JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Power off discrete code for dish network

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Power off discrete code for dish network Reply with quote

Is there a discrete code for power off a bell express vu 3100 sat receiver?
The protocol I use in my remote is SAT/0775.
All I have found so far are these pronto code:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=discrete&br=dishnetwork&dv=dssreceiver

I'm not sure how to put this in my jp1 remote...
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Power off discrete code for dish network Reply with quote

Carl wrote:

I'm not sure how to put this in my jp1 remote...

You must have been away for a while. Graham (mathdon) has made some exciting changes to IR that make this a piece of cake.

Download the latest version or IR

If your remote has learning:
Open your IR image, naviagte to the learned signals Tab, and add the signals using the pronto hex option. Then test:

If your remote doesn't have learning.

Open a NEW image for any remote that has learning, add the signals and get the decode information that you need for KM or RM.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Carl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: excellent! Reply with quote

wow! It's working.I can now turn off my receiver with the pronto code.
I love this jp1 stuff!
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of upgrades for Dish network receivers in the upgrades area, most of them have the discrete off and discrete on codes in them. (although with the latest receivers Select works as discrete on)

there are also some other undocumented codes as well, for example there is a code that gets straight to the system info menu which is sometimes useful. There are a number of us who have pretty much loaded every possible code into remotes and pointed them at the receivers to see what they do.

(interesting enough, there is a code that is sent that is the same as "info" but also tells some of the receivers to display "low battery" on the screen. The Dish remote must send that code when it senses the battery is low. I've often thought of writing a protocol that would send one of two codes depending on the battery state but never got around to it.
Carl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to know.Thanx fo all the info.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put all the Dish discretes I could find into THIS upgrade. In addition to the ones above, I found a new one that toggles between pip side-by-side and full screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: