JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-10820N Extender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeajea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If putting a “unnecessary” dev_xxx before the first real key in the macro always works that might be a reasonable limitation.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeajea wrote:
If putting a “unnecessary” dev_xxx before the first real key in the macro always works that might be a reasonable limitation.

No I need to figure out what is going on with this. Can't have it depending on a kludge to work. I've had some really screwy things going on with this remote, and interrupts..... Perhaps I left a line out somewhere, I need to check this against my other extenders to make sure I have the watchdog timer setup correctly.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh, where was my head. I've been fretting over nothing.

DSM's need to be at least two keys long in order to work. adding '00' to the hex, either before or after the key works just great. I will check to see if that's in my documentation.

However, I did find one place ECA5 which was 64, but if changed to 01 works much better.

Edit:
It was in the documentation, it just didn't address DSM because I didn't think that a macro would ever be one key.

So I changed the documentation to say.

This remote uses 2 byte EFC’s. It is important that you remember this when using the special protocols. If you write a DSM, Pause, ToadTog command that results in the HexCmd field containing just one byte, it won’t execute. You might end up with just one hex byte if you are just trying to force a ToadTog on or off, or a one key macro, or a pause command that results in one byte. If the HexCmd column shows one hex byte, you’ll need to pad that hex command with $00 or some do-nothing key.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the link once more.

I'm hoping to put this in the extender area next week.

So please let me know if there are any more problems.

jeajea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been running your latest update for 3.5+ days with no issues. Smile Smile Smile
tombongo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started using your extender. Since I am a newbie, I have what may be a stupid question. Some of my device upgrades are in RM and some in KM. I am unable to assign certain buttons such as "discrete on" and "discrete off" in KM. Is this because KM needs the extender built into it? Does it not use the RDF file that you provided? If it does, I am not sure how to add it. Embarassed
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KM does not use the RDF. KM is hard coded for the 10820n, some of the phantom codes that the extender uses were in the base remotes RDF, others were not.

Its easier to use RM to build an upgrade that has the additional keys. If you are already using RM, just open your km files in RM and create an RDMU that has the extender buttons.

You can always add keymoves by hand in IR, but this gets tedious if you use the same upgrade in several remotes.

tombongo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew that RM could open a KM file. My assumption about KM not using RDF files was correct though. I am good to go for now. I will get back to you on the PS3 adapter protocol when I have everything else ironed out. Thank you very much!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've changed the RDF to indicate that this is Extender Version A and have moved it from the diagnosis area into Extender area.

I'd like to especially thank jgfarrell (John) for all the preliminary error reports and systematic testing.

jgfarrell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vicky

Thanks for the hat tip and also thanks again for sharing your work with us.

W-a-a-a-y back in the Commodore 64 days I tinkered around quite a bit with 6502 assembly language so I have some idea of the time and effort that goes into something like this.

John
jetstar52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, I noticed that, in writing macros, "Shift-phantom3" shows up as "Xshift-Key0," and "Shift-phantom4" becomes "Xshift-Power." Is that normal for this 10820N extender?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetstar52 wrote:
Vicky, I noticed that, in writing macros, "Shift-phantom3" shows up as "Xshift-Key0," and "Shift-phantom4" becomes "Xshift-Power." Is that normal for this 10820N extender?

Hi Jetstar, you'll find that you can't assign anything to the Shift-Phantom3. It won't take a keymove or a macro. I'm actually surprised it will let you use the Shift-Phantom3 in a macro. If you check the 10820N keyset document that came with the extender you'll see that you can't shift the those Phantom keys, although I should have allowed phantom 3 to be shifted, that was an oversight on my part.

The first thing I do when I write an extender is make a keycode chart to make sure that there are not conflicts, and as you have discovered if you shift the keys that are above 40, you get conflicts with the xshifts.

If you need more phantoms I can add them to the RDF. You'll see that I have room for at least 15 more unshiftable Phantom codes.

jetstar52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you check the 10820N keyset document that came with the extender

That's a BIG "if..." Rolling Eyes

OK, I can avoid the keys not on the keyset. Thanks again for all your help!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I made a keyset code, and then found that the base RDF had some different values and so mine are not coordinated. I just changed my rdf so that I have all the phantoms that I intended.

Do you need more than 10 phantoms?

jetstar52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 10 should be plenty. Thanks so much! Is the new RDF in the extender file?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: