JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

need RCA CMR-200 camcorder owners manual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtrg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: need RCA CMR-200 camcorder owners manual Reply with quote

This is aimed at the user STEVE or any user who can help. I am looking for a FREE owners manual for a vintage RCA CMR-200 camcorder. The other brands of similar design would probably work as well. The issue is that the round A/V port is a IN AND OUT. I have both cables. The OUT cable uses a straight connector while the IN cable uses a 90 degree connector. The unit is capable of recording from outside sources. There is no REC button for VCR recording apart from the record stop start button. I need to know how to start/stop the recording once the connections have been made. My SHARP has the same type of cable WITH a separate REC button on top. Any help welcome.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably don't have any RCA manuals but would have the equivalent Hitachi service manual. (if I can figure out which model it matches up with) Hitachi did not include the owner's manual in the service lit but might have useful information.

Is this a full size or compact machine ?
Is the I/O connector a miniature phone jack or a multi-pin D type ?
Does it still work ? Belts deteriorate when sitting around.

Some full size machines had a small switch on the botton of the case also.

It is possible that the S/S button is all you need. While looking at the viewfinder, in camera mode, the image should switch from the lens image to the outside source when a (live video) connected cable is plugged in. At least that is what I think should happen. The S/S button should start the recording in that case.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some pics of the RCA CMR-200 on ebay if it helps you match up a similar model:

There's another listing with more pics here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/320633745614
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check to see if I have a manual on this one on CD or microfiche. I know I have paper copy but those are truly buried under a mound of boxes. I moved my shop to a new suite about 18 months ago and all the obsolete paper manuals got put in storage.

Honestly, I don't remember ever seeing an input cable for this series but I'll check further.
rtrg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: cmr 200 Reply with quote

Thanks STEVE. I probably saw this unit but I will look again. Yes I would be interested in your HITACHI equal service manual. I wrote RCA now part of AUDIOVOX but no go. They ignored me like most companies. Let me know if you find the manual. A copy is fine.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RCA matches up with Hitachi VM2000 but the VM2000 does not have an input capability. The jack is A/V output only.

I do vaguely remember some Hitachi's that used the viewfinder jack as an input but I think that was for a character generator attachment, not for external video.
rtrg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: camera Reply with quote

I bought an HITACHI 5000A from EBAY. But again the tape transport did not work. The RCA EVF fit. Surprisingly the A/V INPUT box was there. d yes it does replace the EVF for external connections/ Let me know if you come across a working camera of that design regardless of name.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many transport problems were belt failures on these models. I think there are three main ones. Capstan, reel, and loading/threading
rtrg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: camera Reply with quote

STEVE---- The last camera I had, a HITACHI 5000, had the belt intact yet a faulty transport. An RCA CC-300 had a transport that went into a loading cycle which continued forever. A SHARP VL-L270 had a door that was loose, it would not close all the way. I removed the door, activated the small bypass switch but no response. Another had a bad EVF. I was able to save that one by swapping the EVF. As you can see the issues are varied. SHARP does not use belts. I can only do so much. I did make my own special battery plates so I can use both the SHARP and RCA batteries on each others camera backs. The SHARP has a power input on the side. I also made a plate for RCA battery with a pigtail for that jack. I did the same for the RCA. Enough info? Should I give you more?
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most common belt failure on the Hitachi was the small loading belt (stretch and slip) hidden on the side of the chassis under the cassette holder.

The Sharp units had a lot of power supply filter failures which often caused them to catch fire.

Hitachi had main circuit board construction problems that caused the tiny interconnection eyelets to break loose (hundreds of them and absolutely unrepairable).

Hitachi had capacitor failures inside the camera imager assembly causing loss of picture, again unrepairable.

The only full size VHS camcorders that I have seen in working (or repairable) condition in the last few years have been Panasonic.
rtrg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: camera Reply with quote

Thanks STEVE. Your info is helpful only to a point. If I feel the repair is beyond me, which is the case most of the time, I save what I can and toss the rest. I have uses various camera/battery backs to make adapters so I can use formally incompatible cameras/batteries. I can use the SHARP battery with my RCA and reverse. I made a holder for the PAN long and short ALA batteries which I can use with all 3. No one I know does this kind of strange projects. Let me know if you come across these kind or camera excluding PAN.
rtrg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: CMR-300 Reply with quote

I picked up an RCA CMR-300, similar to the 200, and the CC series, and maybe even the CPR series. In any event it is 100% functional. The camera has a round multi pin A/V OUT on the side. The cord is missing. My SHARP cord uses a different connector. I also have the A/V INPUT box similar in design to the PANASONIC type. The box is marked AUDIO and VIDEO, NOT input and/or output. The side connector is marked A/V OUTPUT> Does this mean that this box replaces the EVF and the start/stop button is used? Or the remote? This is aimed at user STEVE. Any advice welcome from aby one.
rtrg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: camcorder Reply with quote

This is for user STEVE again. I found a pdf file for the RCA CPR 250. Similar enough to the 300. The A/V INPUT adapter DOES replace the EVF for recording from external sources. I am going to try it to be sure this is really for INPUT and not OUTPUT, Thanks for your previous advice,
rtrg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: rca camera Reply with quote

One last time for user STEVE. The A/V adapter IS for recording TO the camera using the EVF port. I tried it and it does work. The in port and out port are 2 different sizes. Easy to separate the 2. I have a SEARS version coming. All the parts should be the same. Thanks for your help and insight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: