JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujitsu 42" Plasma Display P42HHA30AS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,
Would it be safer for me just to download and install the latest revision of RM from RM_link and the rmdu upgrade that you uploaded in the third post in this thread: Upgrade_link ? If I use them together, wouldn't that be all I need?

My concern is as follows:
The RM_link takes you to a sourceforge, and the latest RM revision there at this moment is 1.99b, which is dated (important!) 26-th of July 2010.
The Upgrade_link is dated 31-st of July, which kinda suggests that there were no RM up-revs after you uploaded this Fujitsu upgrade.

How is this consistent with your statement:
Quote:
I've gone through so many changes of RM versions since this post

Sorry, didn't mean to be a pain in the butt. Just trying to figure out which combination of RM and upgrade will work for me... :-)))
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DS,
Vicky mentioned something a while back (on page 1) that the last two bytes of fixed data was being generated in the wrong order.
vickyg2003 wrote:
The fixed data out of RM is in the wrong order. If you change FF and DE are reversed. If you switch them into this order when you paste it into IR, it will send the signals we are looking for.

03 D7 39 FF DE

The hex she quoted is the good hex. If you are seeing "03 D7 39 DE FF" it's the bad hex.

The very latest RM (version 2.00 preview 7) is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8950

The upgrade that you want to try is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8717
digital_silence

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks Rob.

I will try this upgrade with this RM.

That may take a little while, as the TV is now at one of my mates' place (he needed a TV badly :-), but I promise I will report back here as soon as I get around to driving to his place and trying the upgrade.

Currently he is using the remote I programmed for him with those "simulated learns".

So, don't close this thread as yet... I'll post here soon.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final (hopefully) update:

It's all good - tried the upgrade yesterday created with the combination of the two links from Rob's post just above, and it worked fine. So, byte swapping in RM2 fixed the protocol, as expected.

Thanks again to everyone involved - the thread could now be closed.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the subject (sort of), have you switched over to digital TV in Aus yet? As you may have heard, as of last year all of our analog TV stations have gone the way of the dinosaurs, so it's all digital now.

As a result, we can pick up tube TVs really cheaply now in thrift stores, etc. I picked up a Panasonic TV on Saturday for $30 that I'm using as a temporary replacement while I fix my main TV, and I picked one up a Daewoo TV for the kids to use as an Xbox TV a few weeks back for $20.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digital brodcast started here in 2001 and the switchover is still in progress - they have already shut down the analogue service completely in some areas (like Mildura), but for the major cities it's going to be around until late 2012 - early 2013.

To your comment about CRT TVs, Rob:
For a long time after they hit the market, even the LCDs and Plasmas had only analogue in-built tuner (even though they were advertised as "digital TV ready") - people had to buy a separate digital STB. So, from that point of view, there's not much difference between CRTs and older model of LCD/Plasma.
But yes, you're right: CRTs are now a dozen a dime - I have personally given away three or four beautiful Sony 29"-ers recently. No demand...

However... guess what? My main TV is still CRT (Panasonic 34"), and my home PC monitor is still 21" CRT - to me, that's out of question that CRTs have far more superior picture to LCDs and Plasmas.

Luckily, I have Service Manuals for both items, so I am hanging by the old technology for as long as I can... (newer != better)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of our sets are still CRTs, we don't have any plasmas, LCDs or even rear projection (which I never liked). I'm in the process of fixing my main CRT (a Toshiba CZ32V51 - see my other thread) which I hope to have back in service pretty soon.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are the man, Rob.
(Nerds will be nerds... :)

I've also replied in your TV topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: