JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCRP05B Multiplexer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: RCRP05B Multiplexer Reply with quote

Well. I'm back with a repeat question about an en-extended RCRP05B. (I needed the same info in 2004 for a URC6131) The special protocols spreadsheet doesn't seem to work in Open Office 3. I am looking for the multiplexer protocol for this remote. (RCRP05B remote, Samsung S3F8 processor, not extended, signature 31793179, JP1.3) Obviously, I don't know for certain that one exists since the drop-down boxes don't work in the spreadsheet.

My 6131's are wearing out and are completely full. Cable just went digital and I've got three new boxes and a Blu-Ray. I still have not found an unique code for the Motorolla DTA100 - it responds to at least three different codes (one is xmp, but not the same as the Pace box). Maybe if I can get one good learn out of it's own remote (which is unique) I can build an upgrade by comparing it with the one in the file section, which seems to actually be for the Pace DC50x. It just happens to operate both DTAs.

Phantom devices will help but not my preferred solution.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, Steve....
You start out by asking about a multiplexer, and then diverge into finding the correct IR protocol for your DTA, say that it responds to three different protocols, including XMP, but not the same as the DC50X, but later you seem to say that there is an upgrade which does operate both DTAs.

I'm confused. However, it seems quite likely that the Motorola DTA should work with Cable 1982 (XMP as used in the DC50X, and one of Motorola DVR boxes). Does it also work with Cable 1376?

Or are you looking for a way to have one remote control the DTA but not affect another Motorola cable box?

And what does a multiplexer have to do with any of this?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: RCRP05B Multiplexer Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
The special protocols spreadsheet doesn't seem to work in Open Office 3. I am looking for the multiplexer protocol for this remote. (RCRP05B remote, Samsung S3F8 processor, not extended, signature 31793179, JP1.3) Obviously, I don't know for certain that one exists since the drop-down boxes don't work in the spreadsheet.

Hey Steve, what special protocols spreadsheet are you talking about? I seem to have missed this, and I know I never made any contributions for any of the remotes that I have explored.

Quote:

My 6131's are wearing out and are completely full. Cable just went digital and I've got three new boxes and a Blu-Ray.

I'm on my third week with the new digital boxes and am in the process of studying them to figure out how best to incorporate them into my remotes. So I'm in the same boat.

Quote:

I still have not found an unique code for the Motorolla DTA100 - it responds to at least three different codes (one is xmp, but not the same as the Pace box).

I've found that my Thomson responds to a lot of codes too. Most notably it responds to my Sharp TV's code and keeps dumping me into some channel that seems to show NASCAR 100% of the time. Fortuanately for me, I was able to tweak the protocol enough so that my cable box will ignore it.

Quote:

Phantom devices will help but not my preferred solution.

With the RCA's three phantoms, that would be my first choice!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Um, Steve....
You start out by asking about a multiplexer, and then diverge into finding the correct IR protocol for your DTA, say that it responds to three different protocols, including XMP, but not the same as the DC50X, but later you seem to say that there is an upgrade which does operate both DTAs.

I'm confused. However, it seems quite likely that the Motorola DTA should work with Cable 1982 (XMP as used in the DC50X, and one of Motorola DVR boxes). Does it also work with Cable 1376?

Or are you looking for a way to have one remote control the DTA but not affect another Motorola cable box?

And what does a multiplexer have to do with any of this?

The comments about the DTAs were just comments, not really a question. Just making conversation, trying to explain why I needed a multiplexer and got carried away. Embarassed I have 11 devices in the Family Room and 3 in an A/V distribution center connected via IR repeaters.

I was trying to find a device multiplexer for the RCRP05B. I was referring to this http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1768 but now realize that it is for a different processor. I couldn't find any forum threads or posts addressing a multiplexer for a non-extended RCRP05B. (unless I missed it) The RDF does show Multiplex=01FE but it's not internal.

[side comment] The problem with the DTA100 is that it responds to too many codes. If I use the Motorola STB remote, the DTA100 responds also. If I use the Pace DTA remote, the Motorola DTA100 also responds. If I use the DTA100's remote, only it responds. If I use any built-in code more than one box responds. If I use the available upgrade, more than one box responds. Since the boxes are either in the same room or connected with IR repeaters, I need a unique code for the DTA100. The DTA100 is in the Family Room, while the other two are elsewhere and connected into the whole house A/V system on different channels for recording purposes. If I change channels on the DTA100, I don't want to change channels on the STB or Pace accidentally. I need to duplicate the DTA100's original remote, which does not seem to exist in any upgrade or built-in code (of the 3 internal and one upgrade found so far), since it does not cause the other two to respond but I have not gotten the RCA to learn it's commands yet. [/side comment]
jeajea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to me that you would be better off using a 10820N until the extender for the RCRP05B is complete. The 10820N has ten real device keys and an extender with multiplexer available now. You can find it buy it now on eBay for less than $20 shipped.

http://electronics.shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=10820&_sacat=293
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RCRP05B 31793179 remote requires a fix so that the standard unextended multiplexor will work with it. This will stop it from re-loading the device setup codes from EEPROM on every keypress.

Load protocol and setup code into remote. Press CBL. Press CH+ to apply fix. You can remove protocol and setup code from remote.
Code:

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 01 FA (S3F80) Patch for Setup Table for RCRP05B 31793179
00 00 01 C6 CC 46 81 C6 BE 00 01 C6 CA FF 1B A6
03 00 EB 04 C6 CA FF 1C 8D FF 1D 06 03 B0 C6 78
CD 56 C7 7F 56 CD 80 C4 CC C0 C6 C2 FF 80 C6 C4
00 80 F6 04 4C C4 CA C0 C4 C6 C2 06 C3 80 16 C2
FF C4 BE C4 C4 C2 C6 04 BF C7 14 BE C6 26 C7 00
36 C6 00 5B 18 EB 04 42 77 6B 12 C4 BE C4 22 57
32 46 F6 FF 6D C4 C0 CA C4 C6 BE 8B B0 F6 04 4C
F6 48 B2 C6 BE 00 80 C6 CA FF 80 8D 48 C6
End

Upgrade Code2 0 = 04 53 (TV/1107) Patch Setup Table. Use CH+=RAM, CH-=Original-EEPROM
  01 FA 00 21 01 00
End

After that, the following unextended device multiplexor should work.
Code:

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 01 FE (S3F80) UnExtended Device Multiplexor for patched RCRP05B/URC-39931/URC-7950
 00 00 02 08 63 02 00 06 C0 67 F5 03 C0 83 C0 04 F6 05 D8 AF
End

Note that I don't have a RCRP05B so I haven't tested the above.

Last edited by binky123 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:28 am; edited 3 times in total
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I was hoping someone had done this. I think I saw your post on a patch for the pause protocol but don't remember seeing one for the multiplexer.

I'm still building the upgrade for the remote. Still have lots of work to do, like getting TV PIP function to work in every device mode: and wiring up a serial adapter for JP1.3 before I will be able to test.

I had to install all the newer versions of the various software tools, build a new interface, and learn how to use all of them. I guess I had hoped that my 6131s would last forever ??? or that UEI would never change their remote types (even more ????) It seems like all of my new devices need protocol upgrades added also and the 6131s were running out of room pretty fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: