JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HUMAX iHD-FOX C (KabelBW - Germany)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
After all, my milk shake brings all the boys to the yard. Totally don't know what that means but thought I'd throw it in there for funsees.

Shake it Earl...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=my%20milkshake%20brings%20all%20the%20boys%20to%20the%20yard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGL2rytTraA&ob=av2e
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Shake it Earl...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=my%20milkshake%20brings%20all%20the%20boys%20to%20the%20yard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGL2rytTraA&ob=av2e

Haha! That's awesome, "Damn right, it's better than yours."
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the official UEI upgrade...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10801
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Here's the official UEI upgrade...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10801

Used the JP1 tools to create the respective files from the aforementioned UEI upgrade.
BIN file Instructions.

Rob, question about this upgrade. I wonder if it is intentional for the notes to indicate, "CBL/2889 is the official UEI setup code" yet the setup code in the protocol parameters lists, "1889".
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that my upgrade is not working for the user.

I am amazed that UEI can send this signal with such a small protocol although they are using two byte EFC's to accomplish this. They just divided it up into equal timing bits and then each 1 was on, each 0 was off, and just transmitted the whole thing that way. So instead of converting a quad number into a timing pair, they would just use 0011 form -2+2. Very clever.
0011 =-2,+2
0001 = -3,+1
1000 = +1,3
1100 = +2,-2

on the other hand
we translated this to real binary and then did all the calculations.
0 = 00 to -2,+2
1 = 01 to -3,+1
2 = 10 to 1,+3
3 = 11 to +2,-2

I went back and checked and I can see that my upgrade doesn't toggle at the right frame, it should toggle at the first frame, and instead its sending a release frame like the keyboard protocol that I started it from. But for a sling user I wouldn't think that would matter because there is no "hold" so the signal should be releasing the key immediately, you'd only have two frames from the slingboxs, but this would be a problem for a regular remote user. I updated my files to correct the toggle frame to start at the second frame if the button is being held, but this wouldn't matter to the sling user.

Efrez, do the slingbox irblasters have a frequency rating? I believe that the frequency might be a problem. 56K is quite a high frequency.

Quote:
I wonder if it is intentional for the notes to indicate, "CBL/2889 is the official UEI setup code" yet the setup code in the protocol parameters lists, "1889".

Efrez, most remotes can't handle 2889 as a setup code, but the newer ones can, so we'd need to make it into a lower number to work on 99% of the Jp1 remotes.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Efrez, do the slingbox irblasters have a frequency rating? I believe that the frequency might be a problem. 56K is quite a high frequency.

Contrary to what you might think, I do not know the answer to that question. However, I do have the ability to record the output of the Slingbox. So, I used the JP1 tools to create the following file from the HUMAX iHD-FOX C (UEI) upgrade which Rob created.

vickyg2003 wrote:
Efrez, most remotes can't handle 2889 as a setup code, but the newer ones can, so we'd need to make it into a lower number to work on 99% of the Jp1 remotes.

Ahh, that makes sense since RM has a hard limit to 2047. I was thinking it could have been a typo in the notes section.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These learns are very close to the first learns that you did from a remote (not the Widget), but not identical. I wouldn't think the differences are significant, but we could try fiddling with the timing.
I would like to confirm whether these learns were taken with a remote, and if so is it the same remote used in the first learns.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
These learns are very close to the first learns that you did from a remote (not the Widget), but not identical. I wouldn't think the differences are significant, but we could try fiddling with the timing.
I would like to confirm whether these learns were taken with a remote, and if so is it the same remote used in the first learns.

The last set of learns were recorded using IR Scope & Widget from the IR Blaster of the Slingbox Pro-HD with the HUMAX iHD-FOX C (UEI) upgrade bin files installed.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The learns from the Harmony showed a frequency of 50KHz, while these show nearer to 56KHz. I'm pretty sure that the 50KHz number is an artifact of the way the Widget works, but since the new learns show 50KHz, it argues that the signals sent by the Harmony and the Slingbox are different, although maybe not by much.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
The learns from the Harmony showed a frequency of 50KHz, while these show nearer to 56KHz. I'm pretty sure that the 50KHz number is an artifact of the way the Widget works, but since the new learns show 50KHz, it argues that the signals sent by the Harmony and the Slingbox are different, although maybe not by much.

I'm guessing the third "50KHz" in your last statement was a typo and meant to be "56KHz" but all in all I'm not sure how it affects its compatibility. Other than having bnordman check the functionality of his IR blasters and to enlist others to test out the upgrade, is there anything else that I can do to help?

vickyg2003 wrote:
I updated my files to correct the toggle frame to start at the second frame if the button is being held, but this wouldn't matter to the sling user.

Does this mean turning your revised device upgrade into bin files would be a moot point? Or do you think there's a possibility for different results?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
Other than having bnordman check the functionality of his IR blasters and to enlist others to test out the upgrade, is there anything else that I can do to help?

Once we have bnordman's confiirmation that
1) the IRBlaster is actually working
2) there isn't any kind of repeater in the mix,
3) he has tried both the official and my upgrades,
then we can start tweaking the protocol to try and get it to match some learns, but which learns to match them to is the big question. We went through this with a drapery control a few months ago, and it was very frustrating. Now we have a situation with this remote and several different variations of the signal.

Quote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
I updated my files to correct the toggle frame to start at the second frame if the button is being held, but this wouldn't matter to the sling user.

Does this mean turning your revised device upgrade into bin files would be a moot point? Or do you think there's a possibility for different results?

No this would be moot. The slingbox is only going to do the two frames, the initial and the toggle. It was only going to be a problem with remotes where the first frame would repeat, until the button was released, which was incorrect.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, there were 2 additional functions in the UEI list:

29 Delete (58)
45 E-Mail (90)
bnordman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

Once we have bnordman's confiirmation that
1) the IRBlaster is actually working
2) there isn't any kind of repeater in the mix,
3) he has tried both the official and my upgrades,
then we can start tweaking the protocol to try and get it to match some learns, but which learns to match them to is the big question. We went through this with a drapery control a few months ago, and it was very frustrating. Now we have a situation with this remote and several different variations of the signal.

1) Yes they are working
2) Non that I know of
3) will do that again now[/quote]
bnordman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for 3)

I tested:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10802

No button performed any visible action at the Kabel (BW) cable box

I also tested:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10803

Same results, no reaction of the Slingbox.

Am I missing any files that I need to test?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnordman wrote:
for 3)

I tested:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10802

No button performed any visible action at the Kabel (BW) cable box

Okay, that one matches Rob's RMDU for the offical UEI upgrade which I then turned into a bin file.
bnordman wrote:
I also tested:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10803

Same results, no reaction of the Slingbox.

Am I missing any files that I need to test?

You could not have tested that file because its an ICT file from IR Scope. It is a recording of the IR Signals emitted by my Slingbox and is not compatible with Sling's tools. There's no way it would have uploaded into the Slingbox as the Setup Assistant does not have the capacity to input a filename.

The other two you would try were created by Vicky. Her original "Humax_with_quad_protocol.txt" KM file was transcribed into BIN files by me. However, her revised update replaced the KM file with a PB file named, "Humax_BiPhase_Quad.txt". I can't seem to get RM to work with it as the following syntax error is displayed, "The upgrade you are trying to import is not valid! It does not contain a value for Remote.name"

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: