JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elusive EFC, Aiwa receiver "Jog" function, any ide
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Elusive EFC, Aiwa receiver "Jog" function, any ide Reply with quote

Hello all,

First thanks for any help on this frustrating issue.

I am trying to find the EFCs for an Aiwa receiver, model AV-NW31U,

1) "Multi Jog", (or "Jog +/- on the OEM remote) that is needed to change many items. This function is similar to a "Select" or "function" command.

2) "DSP" (the true DSP function, Currently the entered EFC for DSP only changes the signal input (digital-analog))

The equipment is as follows:

-Kameleon (URC) remote URC9960B01
-Aiwa receiver AV-NW31U
-Currently using set up code 1388 to control device
-Do not have the original remote
-No JP1 capability (cable or programming)

The set up code contained very few actual commands the receiver would take. I've added some EFCs already for function, digital/analog input, etc.

I've scoured everywhere for these EFCs, but to no avail. Any help is very much appreciated.

Also, I did notice some strange signals while setting up this receiever. For instance, when I pressed "1" (trying to test radio presets), the command turned on my Sony receiver and set it to "Tape" function...??? There were other commands that the Sony receiver seemed to take from the Aiwa commands as well.

Thanks again for any help here.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try these EFCs

15656 = DSP
16842 = UP
16690 = Down

If those work, you find more missing codes in this file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=59

To view it, open it using the RM program and then switch the selected remote to your remote (ie, the URC-9960B01) so that you can see the 5-digit EFC codes.
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Try these EFCs

15656 = DSP
16842 = UP
16690 = Down

If those work, you find more missing codes in this file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=59

To view it, open it using the RM program and then switch the selected remote to your remote (ie, the URC-9960B01) so that you can see the 5-digit EFC codes.

Thanks Robman!

The DSP code worked well; the other Up/Dwn codes turned out to be the tuning functions.

Thank you for the file, this is helpful. I will try to open up the file and review for other codes. I have had a problem installing the RM program in the past, not sure what the problem centers around. I'll try again...as I also plan to set up Atlas OCAP remotes to this system as well.

Thanks! I'm getting there!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't get RM to run, try using KM instead (if you have Excel).
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also please report, with a reasonable amount of detail, what issues you have getting RM to run. I can't do anything about it if I don't know there's a problem.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Also please report, with a reasonable amount of detail, what issues you have getting RM to run. I can't do anything about it if I don't know there's a problem.

Thanks for the help here.

This is where I am as of today:

1) I was able to download RM.v1.98-XMP, and install, I believe. What I open is called Remote Control Programmer, is this correct?

2) I did download the Maps into a separate file folder.

3) I believe I have also downloaded the RDF files.

In short I am trying to follow the instructions as published in the beginner's forum. I'm not sure why this is not working!

First, I do not have a remote connected to this program (as I do not have a JP1 cable). Right now I am trying to use the EFC decoder function for the above file that Robman attached.

I believe my problem is that I do not have these files associated correctly, or the path mapped correctly. I do keep getting the error message "No IR files found".

I was able to open the Remote Control Manager, when in the program, I tried to open the above file I receieve the error message "Invalid charachter input"....

I apologize for the above sloppy description, but I hope this helps detail the issue I seem to be having.

Thanks,
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If you can't get RM to run, try using KM instead (if you have Excel).

I downloaded and opened the KM file, and it seems to work well.

I'm still going to work on the RM file!

Thanks Robman,
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you are opening the program called IR.exe, rather than RemoteMaster. IR.exe Help\About shows Remote Control Programmer with a version of 8.03 (or similar). Remote Master Help\About shows RemoteMaster Device Upgrade Editor with version number 1.99 (or similar). Since you don't have an interface cable, there is little reason for you to open IR, wcich is primarily used to download and upload data to remotes.

I download RM into a directory (I'll call it RMdir here), and then open Windows Explorer and navigate to RMdir. Then I click on RemoteMaster.jar, which will start the RM. The first time the program is started, it will ask you for the path to the maps and images, and then to the RDF files. Note that you need all RDF files, not just the ones for your own remotes.

Of course there are a number of other ways to start RM, but this way allows me to be sure that I'm running the expected version.
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Ah, you are opening the program called IR.exe, rather than RemoteMaster. IR.exe Help\About shows Remote Control Programmer with a version of 8.03 (or similar). Remote Master Help\About shows RemoteMaster Device Upgrade Editor with version number 1.99 (or similar). Since you don't have an interface cable, there is little reason for you to open IR, wcich is primarily used to download and upload data to remotes.

I download RM into a directory (I'll call it RMdir here), and then open Windows Explorer and navigate to RMdir. Then I click on RemoteMaster.jar, which will start the RM. The first time the program is started, it will ask you for the path to the maps and images, and then to the RDF files. Note that you need all RDF files, not just the ones for your own remotes.

Of course there are a number of other ways to start RM, but this way allows me to be sure that I'm running the expected version.

Thanks 3FG, I'll try it!
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
....I download RM into a directory (I'll call it RMdir here), and then open Windows Explorer and navigate to RMdir. Then I click on RemoteMaster.jar, which will start the RM. The first time the program is started, it will ask you for the path to the maps and images, and then to the RDF files. Note that you need all RDF files, not just the ones for your own remotes.

It worked! Thanks!

Hopefully no more bugging you for EFCs!!
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, thank you to all of you for your help on these codes. I think I'm out of luck, as I checked the Aiwa AV-DV75 receiver, and it looks like the remote did not have these functions. It looks like the EFCs Robman provided should have worked, but something is missing.

Any chance I could find a file in the "yahoo groups" that are often mentioned? Or, is it a case of, "if it's not on this site, it probably doesn't exist"?

Thanks again, at least I'm into the RM program now!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've already copied all the Yahoo device upgrades over here, so there's no point in looking there. I created the Aiwa AV-DV75 file as I used to have that receiver, but I never had the original remote, so I compiled the list of EFCs by trial and error. Therefore it's possible I missed some, but I just checked a DV75 file at Remote Central and it didn't have any jog codes either.

The AV-DV75 uses 3 different device codes: 120, 121 and 111. There are 256 possible EFCs per device code, which means there are 768 possible EFCs. If you're willing to do some work, you could compile a list of all the EFCs that have not yet been accounted for, to see if you can find the code you need that way. You could use RM or KM to generate the EFCs for you.
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
We've already copied all the Yahoo device upgrades over here, so there's no point in looking there. I created the Aiwa AV-DV75 file as I used to have that receiver, but I never had the original remote, so I compiled the list of EFCs by trial and error. Therefore it's possible I missed some, but I just checked a DV75 file at Remote Central and it didn't have any jog codes either.

The AV-DV75 uses 3 different device codes: 120, 121 and 111. There are 256 possible EFCs per device code, which means there are 768 possible EFCs. If you're willing to do some work, you could compile a list of all the EFCs that have not yet been accounted for, to see if you can find the code you need that way. You could use RM or KM to generate the EFCs for you.

Thanks Robman,

I may try to search out the missing codes by trial and error also. I may also try some Sony codes. I have this receiver near a Sony receiver, and I noticed one or the other reacting to codes meant for the other!

I have a Harmony 659 I tried to use to seek out functions on this Aiwa, and noticed very limited functions in the database.

Thanks again,

I'm enjoying the KM & RM programs too! Time to get the cable!
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Aiwa "Jog" function codes Reply with quote

In case anyone else is looking for these "Multi Jog" functions for an Aiwa receiver; I was given codes on another forum that I managed to make work. See link below:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?5627

P.S. The codes are: (using set up code 1405 on an Atlas OCAP)

"Jog Up": 33410

"Jog Down": 33346

Note: these codes operate the "Jog" function for the DSP mode, but do not seem to work for the tuner presets, as the dial does on the receiver. If I find these codes I will post them as well.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, I plugged those codes into RM to see what they translate into and they both use device code 111. Here are the OBCs:

29 Jog Up
30 Jog Down

I have added them to the DV75 file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: