JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCRP05B, Windows Media Center (DVD code 1972) and star key

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrf2027

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: RCRP05B, Windows Media Center (DVD code 1972) and star key Reply with quote

I'm using my RCRP05B with Media Center in Windows 7. All essential buttons, but one, are included in the built-in DVD code 1972. However, there is one key missing from the 1972 code set...the key is marked on the original WMC remote as *, but enters the "." for digital subchannels. I want to assign the dash key on the remote for this function. I've tried learning the button, and can use it after learning it, but when I then try to download from the remote using IR, I get an error trying to read the memory.

I know there has to be an EFC for this button, especially since the rest of the WMC functions work just fine...any suggestions?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at an upgrade from the file section and found the function

star EFC 170 OBC 29
# EFC 178 OBC 28

However this upgrade uses a different executor than the built in 1972 so these might not be the correct EFCs. Give them a try and let us know if they work.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
jrf2027

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That EFC worked perfectly - just had to edit it to 00170 for the RCRP05B. Thanks! I'll pull the upgrade and see what else I can add.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrf2027 wrote:
That EFC worked perfectly - just had to edit it to 00170 for the RCRP05B.
I'm glad you figured out it was a 5 digit efc, I should have put that in my post. Embarassed

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: