JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with Outlaw Audio Remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The VPT settings tell you which device the volume punches through to in each device mode.

Ahh, I see - ok. The codes are 0558 for my JVC DVD player, and 0067 for my JVC VCR. It's interesting, before I blew all away all codes on the remote with the 9-8-1 reset code and re-uploaded with your posted Outlaw file, I was able to assign the 0558 code to the AUX where I want it and the 0067 to the VCR where it should be. Now I can't - yet each code can program to the CBL button. Now when I try to program 0476 (Motorolla) to the CBL button, it fails to program, but it succeeds on the AUX button. It's really a bit strange, seems some sort of software glitch to me. As for how I programmed the buttons, I started with IR setting the codes above in the General Tab page and and doing an upload. This worked sending 0000 for my Sony TV, but mis-assigned the JVC 0558 to the CBL instead of AUX, and the JVC 0067 seemed not to assign to VCR at all. So from here on, I did all programming attempts with the remote using the setup button, and I started to see the pattern. I couldn't use 9-9-2 to copy CBL functions to AUX or VCR; in fact I could not program AUX or VCR with my codes as described above.

Sorry if this seems strange, and I don't mean to waste your time if I have a flaky remote. But that's the behaviour I'm seeing. I want to make sure its something I can't fix using the many settings in IR.exe which I'm still learning. What does it mean when I flip to the Raw Data tab and some of the Hex values are in bold ? Do the vendor codes I assign in the General Tab dynamically update the raw data map ? Thanks Rob.

Darren
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: