JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony BDP-S570 Blu-Ray player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cisaak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Sony BDP-S570 Blu-Ray player Reply with quote

1. Device: Sony BDP-S570
2. Type of device: Blu-Ray player
3. Year: 2010
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
7. Checked the file section? Yes

So what was wrong with theSony BluRay player, BDP-Sx70 series file?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official code is DVD/1516, but it's not in the URC-8910. So, you could either call up OFA and get them to give you a modem upgrade, or you could create one yourself using the file that Vicki linked to.

Modem Upgrade Procedure:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9278

How to use JP1:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a file I made for the S370, which is basically identical (the 570 supports 3D, built-in 1G RAM for BDLive, and built-in Wifi.)

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8453
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Sony Blu Ray code for Kameleon 9960 (no JP1) Reply with quote

I'm hoping someone out there as a solution to this issue! I can't find a code to operate a Sony BDP-S350 Blu Ray player for a Kameleon 8 (URC 9960) remote.

This is the set up:

Remote: Kameleon 8 (URC 9960) not URC 9960B01
Blu Ray Player: Sony BDP-S350
JP1 cable: No, no JP1 cable/capability

I have been able to teach the commands for "Power" and "eject" after clearing the device key for the DVD. I thought this was strange, but the remote accepted them. However, it would not learn any other function.

Currently, the only Sony codes are 0533, and 0864, neither works. I was surprised to find my Atlas OCAP accepted set up code 1516, and I can manually enter EFCs. I also have a Harmony 880 which downloaded more functions than the OEM remote.

This 9960 is the older model, and is solely a "spare" remote for my living room. However, I would like to be able to use it to operate my Blu Ray, even for the limited basic viewing functions (Play, Stop, etc.)

I have tried calling URC support, but I've hit the wall on "no one can take your call right now". I'm also trying to avoid reprogramming the entire set up after downloading a file (if it exists).

Anyone find a code that works w/Blu Rays for this remote? I do have two URC 9960B01s in the house that I could swap out if needed.

Thanks,
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S350.rmdu from the file section?

Its my understanding that the 9960 is modem upgradable. So you should be able to create a WAV file of the upgrade area. This WAV file will overwrite the entire upgrade area, so if you already have upgrades from URC support, it will be imporant to include these in your WAV file.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Have you tried the Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S350.rmdu from the file section?

Its my understanding that the 9960 is modem upgradable. So you should be able to create a WAV file of the upgrade area. This WAV file will overwrite the entire upgrade area, so if you already have upgrades from URC support, it will be imporant to include these in your WAV file.

Thanks Vicky,

First, allow me to apologize as I posted in the wrong forum, and in a thread it looks like! Not sure how this happened.

I'm wondering if URC does have an upgrade file, the issue is the overwriting. I have so much custom programming that was done manually, it is such a pain to redo.

The other issue is getting through to URC via phone. I've already spent numerous calls "on hold" waiting for a rep. I would just let the speaker phone sit and wait, but they do not use an 800 number for the upgrades. I also think there is only one person who works the phone, as all the times I do get through, it is the same person!

I'll concede and call for the upgrade. I would simply use the Atlas, but the family does like the Kameleon for some reason. (Pehraps the "cool factor" of the screen...)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bizwiz41 wrote:
First, allow me to apologize as I posted in the wrong forum, and in a thread it looks like! Not sure how this happened.

I moved your post here so you could benefit from the answers already posted, as all Sony Blu-Ray players use the same code.

bizwiz41 wrote:
I'm wondering if URC does have an upgrade file, the issue is the overwriting. I have so much custom programming that was done manually, it is such a pain to redo.

Any programming that you might have done manually will NOT be over-written by a modem upgrade because they go to separate areas of the memory.

bizwiz41 wrote:
The other issue is getting through to URC via phone. I've already spent numerous calls "on hold" waiting for a rep. I would just let the speaker phone sit and wait, but they do not use an 800 number for the upgrades. I also think there is only one person who works the phone, as all the times I do get through, it is the same person!

I'll concede and call for the upgrade. I would simply use the Atlas, but the family does like the Kameleon for some reason. (Pehraps the "cool factor" of the screen...)

Then don't wait for OFA, make the upgrade yourself and load it yourself using a WAV file.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
bizwiz41 wrote:

Any programming that you might have done manually will NOT be over-written by a modem upgrade because they go to separate areas of the memory.

There are a lot of options when creating a WAV file. You can change everything, or you can change one area, like the upgrades or the settings... In this case we would recommend that you only change the upgrade area. This will leave all your keymoves and macros in place, but it will overwrite the entire upgrade area. So if you already have upgrades from OFA you need to add those to your WAV file.

bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks Vicky & Robman,

I do have the Sony file, as I used it to grab EFCs for my Atlas.

My issue is now figuring out how to convert the file in a WAV file. Will I need special software for conversion? My quick research looks like I need some software to convert.

I do have the original WAV files from URC, from the previous upgrades. Is there a way to write this Sony file into an existing WAV file?

Thanks again,
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have all of the wav files, IR.exe has the capability to import them all into a single file and then generate a single wav output file for you. You need IR.exe, and the RDF zip file.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also need IrToWav

bizwiz41

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
You also need IrToWav

Ha! This is exactly what I was missing! Thanks a million Vicky!!

I didn't know it existed in the file section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: