JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 Upgrades - cross-reference list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV combos
{deleted}

Rob, I cannot find 3 files, not even at yahoo in the TV or VCR/TVcombo section. Two are Panasonic Replay. Rob, they might be yours. One is RCA.
I added few lines which weren't in your list (blue rows)
Still confused about how to handle subdevices, so, as before, I made a column. Use whatever's useful.

3FG, I tried v0.4. As before the files downloaded. When I clicked ProcessFiles, got exception on Form1 about index oout of bounds. I wasn't sure what to put into the Open textbox. Eventually I just selected one file (last one, Zenith) and that's when I got the exception. This is on XP.
I'm sure I'm not saying right things to the Form1 dialog. Also, I needed to answer few, 2 I think, questions to the firewall. Perhaps that derailed things, but I doubt it since the files came in just fine.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally, you would select all the files in the directory, but you can select fewer. For example you might want to only select KM files, or reject all zip files. Or only select, say, Sony files.

Anyway, version 0.4 chokes if only 1 file is selected, because I forgot that .NET uses all zero based arrays, and got the path info from FileNames(1) rather than FIleNames(0).

I think version 0.5 has fixed that, but 0.4 will work if you select more than one file.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG,
I think it (v0.4) worked when I reported it didn't, because there is upgrades.csv file in the TVcombos directory a minute after the downloads. And yes, I understand the 1 file issue. And multiple selections worked.
I will square what I did manually vs your file and other than zips the whole thing looks great.
Suggestion - when upgrade.csv is written, could you, kindly please, put out a little msgBox to that effect.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
I just did DISH using 3FG's processor. But I have to be out of the house for several hours, so I'm not yet promising to do it.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz,
The Process HDD Files button is disabled (greyed out) during the processing. If your system is like mine, the processing is done in a fraction of a second.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Rob, I cannot find 3 files, not even at yahoo in the TV or VCR/TVcombo section. Two are Panasonic Replay. Rob, they might be yours. One is RCA. I added few lines which weren't in your list (blue rows)
Still confused about how to handle subdevices, so, as before, I made a column. Use whatever's useful.

The subdevices are dev2. The files that you thought were missing were there, it's just that the names weren't obvious, and all of them are still in the hifi file section. One of the ReplayTV files has the same name as a previous file, so my guess is that the 1st file got overlaid by the 2nd.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added Liz's TV Combos, along with PVR, Dish and Tivo.

All that's left now are SAT and TV.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some improvements. The file name string now only contains the file name and not the entire path.

Also took care of some parsing oddities.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8521
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave, it would be really great if links.csv file could also include the description that we see on the web. Then when you process HDD files, it would be great if the upgrades.csv included the links.csv info.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, time permitting, I'll start on the SAT group tonight and will use Dave's magic to both download and decode. Then I suppose we copy things from the upgrades.xls to your workbook. Is that how you've been doing it recently? (So far I was using manual by KM and RM). I'll check this thread later for advice, if any, of if differs from how we did before.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Liz, you should hold off on doing that. I've been doing it manually too, like you, but today I started a new approach. First, I grabbed the HTML from every index page so I could tie the file ids to the file descriptions, then I grabbed the link.csv files for each category and joined them all together in a spreadsheet.

Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8487

Next, I will either try cross-referencing it with the current spreadsheet or I'll re-create upgrades.csv for each category and mix them in.

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
I expect that I'll have a version which includes the file description tonight (Belmont, CA time).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be nice, but I've already managed to get all the descriptions manually. What would be nice is if you could include the folder name with the file name in the upgrades.csv file.

And if you could eliminate the word "null" from the device code columns, that would save me an edit.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm don't know which folder you mean. Are you referring to names like "AC & fans" and "DVD / VCR combo units", which are on the page "Forum Index -> File Section -> JP1 File Section -> Device Upgrades "?

I'm not sure what you plan to do with these names, but the program places downloaded files in subfolders (on the hard drive) with slightly different names, if necessary. For example, "DVD / VCR combo units" is not a valid file name or folder name, so I've replaced illegal characters (like "/") with an underscore.

Do you want the spreadsheet filled with valid file names, or with category titles, or something else? What would a entry look like? Audio\Sony KDL-xxxx? Or Audio in a separate cell?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean like how you do it in the link.csv file.

I am in the process of cutting and pasting the contents of the upgrades.csv files into the master file and I'm having to type in the category by hand.

If you download the new master file, you might get the idea of what I'm trying to do.

Btw, there's a bug in the program which causes it to re-download files from the previous category if you don't shut it down between runs. My guess is that you have an internal array that's not being initialized.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: