JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony Air-Egg protocol?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason the codes don't obviously match is because the mix of device codes is different to what's in the 0158 and 0159 codes.

At any rate, since KM now supports the "Sony Egg" protocol, I have just created an experimental upgrade called Sony_STR-DE805G_Receiver.txt that you can play with.

It's the same mix of the 12 and 16 device codes that's in the official code, I've just added alot more functions (from RobH's site).

Once you've confirmed that at least some of these work, I'll put together a combo protocol for this so that you can mix them all.

Last edited by The Robman on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Carwarr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The reason the codes don't obviously match is because the ix of device codes is different to what's in the 0158 and 0159 codes.

Well, I don't know what IX is, but I must be missing something. With the info you first posted stuck into IR, I get vol+ as efc 072 (hex 49 ) and vol- as efc 069 (hex C9 ). But with the upgrade for KM you put up, and loaded into IR, I get a vol+ as efc 080 (hex 48 ) and vol- as efc 076 (hex C8 ) . I guess I am just not understanding something along the way. I will try them both and see what works.

Thanks again.
Mitch
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Sony protocols, the EFCs change based on whether the device code being used is in the dev1 slot or dev2 slot (in KM), so it's always better to work with OBCs when dealing with Sony commands.
wejones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not experienced enough to understand much of what was involved with putting together this device code, but I have one of those receivers, and wanted to try it, but I had trouble loading the information into IR.
Ie I loaded the Sony_STR-DE805G_Receiver.txt file into the most recent version of KeyMaster spreadsheet, but when I try to copy the info over to IR, I keep getting an error saying that there is an "invalid character in input" after I copy the data over and hit OK.
I thought perhaps the remote I'm trying to upload to (2116) wasn't compatable , so I just tried with the remote that was default with the device, but that didn't work either. I've tried 2 different versions of keymap and 2 different versions of IR.

What am I doing wrong?

I am really interested in this device, because the "egg" remote doesn't give discrete buttons to get most of the functions, but instead requires you to "surf" through multiple on screen menus, meaning that the receiver can't be used unless connected to a TV, which isn't very useful, but if this device would work, then the receiver would be MUCH easier to use.

thanks
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did it in IR (loaded with a file from a 2116) and here is what you need to do:

1. Before you do anything, Open IR and "Download from Remote" then save that file but keep IR open.

2. Paste in the following device and protocol upgrades. Two seperarate actions. Copy including everything from "Upgrade to End:

Upgrade Code 0 = AB 2F (Tuner/0815)
15 09 70 06 E5 30 08 00 48 C8 28 08 88 A8 EF 1F
9F 5F DF 31
End

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 01 15 (S3C8+)
02 02 31 8B 14 F5 15 05 07 02 58 01 18 01 2C 01
18 59 69 04 B3 01 18 00 03 08 05 76 06 01 6B 04
20 01 10 C0 10 C0 FB 03 E6 12 08 8D 01 49
End

3. In IR Upload to remote.
wejones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On reading what you wrote, I thought that this was just what I was doing, but I see now what I did. Pretty stupid of me.
It's been a few months since I've transferred one of these devices that had protocols too, and I was trying to put the protocol in with the device, down in the key move area. I have no idea why, just a mental lapse on my part. Anyway, thanks. It went over fine after I put the protocol in the right place.
wejones

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where this thread was left off with the original poster, since there haven't been any posts for over a month, but I uploaded that device to my remote yesterday, and I haven't had any luck with it. I don't have the receiver connected to a TV right now, so I can't check all of the potential functions, but I was looking to see if any of the keys controlled volume or on/off, or changed the input or a few other items visible from the front panel, and I couldn't detect any reaction of the receiver to the remote at all.
I tried to "learn" this commands and compare to the original, but my 2116 refused to learn the commands, but I guess that was expected from the previous posts. I guess I will try going through all the various functions to see if I can find any function that will work, but this will take a while. But so far, it doesn't seem to work. :-(
thanks.
Carwarr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been able to make it over to my friends house again to try all the added info that Rob posted. So there is the possibility that it might not work if you did everything right. I hope to give it a try soon. I will keep everyone informed when I do.

wejones wrote:
I'm not sure where this thread was left off with the original poster, since there haven't been any posts for over a month, but I uploaded that device to my remote yesterday, and I haven't had any luck with it.
Carwarr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Egg Remote finally replaced by my 8811 Reply with quote

Well, after almost a year, I am back!

I did not make it back over to my friends house to try all your suggestions on his STR-DE805G, so I picked one up myself on ebay. Minus the remote of course.

Using Robs Experimental upgrade on yahoo, and the info posted in this thread, I slightly modified it to be completely accurate for the 805G. I would really like to know if it will work on the 905G. If anyone tries it and gets it to work, let me know.

The bad news is that it looks like there are no other commands, except that the select button acts as a discrete on. To turn off the unit, you must use the on-screen menu.

I went through all the EFC codes from 000 to 260 (little extra to be safe) and the only thing I found was the Vol+, Vol-, Up, Down, Left, Right, and Select. Bummer. But at least we have a complete working replacement now. If it sounds like I did the search for codes incorrectly, let me know and I will try something else.

I stuck my upgrade here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1376

Take a look and let me know if you see anything I should change.

Thanks for all the great work and sorry it took me so long get back to it.

It looks like you guys did alot of work on the sony egg protocol while I was gone and I hope this has not been gone over already. I did do a search first! Smile
tom w

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: sony str-de805g Reply with quote

hi, I read all the postings for the Sony 805G. I must be getting old as the last posting was in 2003. I have the same issue that Carrwarr had. Perhaps by now the Universal remotes support the 805G. Does anyone have any updated information?
Carwarr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: sony str-de805g Reply with quote

Hello Tom.

The only news I have for you is that I have been using that programming for my remote ever since I posted it here and it worked great... Up until my amp got the dreaded Protection error that I was not able to fix. So it got replaced. But if you have a working one, the info should work just fine for you.

Good Luck.
Mitch

tom w wrote:
hi, I read all the postings for the Sony 805G. I must be getting old as the last posting was in 2003. I have the same issue that Carrwarr had. Perhaps by now the Universal remotes support the 805G. Does anyone have any updated information?
tom w

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch,

glad to see that this link is not dead. I picked up a URC-9960 (actually orderd a URC-6690 but they shipped the 9960 instead) and tried to program it for the 805g without luck. I found a link that someone indicated that they were successful with the URC-6690 using the code 0815. I did not have any luck so maybe the 9960 uses a different code from the 6690. anyway, thanks for the post. have a great holiday.

tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: