JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ExpressVu/Dish signal duration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poet99

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: ExpressVu/Dish signal duration Reply with quote

I was finally able to solder the six pin JP1 header in my URC-6800 and my JP1 cable works well.

With the 7800ex2 extender and upgrades for my devices, I am able to get pretty much what I want, except for one thing. My 2700 ExpressVu SAT receiver does not power on with my power on macro. Now this is obviously a signal duration problem in the macro, as I have no other duration problems with the 0775 setup code (1775-Dishplayer(old)).

After reading some of the posts on this, I tried a few things to get a longer signal duration, which did not work. I created an upgrade for my receiver with the Device Combiner using the Echostar 4900 Dev Combo file found at Yahoo JP1. I created the upgrade, then copied the code in IR. I did not load the protocol, since it was already loaded from my TV upgrade. After loading the IR file in my remote, the SAT mode does not command the SAT receiver, but some TV functions.

Any ideas? I am not sure I have the expertise to modify the Displayer(old) protocol myself...

Thanks in advance

François
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: ExpressVu/Dish signal duration Reply with quote

poet99 wrote:
I did not load the protocol, since it was already loaded from my TV upgrade.

With the DC, there can only be ONE copy of the protocol code in the remote. You can use multiple device upgrades that call it, but this requires that you create a "master" DC (protocol code) containing all the PID's and Fixed Data for EACH device you want it to control. If you didn't add the Sat's details to it, that would explain why it isn't working.
poet99

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

How to create a master DC, then? Are there instructions somewhere?
kenyarnall

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poet99 wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

How to create a master DC, then? Are there instructions somewhere?

I just asked a related question over in the general forum, and got an excellent, detailed reply from johnsfine. Search for the thread "Loading multiple copies of a protocol?"

Ken
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poet99 wrote:
Are there instructions somewhere?

There currently aren't any instructions (but I'm working on it since this question comes up often). The easiest way for you to do this is as follows.
  • Make note of the PID and Fixed Data that your Sat upgrade uses (based on the "real" protocol, not the DC protocol).
  • Open your TV's KM file (which is already based on the DC).
  • Add the PID and Fixed Data from your Sat upgrade to the DC table and make note of the DC ID# (likely to be "1" if it's the 2nd device in the table).
  • Save the file (this will become your DC MASTER protocol), then copy the Protocol Code and paste it into IR, replacing the DC code that's already there.
  • Next, open your Sat upgrade file and change the selected Protocol to Device Combiner (if it's not already).
  • On the Functions sheet, enter the NEW DC ID# from the DC MASTER and the appropriate duration number in the byte2 column.
  • Save this file, and copy the Device Upgrade Code to IR, replacing the upgrade code that's alredy there. IGNORE the Protocol Code, since you're using the MASTER code from the TV's upgrade
You now have TWO independent upgrades sharing ONE DC MASTER protocol.
poet99

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Very Happy

Thank you!

François
poet99

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YESSSS!!! It works!

Thank you!

François
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: