JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade wanted: Skyworth 32LBAIW LCD TV
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Upgrade wanted: Skyworth 32LBAIW LCD TV Reply with quote

1. Device: Skyworth HDTV/Monitor, Model Number 32LBAIW
2. Type of device: TV/HDTV/Monitor
3. Year: 2006
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8811
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a

As there are not many TV models out there from Skyworth, I guess the upgrade for any Skyworth TV would be worth my while trying.

Lookup tool brings up about a dosen of suggestions for Skyworth - I will go through them, but getting a readily available upgrade is preferred.
----------------------------
Added later: Tried ALL protocols found for ALL Skyworth devices in the Lookup Tool. None worked. Request stands.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Comcast Delta manual lists Skyworth LCD as TV Code 11799, (TV/1799), unfortunately my database doesn't have any information on Code TV/ 1799 and I won't be able to capture that information for you until December 15th. The Comcast Delta is not a JP1 remote. It basically only handles to On/Off/Volume Mute functions of the TV, no EFC's. So that isn't going to give you a lot of information, but it would be a start.

Certainly someone here has Comcast service and the ability to capture the signal.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks vickyg2003.

Yes, if I get at least some basic working buttons, I can find the rest, considering that there aren't that many of them.

Let's wait for someone kind enough with Comcast remote to capture and share the signal.

Thanks in advance.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I get with 1799 (Comcast Delta remote which is distributed with the Digital Transport Adapter)
NEC1 device 0.247

Vol+ 64
Vol- 76
Mute 4
Power 0

For Power, the Delta remote sends the XMP IR signal to power toggle the DTA, followed by the TV power signal. Usually IR8.03 decodes the second signal as Gap-546-1700-29? Device 0.247, OB 248, Misc 0.F7.0.1F. I tried both a RS 15-135 and a RCA RCRP05B. By staggering the button pushes of the Delta and learning remotes, the RCRP05B returned several reads of NEC1 0.247, OBC=0 for Power.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its odd that this would use NEC1 0, 247 when the only other device that I could find ANYWHERE that uses this combo is a Skyworth DVD player with conflicting OBC's. Rolling Eyes

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me like the only component using NEC1 0.247 is a SilverCrest DVD. [Silvecrest/eBench KH 6507 sold by LIDL] OBC are different from the 1799.

The Skyworth DVDs use 0.254, I think.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you made me think that I had transposed the digits since I do this ALL the time, but I went to the lookup tool and used Nec1, 0, 247. I only found Video 0898, which listed Skyworth in the brand.

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, two different resources. Our file section contains only 1 upgrade for 0.247 and that is the SilverCrest DVD. The upgrade mostly doesn't correspond to Video 0898, but digits 1-9 do. Nor does it match TV 1799.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had checked there too, but it turns out I had a bad filter, so it didn't turn up.

digital_silence

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input guys.

NEC1 0,247 is a last entry in the list that Lookup tool brings up when you search for Skyworth, all devices, right?

I tried it with the four codes that 3FG suggested (I assumed they were OBCs not EFCs, correct?) and had no luck.

Does it matter what you use in Excel cells C3 and C4 of KM ("Device type" and "Setup code") ?
I used 1024 for the setup code and tried using TV or DVD settings in "Device type" - all to no avail.

Any other suggestions?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
Thanks for your input guys.

NEC1 0,247 is a last entry in the list that Lookup tool brings up when you search for Skyworth, all devices, right?

probably but the EFC's would be different.
Quote:

I tried it with the four codes that 3FG suggested (I assumed they were OBCs not EFCs, correct?) and had no luck.

Yep OBCs

Quote:

Does it matter what you use in Excel cells C3 and C4 of KM ("Device type" and "Setup code") ?
I used 1024 for the setup code and tried using TV or DVD settings in "Device type" - all to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

The only thing special about device number and type is that you have to use the same number and device type assigned to a button. I remember I used to think that the type was something special, but it turns out its just determines which keys are available, and tells the remote which of the categories to search when trying to find out the assigned setup code.

You might try contacting the manufacturer directly.

digital_silence

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
probably but the EFC's would be different.

Of course. Tried both the ones from Lookup Tool list and from 3FG's learned buttons. No success.

vickyg2003 wrote:
You might try contacting the manufacturer directly.
That is always an option, but:

a) Manufacturer is in China with no local reps.
(interesting that the power plug on the end of the device's power cord is not molded, but hand-changed for the DIY one to suit local outlets, so I assume the TV was manufactured for Asian marked, and just hand-carried into the country later. I've never seen any of this brand devices here before)

b) Have to wait till their working week starts on Monday.

Will try to email or call them (guess will I need an interpreter) tomorrow.

Thanks also for clarification about the device type setting.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you did a 991 search with your remote, and didn't find anything on your remote. If any of the cable companies in your area use UEI remotes, you might want to borrow a cable remote and try a 991 search and see if that kicks up a working code.

digital_silence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really embarrased to ask, but what's a 991 search?

Please excuse my ignorance.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I should be embarrassed. Maybe Rob should give us a script like the help lines give so that we don't forget to check the basics.

If you check your manual, you will find a section entitled Searching for your codes.

This procedure varies from remote to remote.
For your URC-8811, the procedure is

Searching For Your Code
If your brand of TV does not respond to the remote control after trying all of the codes listed, or if your brand is not listed at all, try searching for your code. Turn on your TV
1. On the remote press {TV} once

2. Press and hold until the blinks twice, then release SET.
3. Enter in 9 - 9 - 1. The will blink twice.
4. While pointing the remote control slowly alternate between pressing {Power} and {TV} stop when the TV turns off.
NOTE: In the search mode, the remote control will send IR codes from its library to the TV starting with the most popular code first.
5. Press once to lock in the code. The Red Light will blink twice.
Searching For Your Code

Note that on the newer remotes the procedure is a little different especially step 4.
4. While pointing the remote control at the TV and press and release the CH + key until the TV turns off. (Note: You may need to press [CH+] numerous times).

With a cable, you can just download to check what your code is, but if you are using someone else's remote that isn't compatible with your EEprom type cable you can blink back the setup code that was found.

Blinking back the Setup Code
If you have set up the remote control using the Searching For Your Code
procedure, you may need to find out which four-digit code is operating your TV. Perform the following steps after setting up your TV to find out which code operates your TV.
1. Press and hold until the Red Light blinks twice, then release SET.
2. Enter in 9 - 9 - 0. The will blink twice.
3. To view the code for the first digit, press 1 once. Wait 3 seconds
and count the number of times the blinks (e.g., 3 blinks =3) and write down the number in the left most TV Code box (at end of this section).
NOTE: If a code digit is “0” the red light will not blink.
4. Repeat step 3 three more times for the remaining digits. Use 2 for the second digit, 3 for the third digit, 4 for the fourth digit. Finish writing down the code in the TV Code boxes (at end of this section).

Note that on some of the newer remotes use 5 digit remotes, so you may need to check the 5th digit too.

HTH

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: