JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

keymap-master v9.21 available!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: keymap-master v9.21 available! Reply with quote

The latest version of KM (v9.21) is available.
Changes include:
  • Added NEC 4Dev Yamaha Combo to allow for Yamaha custom signals(pcode for S3C8 and HCS08).
  • Added RC16/18 pcode for NEC 4Dev Yamaha Combo; revised HCS08 pcode.
  • Fixed bug in pcode for XMP (JP1) on older S3C8 remotes.
  • Modified Fujitsu protocol to correct fixed data.

Last edited by mr_d_p_gumby on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed a quirk with updating "XMP JP1" on a 6131nw and 8811. I noticed that the actual protocol is stored in the .txt file, but when I load it, KM updated it to the new version. When I go to save, it says nothing was changed and do I really want to save?

Why does it store it in the TXT file if it will change it automatically without warning? And if it does change, why not catch it so it's saved in an updated file?
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KM might save it in the TXT file, but it does not use that saved information when presenting a protocol upgrade. I don't specifically know why it saves the protocol in the TXT file, but there are a number of items saved that are never retrieved from the file. I suspect this was done originally to help in debugging. In any case, since it does not use the information, it does not consider it as a valid change to be flagged for saving.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two upgrade blocks are saved in the text file so that someone can, as a short cut, grab the upgrade without needing to load it into KM first. This is not meant for a regular user, it's meant for an expert that is trying to zero in on something quickly.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) Somewhat OT: I need a refresher.
The buttons list is red, till a function is assigned, correct?
On the buttons sheet, in the list for 6131+extender, is a button name "slow" in red. Prey tell where is it on 6131?

(2) What is the XMP fix? does it have to do with the need for some change for extenders and repeated digits discussed here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12462&start=15
or some other fix? Is the 9.21 protocol changed from 9.21beta? I'm just curious, we're doing fine as is, not important to change.

(3) I asked for this once before: Not terribly important, but on the keymap sheet it would be great if the OBC column could be made first. Best if we could decide which column should be after Function.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
(1) Somewhat OT: I need a refresher.
The buttons list is red, till a function is assigned, correct?
On the buttons sheet, in the list for 6131+extender, is a button name "slow" in red. Prey tell where is it on 6131?
Yes, buttons are red until a function is assigned.

On the URC-6131, slow is on the right side under the transport key group. It has a symbol with a vertical bar and a right-pointing triangle, presumably meaning "slow play". On the URC-6131nw, it is right under the record button.
ElizabethD wrote:
(2) What is the XMP fix? does it have to do with the need for some change for extenders and repeated digits discussed here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12462&start=15
or some other fix? Is the 9.21 protocol changed from 9.21beta? I'm just curious, we're doing fine as is, not important to change.
There was a register collision in the protocol code for older S3C8 remotes. The new protocol code is 2 bytes longer. Sorry for the confusion, but both Rob and I had two different versions of KM going, and v9.21 consolidates the two.
ElizabethD wrote:
(3) I asked for this once before: Not terribly important, but on the keymap sheet it would be great if the OBC column could be made first. Best if we could decide which column should be after Function.
I must have overlooked your previous request. I'll put this on the list.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
On the URC-6131, slow is on the right side under the transport key group. It has a symbol with a vertical bar and a right-pointing triangle, presumably meaning "slow play". On the URC-6131nw, it is right under the record button.
Thanks, Mike. Who would've thought |> is slow. I intend to put a "slow" toggle on it if I ever figure out how it works on the DVR I have Smile
Thanks for the other explanations as well.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh-hem, that's why they explained what the button is in the manual! Smile

Quote:
Use |> for slow motion playback on a VCR, PVR, or DVD player equipped with this feature. Press PLAY to cancel slow motion.

ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. Yes, and it even works Smile
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There appears to be a problem with the JP1.2 Atlas keymaps in KM 9.21.
When I paste an upgrade into IR the Settings key loses its mapped value. RM maps this remote correctly.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, do all buttons get messed up?
I just had an issue with shift-phantoms and discrete power in Atlas jp1.3 when add KM upgrade into IR. Also keymoves making in IR. Mike suggested to make keymoves to other devices on the Keymoves sheet in KM. And then absorb them in IR by typing in the values KM makes. That works for me.

Bill once mentioned that KM is't ready for extended version. I suspect this is what he meant. I suspect it's a similar situation as the 6131 keymove format.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Vicky, do all buttons get messed up?
I just had an issue with shift-phantoms and discrete power in Atlas jp1.3 when add KM upgrade into IR. Also keymoves making in IR. Mike suggested to make keymoves to other devices on the Keymoves sheet in KM. And then absorb them in IR by typing in the values KM makes. That works for me.

Bill once mentioned that KM is't ready for extended version. I suspect this is what he meant. I suspect it's a similar situation as the 6131 keymove format.

I don't have any keymoves on this upgrade. All the buttons that I use, 0-9, arrows, ok/select, guide all work, but the Settings button doesn't get mapped with the menu key unless I use RM. I'm not sure what other keymoves might be a problem, and I'm not sure if all the Atlases use similar keymaps or not. I just know that I was trying to get to the menu function with the remote and got no flash, looked at my IR file and menu was not mapped, looked at my KM file and menu was mapped so copied it over and it didn't map. Opened the km file in RM menu was still mapped, so copied it into IR and it did map.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. I just tried it. Settings button did not get mapped evn though it's mapped in KM. I used Atlas with sig 1025, jp1.2 which I think is what you used. I setup both KM and IR for the same remote, far as I can tell.

just FYI, Settings is being mapped for Atlas OCAP 1056.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor Bug

URC 8206 is having a problem with NEC 2Dev Combo. Its using the wrong variant, the 8206 has variant 011A:2

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 8206, I think the KM files in the 3rd post in this thread show that the 8206 upgrade is assigning hex data incorrectly to buttons.
Edited to say: Vicky has explained to me that the incorrect assignment is caused by the difference in size of the fixed dat for the two executors, so this is just a symptom of the 2DEV/4DEV confusion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: