypad, the remote loops through and if it gets a shift or xshift key it will set the shift mask and then go and wait for the next key, when the next key comes the shift mask is applied to that key, the shift mask is cleared and the shifted/xshifted key is processed.

On macros with Xshift or Shift keys in them, these are just treated as different key values, which are processed as any other key in a macro.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using v0.3
Great news - FAV works as advertised.
Less great - no change in the xshift-device behavior - ok from macro, not ok from keyboard.
And, as before, if I replace xshifts by A and B it works fine.
If timing isn't an issue, then what might it be?
IR file and widget evidence:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9477
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz

downloaded your file, using the V0.02 RDF that I still had lying around I found the Shift key is $02, the Xshift key is $81, which is shift-shift, you had mentioned that it was something different but I don't see that.

Try this. Map in the general tab Xshift to a real key instead of shift-shift and tell me what happens.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already did that, and you didn't think it was ok
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=95535#95535
and here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=95557#95557
see point 3

in my v0.02 file shift was $2, xshift was $82 not $81 Smile
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,
See my v0.03 file, uploaded above - the only change I made there is back to ALL for the LED, since I forgot to do it at the time of extinstal.

I misread what you asked for, sorry for that.
I changed xshift on general tab to use "List" button $28, left shift as "2".
So I'm running now with the LED patch=ALL, and the new xshift key.

Everytime I press List, we expect it to behave like XSHIFT.
1. For a while I thought that if I press AUD,List,AUD, few keys, it would work, but is not consistent.
2. For the most part, a sequence of List,AUD, some keys will alternate between signals to dev6 and AUD.
3. Likewise, most of the time a sequence of List,DVD, some keys alternates between signals to dev5 and DVD.
4. If I press AUD, and start over, it might be stuck on sending only AUD signals. The only way to break it is to send few signals by shift-AUD (dev4) or TV.
That is not what I would expect.

I need more time to see the pattern. Sometimes it's ok, sometimes is not.

I reread about alt-shift. Alt-shift in 8910 reads the same as here:
Quote:
"Alt Shift" selects whether the second shift key performs an xshift operation
or a ordinary (same as the first shift code) shift operation. You can select
ordinary to have two shift keys that perform the same operation. Using xshift
you can have up to three key moves on other keys by having an unshifted
keymove, a shifted keymove, and an xs-keymove.

The second shift key can be a code shifted by the first shift key. In fact it
can be the first shift key shifted by itself. For example, I set the first
shift keycode to $02 and the second one to $82 and selected "xshift". Then if
I press P (setup) once, the next key is shifted; If I press P twice, you get
the xs version of the next key; If I press P three times, the next key is
back to normal.

I'm almost afraid to pursue this because I don't recall using xshift-device in 8910, and I'm afraid we might break what now works.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: