JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Craig cvd506 Craig DTV Tuner(REMOTE with Slingbox Pro HD)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valentin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Craig cvd506 Craig DTV Tuner(REMOTE with Slingbox Pro HD) Reply with quote

I can’t find to download the remote file for Craig cvd506. I want to use it with Slingbox pro HD. (now the slingbox is working with an Apex converter box, but Craig has more TV channels, I need the remote file)
Thank You!
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this rmdu file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9428

I learnt the functions in the download available from the Logitech Harmony database (It uses NEC1 device 0) to create this rmdu.

The rmdu file contains all of the functions available in the Harmony download, which says it is for a Craig cvd506 - so hopefully will work for you.

Obviously I don't have the devices to test, so you will need to test it yourself.

Instructions for using the rmdu to program your Slingbox are here:
Wiki:Using JP1 with your Slingbox - Creating your own Binary files using RemoteMaster

If it does work, it would be great if you could also follow the instructions at:
Wiki:Using JP1 with your Slingbox - Give your Binary file back to the Community
so that it can be available for other users.

Please let us know how you get on with it.

Thanks.

Last edited by jimdunn on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Valentin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Working. You are SMART. Thank You jimdunn! Reply with quote

The code I selected was 2011
- in setup assistant from slingplayer I tried C2011 because the name of the file was C2011_PL.bin(in SBAV folder),
- 13 seconds to power on and off
-after the initial testing, the actual remote is working fast enough.

Thank you jimdunn!
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Working. You are SMART. Thank You jimdunn! Reply with quote

Valentin wrote:

-after the initial testing, the actual remote is working fast enough.
Thank you jimdunn!

I'm glad it works Smile

While you were typing your reply I was editing my post above to add the part about uploading your working files back here for everyone to share.

Because I think we were posting at the same time, you may not have seen that part.

If you do get a chance to do that, I'm sure anyone else with these devices would be very grateful.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Working. You are SMART. Thank You jimdunn! Reply with quote

Valentin wrote:

Funnily enough - the power key was the only key that was difficult to learn from the Harmony - which I think may mean it was saved in the Harmony download as a "learn" itself - maybe with the key held in while it was being learned. After half a dozen attempts, I managed to learn it as OBC 20. The Harmony lets you learn signals and assign them to keys, so maybe that's what was done here, and why this key was a pig to learn, and all the others were easy. This key was certainly saved as an "additional" key, which may indicate something "different" was done to create it. (that's just guesswork on my part, though...)

It certainly doesn't seem impossible to me that Power works better with a "long" press - that would even seem sensible, so that the device could avoid accidental reaction to the signal...

I guess you could try changing the protocol from NEC1 to NEC2 - see if that has any effect - doing that just changes how the keys "repeat" - but I don't have enough knowledge of how the Slingbox uses the upgrades and decides on repeat/duration to send signals from its blaster to know if that would help/hinder or do nothing.

Last edited by jimdunn on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:14 am; edited 6 times in total
Valentin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We posted the files.
Thank you again jimdun!
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you...

And we posted at the same time again Smile
I was editing my reply above while you posted your last reply...
Valentin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Working. You are SMART. Thank You jimdunn! Reply with quote

jimdunn wrote:
Valentin wrote:

Funnily enough - the power key was the only key that was difficult to learn from the Harmony - which I think may mean it was saved in the Harmony download as a "learn" itself - maybe with the key held in while it was being learned. After half a dozen attempts, I managed to learn it as OBC 20. The Harmony lets you learn signals and assign them to keys, so maybe that's what was done here, and why this key was a pig to learn, and all the others were easy. This key was certainly saved as an "additional" key, which may indicate something "different" was done to create it. (that's just guesswork on my part, though...)

I guess you could try changing the protocol from NEC1 to NEC2 - see if that has any effect - doing that just changes how the keys "repeat" - but I don't have enough knowledge of how the Slingbox sends signals from its blaster to know if that would help/hinder or do nothing.

After the original setup now it is taking just 3 seconds to power on and 2 to power off; therefore, it is no need to change from NEC1.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Working. You are SMART. Thank You jimdunn! Reply with quote

Valentin wrote:
After the original setup now it is taking just 3 seconds to power on and 2 to power off; therefore, it is no need to change from NEC1.

Great Smile

Thanks again for the feedback - it's appreciated.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: