JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA RCRP05B ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: RCA RCRP05B ???? Reply with quote

I have read, and even written, that the RCA RCRP05B is capable of DeviceSpecificMacros out of the box. Is that true?

And if so, do the JP1 tools address this capability.

If not, I'm also wondering what is the best way of back door-ing this past IR? Would a new RDF with no Keymoves area be the best way to edit the RAW data to get the information in?

Also, when you use the phantom devices, do any of the device keys light up?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and yes. Just do it from the special protocols tab and it works fine.

None of the device keys light up in phantom device mode.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, I can't believe that I couldn't find that! Wow, right in front of my face. Doh! I wasn't aware that there was an RDF Spec that would cause IR to do this. Too Cool!

Just looking at the remote, it would seem to be intuitive to double up the phantom buttons on the DVR, CBL, DVD since these buttons have the AUX, SAT and VCR indicators above them.

I think maybe the extender aught to light up those button/leds for the phantoms.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. Does this mean you're working on an extender? Very Happy
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Sounds good to me. Does this mean you're working on an extender? Very Happy

I am looking for a remote that might give me some intense users to try my "supermultiplex". I'm considering the RCA remote but with the 8 devices already there I'm not sure that there is going to be a lot of multiplexing needs here either (I already did the 10820N, but nodbody needs it on a 10 device remote).

I really want the nod or the ixnay on the super-multiplexor.

dolivas27

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky does this mean your thinking of doing an extender for this remote. If so I am would be so happy to seen one this remote has a lot of potential but only with an extender....

Thanks,
dolivas
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolivas27 wrote:
Vicky does this mean your thinking of doing an extender for this remote. If so I am would be so happy to seen one this remote has a lot of potential but only with an extender....

Thanks,
dolivas

"Thinking" being the key word here. I specialize in the Motorola chip, the RCA uses the Samsung chip. The Samsung language is extremely difficult to read/write.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I wrote a small protocol to turn on the LED for the Phantoms.
Instructions can be found here

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8994

Give it a try.

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. Works perfectly. Thanks!
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
dolivas27 wrote:

Thanks,
dolivas

"Thinking" being the key word here. I specialize in the Motorola chip, the RCA uses the Samsung chip. The Samsung language is extremely difficult to read/write.

hey, I find the Motorola processor much more difficult...

all depends on what you know. The Samsung is much more like a PDP11 from an assembler, which I knew very well.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:

hey, I find the Motorola processor much more difficult...

all depends on what you know. The Samsung is much more like a PDP11 from an assembler, which I knew very well.

Its just the language rules on the Samsung are so complicated. When you need to call the register by its W name, when you need to use it by its R name, and then the verb agreement is overly complicated too.

With the Motorola, you've got h,x and a, and then memory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: