JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two Tivos on One Remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phb1342

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Two Tivos on One Remote Reply with quote

I would appreciate any thoughts or advice on this issue.

I thought it would be an interesting academic exercise to figure out how to have two Tivos on a RCRP05b remote.

I read some of the previous theads about TiVos and discovered the MaskedMan comments about PVR and SAT codes that allowed the TiVo “Unit” functions to work: units 1,2,3 or 4. Being only an advanced beginner at this, I first used my semi-retired 8820 to see if one code would work with Tivo 1 and the other with TIVO 2, without affecting the other TiVo. Yes, Codes 0740 and 0745 seemed to work perfectly.

Ok, time for the RCRP05 to use these codes, -- but this remote does not have Code 0745. So, I can make a Device Upgrade using the info I found in the threads, the LookUp Tool, and RMIR.

However, RMIR and RM would not seem to allow me to override the Tivo Protocol to get the magic byte in to work only on Unit 2. I could not find a setting that allowed me to freelance. Finally, I thought of KM on my old XP computer (really rusty on this: spoiled by RMIR…) but KM allowed me to do what I wanted and I made a Device Upgrade for RCRP05 of Code 0745. With both 0740 and 0745 in separate devices, this scheme works perfectly.

Any advice on the following would help me better understand the process and procedures:

a. Is there a way to force Manual Settings in RM, so to get fixed data in the protocol of 5E F3 BF ?

b. Is there a way to extract Code 0745 out of the 8820 into RMIR to reuse in the RCRP05 (i.e., a shortcut)?

I acknowledge that it’s not very much work to do what I did: it took me longer to figure out what my alternatives were than to make the code. (Thank goodness for both the Old and the New Tools).

thanks--

--------------- edit-----------
I am mistaken. In RM, using the Tivo 1 byte code, there is a line to enter the "UNIT" (this is the config for more than 1 Tivo on the same, non-Tivo Remote). When the Unit Number is changed in the 0-8 range, the Fixed Data is changed appropriately. I failed to notice this when I was trying to 'force in" the fixed data but had not entered the unit number. So using the Tivo 1Byte Protocol and the LookUp tool, you can easily add the 'missing' codes as new Devices to a remote.

Sorry for the mis-info
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: