JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sharp aquos net & dock keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
girl921

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: sharp aquos net & dock keys Reply with quote

Hi, I have a...

1. Device: sharp
2. Type of device: hd tv
3. Year: 2009 or 2010
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? huh? no:)
9. Partially working setup code? yes
10. Learning remote question? yes
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? yes

I'm totally new to this but over the course of 2 days I've been able to get my avr, blu ray, cable box and most of my tv working. I was able to use RM and an .rmdu I found here to get my blu ray working so I'm not completely incompetent. I've also used the learning feature to program the closed caption function and a bunch of other obscure functions from my tv remote to my 8910. However, I have 3 functions I can't make work , the "aquos net" function (to access sharp's sorta internet), the "dock" function (sharp widgets) and the dot or is it a dash function to use with OTA antennas like channel 31.3.

The learning function says "success". When I look at 'learned signals' with IR those 3 have a different device code, they had a device code of 17, all the rest were 1 (all have sharp protocol). When I was using RM I didn't know how to handle the difference. I guess that's where I'm stuck. Any advice would be appreciated or if you need clarification/more info. 3 days ago I'd never heard of JP1 so I've come a long way but I don't really know the technical jargon to ask the question properly, sorry.

Thanks much, Lisa
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa,
You need to use an upgrade that uses the Sharp Combo protocol as that will let you combine your device 1 functions with the device 17 functions.

Try this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1644
girl921

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: working just great Reply with quote

Got all the functions working just great! Thanks for your help. Posted to the file section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: