JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for upgrade: STRONG SRT5490 (HD STB/PVR)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Looking for upgrade: STRONG SRT5490 (HD STB/PVR) Reply with quote

G'day again, JP1 community.

1. Device: STRONG SRT5490 (note it's SRT not STR)
2. Type of device: High-Def STB / Digital PVR
3. Year: 2008
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8811/8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes (see Notes below)
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a

(Remark: Strong is notorious for deliberately making their remote controls incompatible even between the close product families)

I've been using this device without the remote, as it has the reasonable amount of front panel control buttons and I am only using it to record the HD programs, but now I've faced a tricky issue: its internal HDD died, and to format the new one, you need to type in the password using the numerical buttons on the remote - and this is the ONLY way to key in the password.

I have tried all STRONG upgrades without success. I have another three Strong STBs with the original remotes at home - they don't work on it either.

So, all suggestions are welcome.

As Strong is specifically targeting Australian market, maybe the JP1 members from Oz who own this (or similar - say, SRT5495) model can "learn" few codes and post them here, thanks.

Thanks.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
Remark: Strong is notorious for deliberately making their remote controls incompatible even between the close product families

Well... that's probably not actually a "bad" thing to do (IMO) - some people may want to use more than one of these "Strong" devices simultaneously...
LG, for instance, used to drive me mad, by having multiple devices respond to the same signal Evil or Very Mad
The "Strong" devices seem to use mainly NEC protocol, with different device numbers for different models, which seems fair - this one seems to use device 20.

Try this upgrade file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9493

There are more functions than available upgrade keys, so I didn't map every function to a button.
You will probably want to review the button mappings/layout to suit your needs before using this upgrade, if it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: