JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Logitech Revue (GoogleTV)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Logitech Revue (GoogleTV) Reply with quote

Alrighty, got me a Logitech Harmony 300 and an IR Widget. To get ready for GoogleTV, I captured all of the respective IR commands. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the protocol is recognized and appears as "Gap-43x-1150-32?".

Can anybody help? Here's the ICT file of all the commands.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9049
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9050

Tech info:
Freq: 38kHz
length: 4 bytes (32 bits), 2 fixed, 2 variable
ONE: +400 -500
ZERO: +400 -1000
LI: +4000 -4500
LO: +400 -500k
style: MSB

Last edited by The Robman on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Try this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9050

Tech info:
Freq: 38kHz
length: 4 bytes (32 bits), 2 fixed, 2 variable
ONE: +400 -500
ZERO: +400 -1000
LI: +4000 -4500
LO: +400 -500k
style: MSB

Thanks, Rob. Just got the unit today. I created the appropriate bin file for my Slingbox from your RMDU file. It appears that the commands are working appropriately. It took me a while to figure out how to enable the IR sensor on the Revue but I found it. It's a little quirky but it appears to work.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
galfert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz,

Can you share the bin file you created for the Slingbox Player?
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
Is it possible for someone to take these codes an convert them into Pronto Hex codes? I am trying to get these codes into my URC MX-810. I tried to do it myself, but could not figure out Makehex due to this fact that this is a custom protocol, with no predefined file to use with Makehex.

It seems the MX-810 is not emulating these codes properly for the Revue to see them consistently. I have tried learning them from a Harmony remote(they learn fine but execute poorly) and I have also used the above RMDU to load the device onto an old URC 8910 I had and tried learning the codes onto the MX-810 from the URC 8910. The problem I saw with the 8910 was that while the buttons were recognized(by the Revue), the sending of the codes was slow, like the key delay was too long. This seemed to cause issues with the MX-810 when it learned them.

**EDIT**
Ok I read where the current version of RM(I think that's what they were refering to) could convert keys directly to Pronto Hex? If so, can someone point me to that option? I'll look more thoroughly tonight, when I get home.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the Pronto hex...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9124

I've programmed the buttons to repeat, if you find that you want them to not repeat, change the first 4 bytes from "0000 006D 0000 0022" to "0000 006D 0022 0000".
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the codes!

I dunno what the issue is tho but they don't seem to work. I've cut and pasted them in, dragged them to the buttons and they seem to get loaded fine but nothing happens when I press a button.

I tried changing the repeat too, to see, but it didn't do anything.

Frustrating. I know it's probably something I am doing wrong.

**EDIT**

Well just to make sure I was doing this right(since this is the first time I tried using codes) I cut and pasted a code to turn off my Onkyo receiver, which looked to be in the same format as the ones you provided Rob and that one worked fine.

I don't know why the codes for the Revue don't seem to be working.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my mistake, I didn't know that Makehex defaulted to LSB format, whereas these signals are MSB format, so I just fixed the file and re-loaded it.
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Rob. These do work, but unfortunately, they works just as erratically as learning them.

It's definitely something with the way the MX-810 delivers the signal. It sometimes pick up the signal, sometimes it doesn't even with the remote eyeball taped to the sensor. Even using the IR from the remote itself, it is sporatic as to if it will pick up the signal.

On the other hand, the Revue picks up the IR signal perfectly from my old Logitech 890(and 610)and even my URC 8910(although the 8910 has a noticeable delay in sending each signal).

Not sure why the MX-810 has such a hard time with these codes. I don't have an issue at all with any other equipment and my MX-810
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha! I think I got it. I changed the remote eye I was using going from myRF unit to the Revue to one I bought a long time ago at Best Buy and it seems to work fine now. I dunno why the revue doesn't like the other remote eye, but I don't care at this point. It works! Very Happy
prahz2000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The excel file is missing a couple of hex codes that I would like for buttons from the Logitech Revue keyboard: the 'Escape' key and the 'DVR' key. I would also like to program my remote with the hex code that will take me directly to the 'Tune In Radio' app.

Would someone mind providing any or all of the above?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to generate the Pronto hex for those functions, we'd need to know what the original signals look like. The excel file contains all of the functions for which info has been posted so far.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

galfert wrote:
eferz,

Can you share the bin file you created for the Slingbox Player?

Btw, you can download the LogitechRevue.zip which contains the files that I used for my Slingbox at the following URL: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9763

Last edited by eferz on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:27 am; edited 2 times in total
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prahz2000 wrote:
The excel file is missing a couple of hex codes that I would like for buttons from the Logitech Revue keyboard: the 'Escape' key and the 'DVR' key. I would also like to program my remote with the hex code that will take me directly to the 'Tune In Radio' app.

Would someone mind providing any or all of the above?

The remote functions from this project were taken from a Harmony 300 IR Remote using the Logitech Revue as a source device. As Rob mention it contains all known codes/functions available through IR. You'll need to bug the Revue developers to add more IR functionality for their Harmony remotes.

While you're at it ask them why [GTVFacebook] responds with "Application requested ({com.facebook.katana/com.facebook.katana.LoginActivity})". I think even after an entire year, this is still a work in progress.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we saying that there are still buttons that exist but we don't know the codes for them, or are we saying that we have all the buttons that work and it would be up to the Revue guys to add more buttons?

Because, if functions like ESCAPE and DVR really do exist and we just need to find the right codes, I can help with that.

Is anyone here using a JP1 remote to work this? If so, that would be the easiest way to look for new codes. If Pronto hex is the only way to go, I can create a spreadsheet that would generate the codes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: