JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 1056 Ext. v2.10 LKP maximum ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Atlas 1056 Ext. v2.10 LKP maximum ? Reply with quote

I want to put a LKP function under the CBL key that switches the input on my TV with the LKP and CBL on the SKP. In order for my TV to respond properly it requires a total of 18 entries and the LKP says a maximum of 12.

I have the input switch on a macro on one of the PIP buttons but I want that button back.

Here's the entries I've done in the macro that works (exl. the SKP and LKP of course) and how I tried to put into the LKP...

Code:

SKP=CBL

LKP=

AUD
Phantom3
Phantom3
Phantom3
Phantom3
Phantom3
Phantom3
Phantom3
Phantom3

The Phantom3 are delays tied to "Pause"

Is there another way to accomplish this ?

Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need more steps, you can always have the LKP call a DSM to get more keys in there.

But a better choice would be to check to see if there is a discrete code that gets you to the Aud 6 2 2 2 2 2 .

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no discrete code on the OEM remote, it's a series of "input" "down" "OK" ETC. which is what the "6" "2" "3" numbers represent from an RM upgrade I did.

I've never used a DSM that I can remember, I'll look into that.

Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because there is no discrete on the remote doesn't mean there isn't one. Post the model of your device and we may be able to find discretes for you.

If it turns out you need the 18 steps after all, just remember that macros can call other macros, so you can just call one after another. A DSM is a device specific macro, but a regular global macro will work just as well, if that's easier to understand.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need not use a DSM. Just create a secondary macro on - say - 'x-shift PIP Move" (any unused "phantom" button will do) which executes:
Phantom3
Phantom3
Phantom3

and modify your original LKP side to:
AUD
Phantom3
Phantom3
Phantom3
Phantom3
Phantom3
x-shift PIP Move

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap'n, That's the type of solution I was hoping for. But, I'm not understanding the "any unused phantom button part", can you please explain ? I tried to make a new macro and then call that upon a LKP of the CBL key but so far have been unsuccessful.

I uploaded my current IR file for this remote HERE

mdavej, my OEM remote is a JP1.2 but has no pins, just pads and since I do not like the layout of it I didn't want to take time to open it up and add pins or anything. It looks just like THIS ONE except mine has "Polaroid" label on it and it is not backlit.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original remote is not important. What is the model number of the device you are trying to control? From your file it looks like a polariod tv, but I don't know what model.

Looking at your file, you don't have any LKP macros on the CBL button, only on 1 and 2. Also 10 is a very long duration. I find 2 is usually plenty. I don't see any key moves for the any of the buttons you're using either (except phantom3). I don't see any calls to other macros. All I see are a couple of LKP macros for a couple of favorite channels, which inexplicably are full of xshifts (extreme shift cloaking?). Are you sure you posted the right file?

In any case, all you need to do is make a LKP macro on any button that has PIP Move (one of your input switching macros). Then call that from your CBL macro. If you run out of steps, just make another macro with the rest of the steps and call it.

HERE's an old file of mine with lots of LKPs. The macro for the device key sets all the key groups then calls the LKP macro. You can have your LKP macro call other macros as well.

Another thing I like to do is put my pause macros on the actual pause button (or shifted pause) to make my macros more readable.
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
The original remote is not important. What is the model number of the device you are trying to control? From your file it looks like a polariod tv, but I don't know what model.

It is a Polaroid TV, model #FLM-2601 seen HERE

mdavej wrote:

Looking at your file, you don't have any LKP macros on the CBL button, only on 1 and 2. Also 10 is a very long duration. I find 2 is usually plenty. I don't see any key moves for the any of the buttons you're using either (except phantom3). I don't see any calls to other macros. All I see are a couple of LKP macros for a couple of favorite channels, which inexplicably are full of xshifts (extreme shift cloaking?). Are you sure you posted the right file?

I don't have any LKP's on the CBL in that file because I didn't get it to work and so didn't save my attempts. I did have the duration at 5 but experimented with 10. The other LKP's are full of xshifts because as I stated in another post, without those the remote seemed to loop endlessly. These were added per a post by Vicky and work fine. In fact, everything works just the way I want except for changing some of my macros on the PIP buttons to LKP's. I don't know why I need any keymoves since the macros work ? Yes, that's the right file.

mdavej wrote:

In any case, all you need to do is make a LKP macro on any button that has PIP Move (one of your input switching macros). Then call that from your CBL macro. If you run out of steps, just make another macro with the rest of the steps and call it.

I think that's what the cap'n said and that's what I'm trying to do.

mdavej wrote:

HERE's an old file of mine with lots of LKPs. The macro for the device key sets all the key groups then calls the LKP macro. You can have your LKP macro call other macros as well.

Thanks for linking that, I'll d/l'd it and examine it.

mdavej wrote:

Another thing I like to do is put my pause macros on the actual pause button (or shifted pause) to make my macros more readable.

Not sure I follow, I'll look at what you have done and see if I can learn from that.

Thanks for the help, any guidance is appreciated,

Sam
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh... so the xshifts are for shift cloaking. Yes, you would have endless loops without them, but I've never seen xshifts used for shift cloaking, only regular shifts. So I just learned something.

Regarding pause, if you just assign your pause macro to the pause button instead of the phantom3 button. Then all your macros will read pause instead of phantom3. I don't remember if I have any pauses in my example or not. Anyway, it's just for readability. It won't change the function at all.

HERE's an upgrade for your tv. Unfortunately it doesn't have any discrete input codes. However, there could be a quicker way to select inputs. On some tv's CH+ or CH- will go to the tuner input. Pressing Input from there, it would always be a fixed number of Ups/Downs to get to a different input. If the desired input is at the bottom, try Ups instead and see if it wraps around to the bottom. Alternately the TV/PC command may also get you to a known starting point.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Ahh... so the xshifts are for shift cloaking. Yes, you would have endless loops without them, but I've never seen xshifts used for shift cloaking, only regular shifts. So I just learned something.

Acutally that has to be specially coded in an extender. Most extenders don't allow xshift to be used for shift cloaking.

Normally plain shift cloaking is available with or without an extender.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The atlas extender (if I remember correctly, I don't have the code in front of me) will cloak on a shift or xshift since it looks to see if there is something bound to the key on shift/xshift and if not it strips off the shift bits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: