JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Epson PowerLite EMP-835 Projector
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested the emp835 this morning and the power key looks just like the original power key. So it looks like you've reduced the protocol size by 30%. Your solution is elegant.

I haven't checked all the hex to make sure it matches the binary, but that's not your problem area, so as long as you worked from the binary instead of one of my earlier KM sheets where I had some errors, this should be good to go.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, are you still here? If so, did you get a chance to test the new, reduced size, upgrade that I made for your projector?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8891
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John I've also created an Epson EMP710 upgrade that has the arrow keys for the EMP710, EMP820. You might want to try those keys to see if your projector can use that upgrade even though its a different protocol.

Epson 710

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
John S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
John, are you still here? If so, did you get a chance to test the new, reduced size, upgrade that I made for your projector?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8891

Yes Rob, I'm still here. Very Happy

I wasn't sure if my input was still required or not.

The smaller upgrade works for all the same functions that I have been able to test in the other upgrade except for the E-zoom+ and E-zoom- functions.

These functions are supposed to zoom incrementally on a selected portion of the display, one zoom step per execution.

The E-zoom- function does not appear to do anything at all. The E-zoom+ function sends the projector haywire. When pressed the projector starts to zoom in but doesn't stop until it reaches maximum and then either no other functions work at all or other functions exhibit random behaviour until I power cycle the projector. After that everything works again, as long as I don't press the E-zoom+ button.

Thanks for chasing me up as I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be doing anything.
John S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
John I've also created an Epson EMP710 upgrade that has the arrow keys for the EMP710, EMP820. You might want to try those keys to see if your projector can use that upgrade even though its a different protocol.

Epson 710

Tried this one out too but no joy unfortunately. Can't get any response from the projector with any of the functions in this upgrade.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I tried emailing the dude who posted the ccf at Remote Central as well but unfortunately didn't get a reply.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback John, I'll look into the Zoom buttons to see if I can figure out what's going on.

I don't think we expected the 710 upgrade to work for you, we were just curious to see if your projector responded to more than one codeset.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: