JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR/IR.exe feature request - importing XML files
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Give v1.99c-preview2 a try.

It wouldn't open the xml file from contained in the here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8728

I tried "file | open" but the only file filters available were "RemoteMaster device upgrade files", "KeyMapmaster device upgrade files", and "All device upgrade files". I had to put in a wildcard to see the file and when I opened the error syntax displayed, "Import failure: The upgrade you are trying to import is not valid! It does not contain a value for Remote.name"

Also, I put Rob's RDF file into my RDF folder, but when I selected the remote, "XML Slingbox Learns", the error message, "Unsupported Device Type: Remote "XML Learns" does not support the device type Cable. Please select one of the supported device types below to use instead". Unfortunately, the drop box selection are empty and pressing okay or cancel puts me into a error message loop. Requiring me to force quit the process.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, I just realized you've coded it for RMIR not RM.

Looks like it works to me. Here's some screenshots for proof it happened.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's something that's odd, this is "ENTER" whose protocol comes up as "** None **"

If you juxtapose it with a manual import with DecodeIR, it didn't show the other protocols.

This is the line in question.

Quote:
<learntremotekey code="19" name="Enter" command="13105000D10A0112500D117308BF0112039501120347
00C303A3009C03CD007503BC0112011A00B6017600D1011A32173
377777777330E32" dataLength="83" isTested="true ">
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the key to the problem with Enter is that red text in your last image, which means that the signal is malformed. IR.exe attempts to interpret it as best it can, RMIR ignores it.

I understand from what you have quoted that this is a learned signal. Please try re-learning it and see if it then shows correctly.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks good. I will give it a proper test when the betaremotes site gets fixed.

Al
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I think the key to the problem with Enter is that red text in your last image, which means that the signal is malformed. IR.exe attempts to interpret it as best it can, RMIR ignores it.

I understand from what you have quoted that this is a learned signal. Please try re-learning it and see if it then shows correctly.

That won't be possible. Unfortunately, the user has since moved on and is using a different set-top box. They had however admitted that the remote was working for them for a few months prior to bringing it to our attention. In fact, she had tested them using the Betaremotes wizard which is why "isTested=" was flagged as "true" instead of "false".

That lead me to believe the NEC one was correct if IR.exe had decoded multiple protocols. The secondary protocol was probably picked up due to a dirty read. In fact, if we look carefully that "OK" and "Enter" are using the same codes. She had confirmed this to be the same in functionality.

This brings me to my next request. Would it be too much to ask for the "isTested=" flag to somehow represented here? Perhaps in the MISC section, or maybe appending an asterisk to the name within the "Notes" column if it is false. That would help us communicate more effectively if the user is experiencing problems with particular buttons.

Also, is there a way to export these learns into RM? I tried using the "file | save as..." option but it would only save as a *.rmir file regardless of the file type selection.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:

This brings me to my next request. Would it be too much to ask for the "isTested=" flag to somehow represented here? Perhaps in the MISC section, or maybe appending an asterisk to the name within the "Notes" column if it is false. That would help us communicate more effectively if the user is experiencing problems with particular buttons.

I can certainly add "tested" or "untested" to the Notes column

Quote:
Also, is there a way to export these learns into RM? I tried using the "file | save as..." option but it would only save as a *.rmir file regardless of the file type selection.
Not today. But see http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=87759#87759
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks for the feedback!

Okay, did a little more testing with another xml file. This one was provided to confirm the IR codes from the physical remote with the ones which were used for Dreambox bin files which Alan Richey created. And, with a great deal of effort on his part was finally verified.

Same symptom, IR.exe is able to partially decode the "Record" codes whereas RMIR ignores it.

And here's a link https://secure.sling.com/irservices/rest/v1/learntremote/03de0c6f-b508-43f9-b7ef-fb1d3ff70d48.xml to the xml file in case any wants to review it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not in anyway coercing anyone to resolve the inconsistencies between IR and RMIR. This is a little bit fun for me. It's sort of like mental comfort food. Nostalgia, if you will. Brings me back to a time when I was in my teens working as Quality Assurance Tester for Sega and submitting bug reports.

Btw, is it coincidental that the malformed reads which results in either multiple protocols or none are of greater length than the standard reads?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

v2.00-previe1 allows multicell selection and copy to clipboard in most table, including the Learned Signals table.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Greg, this is looking REALLY good now.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
I'm not in anyway coercing anyone to resolve the inconsistencies between IR and RMIR.

Nevertheless, I will look into it.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
Not today. But see http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=87759#87759

I have been playing with this a little - mostly learning my way around the code. I am currently implementing this:

- When you click on a line, a new button becomes active 'Add to Upgrade' at the bottom. (this is in fact as far as I have gotten Very Happy)

- This brings up a list box with 'New Upgrade' and an option, plus any existing upgrade with matching protocol/protocol config. 'New Upgrade' would prompt for a new name and do it's best to create an upgrade with the right protocol/protocol configuration.

Does this seems like a reasonable way to go? Or should I pursue doing everything with a right-click context menu instead?

xnappo
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think needing to do things one button at a time could become quite tedious. I would think that the best way to go would be to be able to select a bunch of buttons and then have them become "functions" in RM ready to be part of a new upgrade. The trick will be figuring out how to deal with buttons that use different protocols that really shouldn't be part of a single upgrade.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I think needing to do things one button at a time could become quite tedious. I would think that the best way to go would be to be able to select a bunch of buttons and then have them become "functions" in RM ready to be part of a new upgrade. The trick will be figuring out how to deal with buttons that use different protocols that really shouldn't be part of a single upgrade.

Yes, you would be able to select multiple lines, but only if the protocols/info matched in the selection. This will not support 'complex' situations(at least initially) - but it will still provide a decent starting point for those (like devices that use multiple configs of a protocol)

xnappo
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Nevertheless, I will look into it.

Thanks, I do appreciate it!

gfb107 wrote:
v2.00-previe1 allows multicell selection and copy to clipboard in most table, including the Learned Signals table.

I seem to having problem with this version.

If I open the "Lexus" file, https://secure.sling.com/irservices/rest/v1/learntremote/29a614a1-b5e0-4158-a295-20df7cc15755.xml, then nothing happens. There's no data propagated in either the "General" or "Learned Signals" tabs.

If I open the "Dreambox" file, https://secure.sling.com/irservices/rest/v1/learntremote/03de0c6f-b508-43f9-b7ef-fb1d3ff70d48.xml, then only the "General" tab is propagated with data while the "Learned Signals" tab remains blank.

I retested both of these files with v1.99c-preview2 and they opened as expected. Any ideas or suggestions for v2.00-previe1?

xnappo wrote:
Yes, you would be able to select multiple lines, but only if the protocols/info matched in the selection. This will not support 'complex' situations(at least initially) - but it will still provide a decent starting point for those (like devices that use multiple configs of a protocol)

Please excuse my naivety but with v1.99c-preview2, I noticed that I can highlight any of the learned codes and select "Delete", "Up", and "Down" and they function intuitively. However, it seems that "Edit", "New", and "Clone" only allow me to view a more detailed window. I wonder if there's away to delete one or more of the protocols which are listed under decodes for the learned signals with multiple protocols from the edit window?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
I wonder if there's a way to delete one or more of the protocols which are listed under decodes for the learned signals with multiple protocols from the edit window?

If I understand your question correctly, then you misunderstand the meaning of multiple protocols showing for a single learned signal. I take it that you are talking about cases like your screenshots above that show two protocols, eg NEC and Gap. The signal doesn't actually contain multiple protocols. They occur because the decoder, DecodeIR.dll, cannot determine which protocol is correct. It sees the patterns of more than one protocol within the learned signal. So it does not make sense to ask to delete any of the protocols - they are not actually there.

If I misunderstand your question, please ask again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: