JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Protocol Builder Flags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Protocol Builder Flags Reply with quote

I've been working on an Epson EMP710 in protocol builder. SC38+

The approach I was using on the Epson EMP835 didn't work with the Epson EMP710. It crashed the remote, before it actually got to the protocol so I decided to use the pd registers the way that protocol builder would set them up.

Device 4, 8 bit
Command 2, 8 8

My protocol was sending out really really weird signals, so I just did a jp xmitir to see the data in the buffer.

I've got a weird problem.

Instead of my expected 48 bump graph, I've got a 47 bump graph. One of the bumps is double wide. This happens to be the only place in the data where there are two ones in a row, 11. So when a 11 is encountered the time off is ommitted.

So we know what flag this would be?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a bi-phase signal, you can't do a double wide bump via the IR engine, the signal would need to be generated manually.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If it's a bi-phase signal, you can't do a double wide bump via the IR engine, the signal would need to be generated manually.

Its not supposed to be a bi-phase signal, its supposed to be a a quad. Things were not going as planned. So I treated it like a regular binary to see what was in the dcbuff, and I see the 11 being shown as a double wide time on.

At this point its academic, since my interface decided it was tired of my uploads (over 100 yesterday), and is no longer talking to my remotes. Idea I suppose I can switch over to a SC38+ parallel remote.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't do quads thru the IR engine, so whatever you would get thru the engine is dependent on how you had things set up in the front page of PB.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
You can't do quads thru the IR engine, so whatever you would get thru the engine is dependent on how you had things set up in the front page of PB.

Yes I know I can't get quads through the S3c8+ engine, the HCS08 handles this kind of quad just fine. With the other Epson Quad putting the pairs in worked fine, but this one seems to have data that screws with the Presetup where the remote loads the dcbuff. So I had to undo it, and then I got this really screwwy output, probably a typo somewhere. So I wanted to see what was in the buffer, so instead of doing my by custom quad routine, I sent it through as just a binary, so I could see that everything was in the buffer the way I expected it to be. Instead of seeing the binary, the double 11's were showing up as one big bump on the graph.

If this doesn't ring any bells with you, then I'll just keep looking. However I am really bummed that my interface decided to take a leave of its senses on a three day weekend, so I can't even get one started in the mail until Tuesday or later. Bummer!

mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Its not supposed to be a bi-phase signal, its supposed to be a a quad. Things were not going as planned. So I treated it like a regular binary to see what was in the dcbuff, and I see the 11 being shown as a double wide time on.
I understand that all you wanted was to dump out the DCBUFF contents via JP XMITIR, but it sounds like some other flag in the header has you set in a bi-phase mode. Even so, this still accomplishes what you set out to do, it just makes interpreting the results a little harder because you have to put on your bi-phase decoding hat. Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: