JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast 1067A JP1.2 Extender

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Comcast 1067A JP1.2 Extender Reply with quote

I was setting up some extended 1067A remotes, and discovered an annoying little problem when changing batteries. If you press the "All On" Key before activating the extender, the E2 area gets reset and needs to be reloaded from your ir image. This could be a problem if you are using these remotes where you don't have access to your JP1 tools. Crying or Very sad

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reset problem.

When the extender is inactive, pressing the allPower button causes the e2 to do a 981 reset. The problem with that is if you get in a low voltage situation where the remote does a normal low power reset the extender deactivates and the remote switches to CBL mode. If you didn't notice the reset, pressing the AllPower resets the e2 area.

Since my new setup relies heavily on the AllOn, this was going to cause problems if I didn't have my cables available.

I've changed F812-F813 to "07 10" in the e2 area. This causes Cbl+AllOn to be the extender activation key. If the remote gets into the low voltage situation, and resets and deactivates the extender and switches to CBL mode, a press of the AllOn Reactivates the extender. So as long as nobody presses TV-AllOn, or AUX-AllOn when the batteries are in this low-voltage resetting condition, the e2 area will not be accidentally erased.

Its not fool proof, but it certainly cuts down on the probability of the e2 area getting reset.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: