JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Help, Atlas 1056B01 problem with DVD button

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Need Help, Atlas 1056B01 problem with DVD button Reply with quote

Hi, After spending hours trying to get this to work, I have to ask for some help. I have a Atlas 1056B01 from BrightHouse Cbl. with extender and it works fine until, I try to add the Magnavox DVD code of 0503. Then it responds with double flashes and other problems.

The IR file (below) is working and I have a macro on the DVD button to switch the input of my TV to video 1 for my DVD, this works fine. But I would like to have the remote setup so on a LKP on the DVD button it will switch to the video 1 on the tv then a SKP will operate the DVD functions.

I tried deleting the DVD button macro and going for DVD control only and that still produces problems.

Can someone please look at my IR file and give some advice on what I need to do ? I hope I have explained the problem but let me know if you need any other info from me.

Thanks ! Sam

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9593
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do this:
First you need a DVD macro to assign keysets. Make it similar to what you now have on AUD, just replace _AUD with _DVD
Then to that macro, add one more button, let's call it phantom4
Make a Special Protocol:
DVD/phantom4=Short:nothing, Long: X_TV, tv input commands, X_AUD, audio input commands
This way, when you press DVD short press, you will control the DVD per the key assignments before phantom4,
And when you press and hold DVD it'll setup the whole system and leave you in DVD mode.
Hope this helps.

edit: Actually you now have the key assignments in Phantom6, so use that.
I'm a bit confused by your file, because your special keymoves, in my opinion, cause infinite loops (TV calls TV calls TV) - so does it all really work?
Regardless, try the approach I'm suggesting, and you can do that for all your devices.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for your reply and help. I have attempted to do exactly as you say but still no good, I removed my DVD input macro and did the special protocol your way and it does not work at all. I tried other variations but still nothing, the DVD button doesn't even light when pressed. I've uploaded another IR file with these changes (below) and would greatly appreciate some more help as I'm not sure what else to do from here.

Regarding your question about my special keymoves, all of those were there when I d/ld'd the 1056 extender file IIRC from here and I have added very little. But yes, it does all work just fine, except this DVD LKP deal.

Please let me know what else to try and thanks again,

Sam

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9615
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth,

Thank you very much for your help, I finally got it working. I was overlooking one part of your instructions and I had the wrong DVD code from this site of 0503 and it was actually 0675.

I have now (with your advice) been able to set my remote up like I've been wanting to with LKP's on the device keys to set the inputs, etc. on my system, works great.

Thanks again Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: