JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help - Comcast Remote - PC Control
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This confirms that this model uses completely different signals from the original model the no-name upgrade is for.

You can easily build your own upgrade now. You can start with the no-name upgrade and enter the info from IR. Forget about the CBL 2049 code on the DVD button (it's irrelevant). Pick the Mitsubishi protocol in RM and enter 71 in device number. Enter the OBC code from each learned command in IR into the OBC field in RM. When you're done, edit the device in IR and paste in the device upgrade code from RM (you can paste right over the old one). Delete the old protocol in IR. There's no need to paste in a new protocol because it's built-in in this case. Upload to your remote and you're done. Your other existing programming is unaffected.

Most of your learns look really good. In cases where there a multiple codes, use the first one.

When it's all done and tested upload it to the file section so other's don't have to go through this pain. I'd probably call it something like no-name version 2. Indicate in the notes that no-name is for older remotes and version 2 is for newer ones.

How much was that 133?
Plomaris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave:

Thanks for all the help. I'll work on building the upgrade. I'll let you know how it goes.

The 15-133 cost a whopping $4.99.
Plomaris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I learned all the buttons then uploaded the upgrade into the remote but no joy. It does not work. I've tried it on the Cable device, AUX device, and dev3 device, but none work.

I have uploaded the RM file here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9061

I have uploaded the IR file here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9060

I hope I'm getting closer!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything wrong with your files. One thing you can easily do is to learn some of the signals from the 1067 into your 15-133, and then use IR to see what signals are actually being sent.
Plomaris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I learned some of the cable codes from the 1067 into the 133.

My 1067 is set for cable device 0476 (confirmed using the 990 function). However, when I learn some buttons onto the 133, IR shows device code 1377, and all the buttons I learned have different EFCs.

For example:

-------EFC-------
Button 1067 133
----------------------------------
CH + 140 181
CH - 147 182
Up 051 185
Down 047 183
Left 049 056
Right 045 052
Play 178 249

So, there seems to be a disconnect between the codes put out by the two remotes, which may be causing the learned codes for the PC remote from working on the 1067.

The 15-133 does work in controlling the PC just like the "no name usb" remote. The goal, however, is to use the Comcast URC1067Bx3 to control the PC. Perhaps I'm asking too much.....

I've uploaded the IR file that I created when I learned some of the cable buttons off of the URC1067Bx3 onto the 15-133. Here's the link:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9062

I'm stumped at this point.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not see the mismatch you're seeing. I compared your original learns to the 1067 generated learns to your upgrade to your IR file and everything matches across the board. I see no problems at all.

Don't worry about the device codes. They're irrelevant when it comes to learns.

I may be able to explain why you are see mismatches though. In IR Advanced menu, check "Always Allow RDF Selection". When you open your 133 IR files again, make sure you pick the 133.

As to why it doesn't work, I'm stumped as well. Have you tried getting really close to the USB IR sensor? Since your 1067 and 133 are shooting the same signals as far as I can tell, maybe it's just weaker on the 1067 for what ever reason (low batteries?).

Otherwise I'm stumped as well, because all your files look fine.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I'm not see the mismatch you're seeing. I compared your original learns to the 1067 generated learns to your upgrade to your IR file and everything matches across the board. I see no problems at all.

Me neither

Quote:

As to why it doesn't work, I'm stumped as well. Have you tried getting really close to the USB IR sensor? Since your 1067 and 133 are shooting the same signals as far as I can tell, maybe it's just weaker on the 1067 for what ever reason (low batteries?).

This is where PB comes in.

I've taken a look at two signals

While both signals decode to Mitsubishi Device 71,OBC 0, the frequency and timings are different enough that the Mitsubishi protocol is probably not close enough to operate this device.

DVD CH+ frequency 38277
Repeat: +260 -1876 +260 -1876 +260 -1876 +260 -808 +260 -808 +260 -808 +260 -1876 +260 -808 +260 -808 +260 -808 +260 -808 +260 -808 +260 -808 +260 -808 +260 -808 +260 -808 +260 -25372

CBL/SAT CH+ frequency 32786
Repeat: +304 -2150 +304 -2150 +304 -2150 +304 -922 +304 -922 +304 -922 +304 -2150 +304 -922 +304 -922 +304 -922 +304 -922 +304 -922 +304 -922 +304 -922 +304 -922 +304 -922 +304 -29238

Tom's going to need a custom protocol to get this to operate the noname.

I won't have time to get to this until this evening.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Plomaris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused then. I see different EFC codes between the learned buttons from my Comcast remote to the 15-133 and the actual EFC codes stored on the Comcast remote, as shown in the examples (e.g., CH+ is EFC 140 on the original Comcast remote, but 181 when learned on the 133).

Here's what I'm doing:

1) In IR, load the existing working IR file for my URC1067Bx3. It has 3 devices defined: Cable (0476), TV (0000), and AUX (1226). It works fine for my cable box, Sony TV, and Sony Blu Ray.

2) In IR, load the "PC Remote Learned.rmdu" file into Remote Master with my URC1067Bx3 selected as the remote. This is the file I created last night with all the codes entered from IR after I learned all the buttons from my no name PC remote to the 133. Device Type is DVD. I set up all the buttons for my URC1067Bx3. On the Setup Tab, code is 2047, Protocol is Mitsubishi, Device Number is 71. I went to the Output tab and hit the Copy button on the top section (bottom section is blank).

3) Back in IR, I go to the Devices tab and click on Add. I hit Paste to populate the data. Type is VCR/DVD, Setup Code is 2047. I hit OK. On the Device Button Selector, I choose dev3 and hit OK. Now I have 4 devices defined.

4) For the new device, VCR/DVD 2047, the Protocol ID is 14 and the Fixed Data is 1D.

5) On the IR Macro tab, I hit Add. For Target: I select AUX and check Shift. For Macro Keys: I select dev3 and hit Add then OK. Then I save the IR file.

6) I connect my URC1067Bx3 to the PC and hit Upload to Remote and OK. The interface lights flash, then the Cable button blinks twice.

7) I then disconnect the remote and hit Setup briefly and then AUX briefly. Then nothing happens - no lights on the remote flash, no activity on the PC. I put the remote right up to the infrared sensor. I then test both the original no name PC remote and the 15-133 and they both work fine.

I even repeated the steps loading the upgrade in the cable device with the same results - no lights, not activity.

So, I don't know what else to do. Sad

Again, thanks to Dave and Vicky for all their help. At least I'm learning a lot about JP1, Remote Master, and IR!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't explain the EFC difference you see. But your procedure is exactly right. Hang tight until Vicky or Rob make a new upgrade for you. Vicky has discovered that Mistubishi is close, but not close enough. She is going to make a new protocol for you.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plomaris wrote:
I am confused then. I see different EFC codes between the learned buttons from my Comcast remote to the 15-133 and the actual EFC codes stored on the Comcast remote, as shown in the examples (e.g., CH+ is EFC 140 on the original Comcast remote, but 181 when learned on the 133).

For the most part EFC's are a useless number. An EFC is a parameter that goes into a subroutine, the OBC is the output. If a different subroutine (PID) is used, a different EFC may be needed to get the desired output (OBC).

Quote:

Here's what I'm doing:

If the CBL CH+ and the DVD CH+ learns are from the differnt sources, you've done everything right. The problem is that the standard Mitsubishi isn't a close enough match to the OEM remote to be recognized by the device.

Quote:

7) I then disconnect the remote and hit Setup briefly and then AUX briefly. Then nothing happens - no lights on the remote flash, no activity on the PC. I put the remote right up to the infrared sensor.

The infrared sensor is not seeing the flash because the signal being sent is out of whack. You need someone to help you with a replacement protocol executor. I won't have time until tonight. Perhaps someone else will do it before I get to it.

On a side note, I recently used a phantom device on another multi-LED remote, the RCA-RCP05B. For me the lack of LED feedback was such a show-stopper that I elected to write a special program to turn on an LED.

Does anyone know if Comcast 1067B extender light up an LED for the phantom device?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Plomaris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky:

Thanks for the clarification. I am certainly in no rush for this. You and Dave and already gone above and beyond to help me. I'm sure glad this forum exists.

I'm not all that concerned about the lack of the LED on the phantom device.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add this protocol into your Comcast 1067B IR file and see if this does the trick. Copy everything from the word upgrade through the word End, and paste it into the protocols form.

Upgrade protocol 0 = 00 14 (S3C8+) Noname PC like Mitsubishi (PB v4.01)
3D 90 11 8B 0E C5 41 08 08 00 82 01 7C 00 82 03
95 68 E2 E6 0D 03 8D 01 46
End

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also confused by the claim that different EFCs are showing. The following pics all show that the CH+ button is OBC 0, EFC 181.

1) This shows the original learn from the OEM remote:

2) This shows the learn from the Comcast remote:

3) This shows the RM file:

So, what are you seeing that's different? Or are you just looking in the wrong place?
Plomaris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob:

I may be looking at it wrong. I'm just comparing the EFC's on the "Advanced Codes for cbl_0476" cheat sheet to those that were learned on the 15-133 in IR.

I've used that cheat sheet in the past to assign additional buttons, like Swap (EFC 236), to the 1067B. Perhaps I'm comparing apples to oranges due to the different remote types.

Vicky:

I'll add that protocol tonight and let you know.

Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you're referring to and I don't know what CBL/0476 has got to do with the device in question.

The above pictures show that you learned the CH+ button from your OEM remote and it showed EFC 181, you then entered 181 into RM and built an upgrade. You then loaded the upgrade into the remote and captured the generated signal and it also showed 181.

What does this have to do with CBL/0476? Does that setup code also work your device?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: