JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-10820N Extender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgfarrell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my IR files, one each for simple LKP & DKP macros, and text files outlining which keys didn't work correctly for me.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8777
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John.

I'll look into this.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeajea wrote:
It isn’t just CD that has the LKP problem. AUX, DVD, CD, PVR, SAT, TV, and CAB have the problem Crying or Very sad VCR, AUD and AUX2 work as expected.

Oh pooh, if PVR had been working correctly I might have been on to something.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I once said that it takes about 100 hours to write an extender, but I now think that is a huge underestimation, since I've spent almost 100 hours looking for an elusive error with the device keys.

I think I've found it, and I've uploaded a new extender here.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8605

jeajea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the correct procedure for upgrading from the prior version of the extender?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extinstall should reinstall the extender, although it seems to recreate the courtesy macros, so you'll need to delete those duplicate macros.

Do not to overwrite the prior IR file, just in case there is an error with extinstall.

We should all thank Unclemiltie for the Flash version of extinstall, because without that, extender testing would be a miserable experience.

jeajea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loaded my current DKP based file (version b) and saved it as version c. I used Extinstall from within IR to install the new version of the extended. I deleted the extra macros and saved again to version c and d. I then changed the DKPs to LKPs and saved again to version d. Finally I uploaded the LKP version to the remote. Everything I have tried works as expected Smile

After using DKP for a while I am considering using DKP for power/master power of as it is extremely unlikely to accidentally perform a DKP.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeajea wrote:
Everything I have tried works as expected Smile

Whew! Very Happy

jgfarrell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems good here too.

I noticed that when you extinstall the new hex file, some of the "Other Settings" on the General tab in IR are changed.

"Shift Key" is now 63, "AltShift Key" is now 39, "Alt Shift is now "Ordinary".
Doesn't seem to affect functionality though. Setup key still functions as Shift.

"Macro Delay" and "FavLEN1" are changed as well.

John
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the new RDF? I know I made the new adjustments to the RDF here, on my machine, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I got the right RDF into the Zip file, but I thought I had checked the dates in the zip file.

Whenever I change the extender, I have to change the RDF in order to get the bytes in the correct area. Many of those 'settings' actually change the code in the extender, so if I do anything that makes the bytes shift, then I have to change all the settings locations in the RDF.

MACRO delay is changed however, since that was the fix that started things to work correctly. The new macros will run slower because the faster macros were the cause of the mysterious device key problems. In fact it was reading one of your old PM's that made me realize that the Macros were running so much faster, that finally made me guess that the problem was in the that timing.

jgfarrell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you using the new RDF?

Oops, id10t error....

Remembered to do that on previous betas, forgot this time. Embarassed

John
jeajea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: 10820N extender beta DSM problem Reply with quote

Shift power doesn’t work correctly if it the first key in a DSM(Device Specific Macro). It does work if you put either Dev_xxx or a short pause before the shift power. I have it setup for DEV_CBL but I get the same failure on any device. I have only tried shift power
Code:
CBL swap is a DSM Shift power   Fails
CBL swap is a DSM Dev_CBL;Shift power   Works
Phantom2 is .188 second pause
CBL PIP is a DSM Phantom2;Shift power   Works

After discovering this problem I found that I could use the shift – power from the key pad so I don’t actually need the DSMs.

I deactivated the Extender, performed a 981 reset and loaded the Beta IR file
My test IR file

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8842
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you've stumbled on to something. You hadn't defined Shift-Power in the one you set for me, but I set it up and found that I had some severe problems with the buttons not working consistantly. I pressed the button multiple time, but it only worked some of the time. I'll have to see what I've done here.

In the meantime, I do believe it was your last test file that had all the toadtogs. Are they working correctly?

jeajea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is if shift power is not defined and power button is defined that shift power should “fall through” to power (power cloaking). You can change the device code to some other piece of equipment that you have such as your cable box for actual power on/off testing.

In my actual IR file all the toad togs work as expected. I have also added a ninth device (Seagate Freeagent Theater+).

If it would be helpful to others I could write up an explanation of how I am using the remote including testing the ON/OFF toad tog of the AVR to set volume AVR if it is on and volume TV if it off.

Fortunately for me but not for the testing I currently have no need for the device multiplexer.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you were using shift-cloaking and it wasn't working. However, something is going on because the keys are giving inconsistant results. You can see that if you press these keys the number of times the LED flashses is inconsistant. It may still be a timing issue, but could be something else.

I'm finding that this 10820N is super sensitive to macro timing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: