JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung LN32B360 LCD TV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slr_65

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Samsung LN32B360 LCD TV Reply with quote

1. Device: Samsung LN32B360 TV, Remote has BN59-00857A on it
2. Type of device: 32" LCD TV
3. Year: 2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Millenium 4
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? yes - would be willing to send out for read
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes TV/1060
10. Learning remote question? My remote can't learn

The 1060 codes kinda work - volume, channel work but numbers 4 - 0 don't, the up/down, etc. don't either.

Thanks!

Steve
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, one thing I've found with Samsung TV's is that the continually use the same codes.

Quote:
9. Partially working setup code? Yes TV/1060

When we ask #9, we are asking about the built in code that you are using. Since as far as I know, there is no TV/1060 built into the Milenium 4, I'm guessing that you found an upgrade and loaded it into your remote. My second guess is that you didn't change the remote in KM or RM to match your remote before you copied the upgrade. This can cause the keys to end up on the wrong place.

If you'll post the upgrade, and your IR file, we can see what went wrong.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
slr_65

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the quick reply! Very Happy

It's been a while since I played with JP1 - I just haven't bought anything new lately, so I'm a bit rusty . . . but it's coming back.

I seem to notice Samsun uses the same codes - but that's because they seem to do the same things on my tv.

You are correct, the 1060 was the code in the file I downloaded (in several of them actually).

I am using Remote Master and I DID change the remote to Millenium 4, and I verified the keys were where I wanted them.

I tried the Samsung LN32A650.rmdu, Samsung TV LCD Alec2.rmdu, Samsung CW-21Z573N TV.rmdu, and a couple others and I'm getting the same behavior each time.

They keys not being where they should be I can handle I would imagine - just make a list of what does what, but there are several that wont do anything.

I've done some digging on the net tonight hoping Samsung would use other manufactuer's codes or something, but so far I haven't found much.

Any help you can give would be much appreicated!

PS - I don't see the option to attach a file (so I can send an ir file)?

Thanks!

Steve
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PS - I don't see the option to attach a file (so I can send an ir file)?

Upload the files to the diagnosis area and then post LINKS in this thread so that we can find them.

Which Millenium 4 do you have? There are several models.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
slr_65

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll upload the files in a minute.

Here's the results I'm getting:

0: Shows "Not Available" On TV screen
1: OK
2: OK
3: OK
4: Volume Up
5: 7
6: 8
7: 9
8: Mute
9: Shows "Not Available" On TV screen
VOL+: OK
VOL-: OK
MUTE: OK
CH+: OK
CH-: OK
POWER: OK
Enter: Puts a dash in channel entry
Last: OK
FAV: OK
Guide: Nothing
Menu: Nothing
UP: Nothing
DOWN: Nothing
LEFT: Nothing
RIGHT: Nothing
OK/SELECT: Nothing
INFO: OK
EXIT: OK
PAGE+: (assigned to Tools) OK
PAGE-: (assigned to Return) OK
PPV/LOCK: (assigned to Picture Aspect Ratio) OK
F1/A(upper): (assigned to Source) OK
slr_65

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, files are at

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7609

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7611
slr_65

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the remote is a Millenium 4-B00
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the LookUP tool, (there is a link at the top of the page) and check for Samsung/TV you'll see a lot of alternatives for your arrow keys under the different Necx1 7.7 or Necx2 7.7 commands.

The old 0060 code uses EFC's 119,117,186,059 for the arrow keys.

As far as your numbers go, I'd like you to change the EFC for number 0 from 121 to 059, and see if that fixes numbers 1-9. If that does fix those numbers, then we have an error in the RDF on the numbers tables.

slr_65

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
As far as your numbers go, I'd like you to change the EFC for number 0 from 121 to 059, and see if that fixes numbers 1-9. If that does fix those numbers, then we have an error in the RDF on the numbers tables.

Yes! That did fix 1-9! Very Happy

0 used to put "Not Available" on the screen and now it moves the volume down.

I'll try the arrow fixes.

THANKS for taking the time to help!!!

Steve
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slr_65 wrote:
Quote:

Yes! That did fix 1-9! Very Happy

0 used to put "Not Available" on the screen and now it moves the volume down.

Steve that means that the number table in the RDF is bad. Someone might contact you via PM, to get the information necessary to fix this for future users. In the meantime you can do an EFC style keymove on the ZERO, restoring the efc to 121 and you'll have working numbers.

slr_65

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, key moving the 0 to restore it to 121 got the numbers working (all of them, including 0).

Thanks!

Now on to the arrow keys - the ones you suggested didn't work so it looks like I need to some searching.

Do they make a ir receiver thing I can plug into my pc to just read the original remote, or do I need to get a JP1 capable learning remote or something?

I'd like to be able to just read the original remotes as I don't change equipment often but when I do it seems I always have to go on the code easter egg hunt and it'd be worth a couple bucks to me to be able to by pass the hunt and just do a read & download.

Thanks!

Steve
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slr_65 wrote:
Do they make a ir receiver thing I can plug into my pc to just read the original remote, or do I need to get a JP1 capable learning remote or something?

I bought a widget from Tommy Tyler to do this. I love the widget. Its really a handy tool.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW: TV/1235 uses 166, 168, 037 and 170 for the arrow keys.

slr_65

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I'll have to make a suggestion for an xmas present for me this year!

The 1235 codes didn't work either . . . I guess start at 000 and work my way up? Very Happy
slr_65

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I decided to look for just the down arrow button. I went through all the nec1 & 2 codes listed in the lookup and I copied down every elc value Samsung has used and then tried them all (I loaded four at a time into up/down/left/right) I figured once I knew what worked I'd try the rest of the codes from whatever profile that value was from.

NONE worked! Evil or Very Mad

I tried 036, 055, 056, 059, 117, 119, 120, 154, 166, 182, 185, 187, 195, 197, 201, 248, and 250.

Sigh . . . so close, yet so far!

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: