JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help - Comcast Remote - PC Control
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
I just took the two CH+ keys timing data, dumped them into Excel and then did the ABS, of all the times the two rows, and added them up and subtracted the difference between what the Mitsubishi and the OEM were, and adjusted the lead-out time by the units of time.

I just tried a different approach. I calculate each ZERO to have a time of 1070 and each ONE to be 2140 (ie, double). So each 16-bit signal has a base time of 1070*16 (ie, if the signal were all zeroes) and the true total time is that total (17,120) plus the number of ONEs times 1070. I then added that number, plus 260, plus the leadout time to come up with 47,050 which I think is probably the true "OFF as total" value.

The channel off frame length was 47000 from the OEM using the ABS calculation, the Mitsubishi signal was 54070. But the protocol specified 53700, so the timing is a bit off. There was a difference of 7070. I subtracted 7100 to from the 53700 to come up with 46600. It seemed reasonable. That's why I usually use IRScope to fine tune a protocol. I just haven't had the time to be thorough.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Plomaris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success! I put in the first protocol upgrade from Vicky's message and now everything works perfectly! All the buttons work as expected, and the mouse movement buttons work fast and smooth like the OEM remote.

Thanks for all your help!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

The KM file has been loaded here.
no-name USB Remote for Windows (circa 2010)

Tom you can open this KM file in RM and finish the button assignment. I changed the protocol ID in the official version to be 01FF, to be consistant with the way we name custom protocols, the one I posted in the thread was called 0014. You can adjust your IR file if you want to, but its not really necessary.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Plomaris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky:

Thanks again for all your help!
sriram

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to installing another one of these I bought a while back and so glad to see an upgrade already available. Thanks Vicky! I've bought three of these so far (at different points in time) and each one has been a little different (different remote codes or different keys they send to the computer).

These are great receivers for HTPCs, but by default are not very configurable, but combined with Eventghost become quite flexible in what each button can do. It does take a bit of configuring and installing a custom driver, but the effort is worth it. I'm using mine to control XBMC and they work pretty well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: