JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8810w and Extender 3.1 Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oinge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: 8810w and Extender 3.1 Problems Reply with quote

I am just venturing into extenders. No proble with with the install and conversion of existing upgrades. As I had no experience with ToadTogs. I reduce down to just my TV (it looked like the easiest to start with). I got them working properly. Then I added my Receiver and my toggles working correctly. At this point I started to notice some odd behaviour. Mainly trouble with upload/download IR reporting no response from the remote. This was intermittent and mutliple trys and/or removing batteries, pushing button and uploading seemed to make things work.

After I had two devices with working ToadTogs, I started to write macros. TV seemed to work as I programme, but reciever wasn't working. Also the extender woul;d stop and have to be reactivated.

Looking at this site, I saw a thread about problems with my remote and the exteneder i am using and the problems reported there seemed similar to mine.

Now for my questions: Is an updated Extender available? Is version 2.4 a good solution? I suppose if I have to ask the answer is probably , NO, but can I add the 2 NOPs referred to in the other thread? If so, how.

I had been putting off venturing into extenders, but I have now seen enough to know I want to get beyond this and enjoy th ebenefits of extenders.
Oinge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Dries sent me a file with the NOPs added (or at least that is what I believe the mod was). It has solved my problems so far. I am going to proceed building my extended remote.

I may be up late tonight. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: