JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivanco Universal Controller UR14

View previous topic :: View next topic  
G-S-E

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Vivanco Universal Controller UR14 Reply with quote

Hello.
Immediately apologize for my bad English - I used Google translator.
I have a broken remote control from the Amino 110 STB. I bought a Vivanco Universal Controller UR14 (14 in 1) (the company produces AIFA TECH entitled UR14-2753 (like ST-01E http://www.aifa.com.tw/aifa/product_intro.asp?kind=TV%20Universal%3Cbr%3E%A1@%20Remote%20Control&id=87), as written on the PCB), which has a learning function with signals from other remotes. Remote has no code for the settings on Amino 110, amino 110 control is only possible through the learning function using the original remote. I tried to teach UR14 remote control Amino 110, but not all buttons can be used. For example, the button "Select", "Left" and a few can not adopt. Key codes are stored in 24LC16B IC (MicroChip). I read this thread http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5512&highlight=pid01ff
But could not yet understand how to solve this problem. Please help me answer the following questions:
1. some brands still use this or a similar protocol? Maybe I can change the contents of EEPROM for the brand and use the remote to control the Amino.
2. Someone update this universal remote?
3. Can I modify this remote and use it with a program RemoteMaster?
If successful I will write about the results in this thread.
Thank you for your help!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GSE, I don't think we can help you here. The universal remote that you bought is not one that we can help you program.

If you buy a "One For All" remote that is upgradeable using WAV files, or you also buy a JP1 cable, we will be able to help you control the Amino.
G-S-E

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. Perhaps you can tell which manufacturer the TV or even other uses Manchester coding, and 4 bytes of data in the package? Amino packet format presented here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5512&highlight=pid01ff
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-S-E wrote:
Thank you for your reply. Perhaps you can tell which manufacturer the TV or even other uses Manchester coding, and 4 bytes of data in the package? Amino packet format presented here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5512&highlight=pid01ff

Google's translator is not doing a best job on this.

The Amino code is for a Set Top Box, not a TV.

I think you want to what other codes to try from the Vivanco Universal Control. You might want to try codes listed for Myrio, Sejin, or i3micro but those probably will not work either.

We don't know how to make this work with a Vivanco remote. We only know how to make this work with OneForAll Remote controls or other remotes manufacured by UEI.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: