JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Right Extender File for URC-8810B00

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jorge2k

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: The Right Extender File for URC-8810B00 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

It has been a while since i posted a question. I have been using a
URC-8810B00 for more than 5 years.
I have not had the need for an extender, since my needs were very simple. Now i am ready to add an extender.

My first question is what is my true remote's type that i need to choose from IR?:

Question URC-881x_801x_601x (6_806_80)
Question URC-881x_801x_601x 1k (6_806_80)
Question URC-881x_801x_601x x2 2k (6_80_2x2)
Question URC-881x_801x_601x x3 2k (6_80_2x3)
Question URC-881x_801x_601x x3 8k$1815 (6_80_8x3)

I have been choosing randomly from the first three options when creating a device upgrade to my remote and never had a problem (that i may be aware of), but maybe I'm screwing things Exclamation Exclamation by not choosing the right one.

Second question:

What extender do i have to choose? Embarassed
i have been reading and found this one as a good candidate:

6012ex1_2.zip from this post:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1439

am i choosing the correct extender? Rolling Eyes

regards

jorge2k
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When in doubt choose the latest one. This one was unclear to me too when I was a newbie. There is a lot of labeling that I don't quite understand and the files were all ported over from yahoo at the same time so the date isn't a clue. Also there is some variation because you could swap out the EEProm for a bigger one. I didn't do that, did you?

I can tell you though that you are looking at version 1.2 and I am using version 3.3

Quote:

Version 3.3
URC-881x/801x/601x Extender 3.3. KeyMoves/macros on any key, fast/nested macros, flexible device selection, manual step Fav list, configurable backlight timer, optional second shift key. ToadTog, Device Specific Macros, Pause, Device Multiplexer, LDKP special protocols included.
(lockup/backlight problems with some 881x remotes fixed)
Backlight behavior different from extender 2.

6012ex1_2.zip
6012ex2_4.zip
6012ex2_test.zip ?
6012ex1K3_2.zip
6012ex3_3.zip
6012ExtCC.zip ?
6011b_8k_1e0a.zip ?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The Rigth Extender File for URC-8810B00 Reply with quote

jorge2k wrote:
Hi guys,

It has been a while since i posted a question. I have been using a
URC-8810B00 for more than 5 years.
I have not had the need for an extender, since my needs were very simple. Now i am ready to add an extender.

My first question is what is my true remote's type that i need to choose from IR?:

Question URC-881x_801x_601x (6_806_80)
Question URC-881x_801x_601x 1k (6_806_80)
Question URC-881x_801x_601x x2 2k (6_80_2x2)
Question URC-881x_801x_601x x3 2k (6_80_2x3)
Question URC-881x_801x_601x x3 8k$1815 (6_80_8x3)

I have been choosing randomly from the first three options when creating a device upgrade to my remote and never had a problem (that i may be aware of), but maybe im screwing things Exclamation Exclamation by not choosing the right one.

In this family of remotes, there were many variations of EEPROM sizes (mostly due to JP1 hackers' installing variously sized EEPROMs) and most of the variations in RDFs address these various possibilities.

In general, the 1k, 2k, 4k and 8k in the RDF name refers to the EEPROM size, and for your remote, if you have not modified the EEPROM, then you likely have a 2k EEPROM (IIRC only the 6010 had a factory 1k EEPROM occasionally, and anything larger than 2k would have been installed by a hacker).

The "X2" or "X3" in the RDF refers to the extender version, so for the UNextended remote, you should not be using any RDF with an "X?" in it, and then for your extender setup, you need to read the readme's for the various versions, since this particular family of remotes has several extenders with varying functions, but ensure that you pick the extender RDF that matches your EEPROM size as well as the extender version.

So bottom line:
UNEXTENDED - you should be using the FIRST RDF in your list.
EXTENDED - I recommend extender 3, for the 2k EEPROM, which is the 4th one on your list.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
jorge2k

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When in doubt choose the latest one. This one was unclear to me too when I was a newbie. There is a lot of labeling that I don't quite understand and the files were all ported over from yahoo at the same time so the date isn't a clue. Also there is some variation because you could swap out the EEProm for a bigger one. I didn't do that, did you?

Thanks vickyg2003
I have never changed the EEPROM from this remote!
and i bought it directly from Walmart, so im pretty sure the hardware is the same!

Quote:
I can tell you though that you are looking at version 1.2 and I am using version 3.3

Oh!! I get it!! i wll use the version 3.3 then! thanks a lot!

Quote:
In general, the 1k, 2k, 4k and 8k in the RDF name refers to the EEPROM size, and for your remote, if you have not modified the EEPROM, then you likely have a 2k EEPROM (IIRC only the 6010 had a factory 1k EEPROM occasionally, and anything larger than 2k would have been installed by a hacker).

The "X2" or "X3" in the RDF refers to the extender version, so for the UNextended remote, you should not be using any RDF with an "X?" in it, and then for your extender setup, you need to read the readme's for the various versions, since this particular family of remotes has several extenders with varying functions, but ensure that you pick the extender RDF that matches your EEPROM size as well as the extender version.

Great explanation Capn Trips!! now I get it!!

I really appreciate your help!

jorge2k Idea Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: