JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ten Dollar PayPal Prize to get my power button working in KM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wayne Harropson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Ten Dollar PayPal Prize to get my power button working in KM Reply with quote

I just added a request in the Diagnostic area. My 6131 native code 0176 was working well until I had to upgrade my Yamaha receiver, now only the power doesn't work. I learned it in another remote and did what I thought I knew to do in IR and KM with Rob's 0199 upgrade but it didn't work.

This should be an easy $10 dollars for one of you that does this more often than every three or five years. I've made a number of successful upgrades in the past but can't get one stupid button to work.

Look Here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12046
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Power toggle button on the x65 series of Yamaha receivers is NEC1 device 126, OBC 42. Many functions on Yamaha receiver are device 122, and your older receiver used 122 for Power toggle. The x65 series uses devices 122, 126, and 127.1, and some of these signals are a variant of NEC1. We have an upgrade which can send all of these signals, but you probably won't want to use it in your 6131s, because the 6131 can't keymove 2 bytes of hex data (I think).

So to send Power toggle, I think it is easiest to make one more upgrade using the NEC1 executor with device 126. The upgrade would have only 1 defined function-- Power toggle at OBC 42. Then keymove this to the Power button (or other button).

BTW, I think the 0199 upgrade you just posted has an error. It shows up as NEC1 device 122, subdevice 64. The subdevice should be left blank or set to 133. So I would revert to your original 0199 upgrade, and add the very short devic 126 upgrade.
Wayne Harropson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Yamaha One button upgrade Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I think it is easiest to make one more upgrade using the NEC1 executor with device 126. The upgrade would have only 1 defined function-- Power toggle at OBC 42. Then keymove this to the Power button (or other button)..

That worked like a charm.
Thank you so much.
I didn't bother with Rob's 0199 at all, I just went back to the native 0176 because it already had enough advanced efc's for all my needs. My new 'one power button' upgrade is 1176.

I'm still mystified about where you get 126 and why my learning remote has "dev 64" , but none of that matters now.

Thanks again.
Wayne
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha provides their IR codes to custom integrators, and sometimes the spreadsheets leak out into public view. Here's the Yamaha RX765 665 565 465 spreadsheet. Most of the Yamaha spreadsheets list the device numbers, etc but this particular one only gives Pronto Hex. So to use it for JP1, it is necessary to convert the Pronto Hex. I use both IRscope and IrMaster to do the conversion. But these conversions were already done earlier, and the upgrade I linked above can be used with RM to tell you the device numbers and OBCs.

I'm not sure where device number 64 came from, but Toshiba TVs use NEC1 device 64.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
but you probably won't want to use it in your 6131s, because the 6131 can't keymove 2 bytes of hex data (I think).

The 6131 was one of the first (if not the first) JP1 remote to use the two different kinds of keymoves (one-byte key-based and two byte hex-based)

The 6131 extender did not implement the two byte keymoves though, since it was a port of an older extender from a remote that didn't have the two style keymoves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: